Best Places In The World To Eat

Waynish

I'm not going to make this a poll so we can include a greater diversity of suggestions...

-- What are the best cities or countries you know of to eat the best foods in?
-- What would be your top cities/countries to live in based on their effect on your mental and physical health?
-- What about locations that provide a good mix of climate and quality food access?

Hopefully we have a traveled population here :)

lvysaur

Switzerland probably

I'd also say Thailand but the milk will suck

DaveFoster

In your own dining room, where you can control what goes into your body.

Asia is probably the worst continent Peating; they love their vegetable oils.

Herbie

An Australian living in Norway Scandinavia.

Norway Pros:
- Animal rennet in cheese local cheese (no synthetic cultures)
- Good milk
- Good liver Pate store bought
- Great coffee
- Coca cola has cane sugar
- Wild Shrimp and white fish
- Candy is quite clean.
- Many processed foods use coconut oil not just canola
- Access to Chewing tobacco (snus)
- Low temperature lighting is mainly used
- Average humidity
- Clean chocolate milk (cocio)
- Quality beef
- Quality eggs
- Easy access to wild nature and is part big part of culture
- Good processed OJ
- Low air pollution.
- Clean aspirin.
- Clean roll on deodorant.
- Oslo is quiet and clean due to less cars and quieter people.

Cons: Winter Darkness, Iced coffee has carrageenan, Sour Oranges, Low Quality fruit, low altitude, Soy lecithin in processed foods, Oysters not abundant, attempting import of pregnenolone, dhea, progesterone is an offence but projest - e makes it through, cypro is prescription only.

Australia Pros:
- Good milk
- Clean iced coffee from store
- Good coffee
- Clean strawberry milk
- Quality beef
- Lots of sun
- Mild winter
- Quality eggs
- Access to wild prawns, oysters and white fish
- Great fruit and Great oranges
- Air pollution is average in cities
- Soluble aspirin.
- Can import pregnenolone, progesterone
- Cities are loud due to cars and noisy people
- Over the counter cypro

Cons: Lots of fluorescent lighting, Local cheese has synthetic cultures, dirty chocolate milk, Most processed food contains canola, no coconut oil in processed foods, carrageenan and soy lecithin in abundance. Low altitude, high humidity, wheat and alcohol culture.

Nowhere is perfect.

My opinion is that its easier to be healthy in Norway as the main food stores have everything in good quality I need where as in Australia I have to go to the main food store, the farmers market, the fish co-op, the organic store, the coffee store.

Norway is much more refined then Australia probably because Australia is a younger country.

Last edited:
OP
W

Waynish

Switzerland probably

I'd also say Thailand but the milk will suck

I found it to be one of the worst... Despite being the originators of a lot of the raw material for coconut products in the world, my time living there showed me that they pump unreliable meals (even expensive ones) full of PUFAs and other cheap ingredients. They only have coconut oil for topic use (which didn't stop me from cooking with it), but I hadn't heard of a single restaurant or individual cooking with it there.

OP
W

Waynish

Norway Pros:
- Good milk
- Great coffee
- Candy is quite clean.
- Average humidity
- Quality beef
- Quality eggs
- Good processed OJ
- Low air pollution.
- Clean aspirin.

Cons: Winter Darkness, Iced coffee has carrageenan, Sour Oranges, Low Quality fruit, low altitude, Soy lecithin in processed foods, Oysters not abundant, attempting import of pregnenolone, dhea, progesterone is an offence but projest - e makes it through, cypro is prescription only.

Australia Pros:
- Good milk
- Good coffee
- Clean strawberry milk
- Quality beef
- Lots of sun
- Mild winter
- Quality eggs
- Soluble aspirin.
- Over the counter cypro

Cons: Lots of fluorescent lighting, Local cheese has synthetic cultures, dirty chocolate milk, Most processed food contains canola, no coconut oil in processed foods, carrageenan and soy lecithin in abundance. Low altitude, high humidity, wheat and alcohol culture.

Nowhere is perfect.

My opinion is that its easier to be healthy in Norway as the main food stores have everything in good quality I need where as in Australia I have to go to the main food store, the farmers market, the fish co-op, the organic store, the coffee store.

Norway is much more refined then Australia probably because Australia is a younger country.

Thanks for the extensive list! I'm also in Scandinavia - feel free to shoot me a PM ;)

equusvult

Norway Pros:
- Good milk
- Great coffee
- Candy is quite clean.
- Average humidity
- Quality beef
- Quality eggs
- Good processed OJ
- Low air pollution.
- Clean aspirin.

Australia Pros:
- Good milk
- Good coffee
- Clean strawberry milk
- Quality beef
- Lots of sun
- Mild winter
- Quality eggs
- Soluble aspirin.
- Over the counter cypro

Nowhere is perfect.

Been all over the world, spent a considerable amount of time Scandinavia, and it was for me the easiest to eat healthy as a traveler, Norway being the best then Sweden, then Denmark. You can go to 7-11 style convenience stores and purchase high quality Peatish foods, and the tap water seemed better as well... Biggest con for me was very expensive, and my friends try to kill me with booze every time I visit. Also it is a very visually stimulating country with beautiful post card views that can be enjoyed even with a severe hangover.

Herbie

I forgot to mention the water, Norway do not put fluoride in the water and there is no hint of chorine either. Australia on the other hand, I get out of the shower and can smell the chlorine on my skin and the fluoride is added as well.

OP
W

Waynish

In terms of water the best I've had was Holland (Swiss would be too). They actually don't chlorinate. Scandinavia seems to put chloramines in - which don't have much of a taste or smell - but are much harder than chlorine to filter out.

amethyst

For the best variety, the most diverse selection of savory food choices, NYC hands down.

For quality and artistry and gastronomical deliciousness, Italy and France.

DaveFoster

New Zealand for the best dairy!

The best lamb too.
I tried Anchor dairy as a kid and thought that someone poisoned the U.S. food supply by comparison. Little did I know!

Australian lamb has a good, strong flavor, but the taste of lamb wears on one when eaten for weeks on end, moreso than beef.

cyclops

I found it to be one of the worst... Despite being the originators of a lot of the raw material for coconut products in the world, my time living there showed me that they pump unreliable meals (even expensive ones) full of PUFAs and other cheap ingredients. They only have coconut oil for topic use (which didn't stop me from cooking with it), but I hadn't heard of a single restaurant or individual cooking with it there.

Do restaurants anywhere in the world use coconut oil to cook with it? I live in the states and figure if I'm eating out and oil is being used, its probably cheap oils (PUFA) to cut down on costs. I doubt any place is using coconut oil and butter to cook with. Maybe butter rarely and not grass-fed. Olive oil rarely and probably a cheap kind.

Luann

In your own dining room, where you can control what goes into your body..

Truly. Best to live someplace non exotic, with a good super market nearby or fruit stands, and have a private place to eat.

yerrag

Do restaurants anywhere in the world use coconut oil to cook with it? I live in the states and figure if I'm eating out and oil is being used, its probably cheap oils (PUFA) to cut down on costs. I doubt any place is using coconut oil and butter to cook with. Maybe butter rarely and not grass-fed. Olive oil rarely and probably a cheap kind.
So true. Even in Manila coconut oil isn't used. Coconut oil has the AHA stigma. Must make one that has splashy ad and says "coconut oil used everywhere."

M

marikay

Best Pastry - France
Best Breakfast - Dublin, Ireland
Best Beef - Córdoba, Spain
Best Restaurant Meal - New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
Best Coffee - The Southern tip of the Big Island, Hawaii, USA
Best Cocktail - The Bar at the Corner of Commerce St., and Grove St. in Greenwich Village New York, USA
Best Homecooked Meal - Easter Sunday Dinner at the home of an Italian American family on Long Island, New York, USA
Best Dessert - Back to New Orleans for Beignets.
Best Nightcap - The 50 plus year old Port at The Bridge Cafe on the Southern tip of Manhattan.

yerrag

If you consider access to foods that are affordable throughout the year, I consider the Philippines suitable. I may not like the traffic and congestion in all the major cities, but if I keep myself from the traffic in rush hours, I actually find it easy to get foods that a variety of foods that are fresh.

Restaurant food is not very good here, except for Chinese and Filipino food, in which there is enough of a market that appreciates true Southern Chinese food and authentic Filipino food. The rest of world cuisine is tweaked to suit local tastes.

But if you enjoy cooking and have the time for it, there is seafood galore here. Tropical fruits Ray Peat mentions of. You can find innards of goats, cattle, and pork easily. Leaves are abundant that meet your calcium needs.

Milk is a bit more expensive, but widely available. Same with cheese.

Plenty of sunshine for your vitamin
D requirements. Half of the year it's hot and humid, so AC is needed to cool yourself.

If you want to get nutrition through food, your calcium, magnesium, and potassium requirements are easily met. For example, calcium through milk (cow, goat, or water buffalo), leaves- spinach, moringa, sili, carrots, talinum, alugbati, etc., as well as from small fish such as Indian anchovies. For copper, it's easy to find oysters. For vitamins A, D, K plenty of liver to find from goats and cattle. The chicken and pork are likely to contain less PUFAs as their feed consist of coconut flesh by-products. Even fruits such as avocado are likely to contain less PUFAs because of the warm tropical climate.

Of course, coconut water, coconut oil, coconut sugar and nectar- provide good fats and sugar, and electrolytes.

I may be biased. But I've traveled some but I now appreciate more what we have. And I now don't see that the grass is greener on the other side of the pasture.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals