Benefits Of Sitting In The Shade?

Peatful

Since my metabolism is better...temperature up....I find it harder to tolerate sitting in the sun for long at all.

Aside from being outdoors, are there any other benefits of sitting in the shade?

OP
Peatful

Peatful

Correct.
Hoping still get some "filtered" vitamin D?
And fresh air must have some therapeutic benefits too....
But enjoyment certainly equals lower cortisol...so good point.

x-ray peat

I heard once that you can still get some vitamin d as the UV radiation is scattered in the atmosphere and some will still hit your skin.

OP
Peatful

Peatful

I heard once that you can still get some vitamin d as the UV radiation is scattered in the atmosphere and some will still hit your skin.
Excellent. That's what I was hoping for...thx!

stressucks

If I sit in the shade, then go inside, inside is much darker. It seems to be a much higher light environment just being outdoors.

Just lol at not using the higher conciousness gained from peating to to summon a geo-stationary cloud tethered to your location

Xisca

Only near mid-day!
You get vitD only if the sun is higher than 50º above horizon. When UVB are present.
Then you are better in swimming costum, or less... to not stay ong and have a max.
Then it is liposoluble, so mind the soap use that removes your oil. VitD absorbtion seem to need up to 2 days for going into the body.

stressucks

I think the vitamin D obsession as it relates to sun is a forest for the trees situation.

Not that everything needs to be based on evolution, but I don't see us evolving as a species to need to be always looking to be in direct midday sun. I'd bet at any point in history before modern day, people are looking for shade during that time. Direct sunlight in the morning.

kateb

I think the light quality reaching your eyes is beneficial (for circadian rhythm and perhaps metabolically) Being outside in shade will get rid of sick feeling I get if inside too long. Inside air is generally yucky for lack of a better scientific term so I think shaded outdoor time is much better than being inside for your whole being.

Constatine

The lux in shade is still pretty high. It's enough light to avoid darkness induced stress.

Stramonium

bounce-lighting.jpg

Light bounces to any nearby objects, I guess this will allow you to stay longer exposed to the sun without burning your skin

tara

Inside air is generally yucky for lack of a better scientific term so I think shaded outdoor time is much better than being inside for your whole being.
+1 (depending on environment)
The lux in shade is still pretty high. It's enough light to avoid darkness induced stress.
+1

Also maybe opportunity for grounding if you can get your feet or back or something in contact.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals