Being Poor

Jing

How to you get healthy when you are poor? Seems like everything healthy is to expensive ..

Vinero

That was actually one of Ray Peat his goals, to create a healthy diet for people without a lot of money.
Milk, Eggs, Potatoes, and Chocolate are cheap foods you can buy in bulk, and are very low in PUFA and high in nutrients.
Orange Juice, Meats and Shellfish if you have slightly more money to spend.

Last edited:

Blossom

Forum Supporter
That was actually one of Ray Peat his goals, to create a healthy diet for people without a lot of money.
Milk, Eggs, and Potatoes are cheap foods you can buy in bulk, and are very low in PUFA and high in nutrients.
Orange Juice, Meat and Shellfish if you have slightly more money to spend.
Totally agree.

OP
J

Jing

Don't do good with milk or eggs .. to many potatoes don't do my stomach good either.

OP
J

Jing

Could do rice but can't just live of that lol to much of one food always gives me bad digestive problems..

OP
J

Jing

I do good with fresh squeezed orange juice but oranges are expensive

OP
J

Jing

Recently I've been eating eggs with butter, lots of milk and orange juice but I've ran out of orange juice and I can't keep drinking milk because of digestive issues and it gives me a rash on my face and gives me brain fog .. eggs to much gives me constipation and stomach aches .. I don't eat much because of digestive issues and money issues..

Vinero

I would add White rice or Potatoes, Cheese, and Chocolate, to your diet. But that's just what I would do. Maybe some meat like Chicken breast or Steak once in a while too.

It's very limiting to life and the spirit, to be poor.

I suggest making more wealth. Being richer is THE most beneficial thing you can do for your life and health.

OP
J

Jing

Ok, so do you think just eating white rice, potatoes, cheese, chocolate maybe some eggs would be ok to eat everyday? And orange juice when I can ..

OP
J

Jing

I suggest making more wealth. Being richer is THE most beneficial thing you can do for your life and health.
Need to get healthy or atleast not so I'll then I could..

L

lollipop

How would you recommend someone in the cycle of poverty pull out into wealth/abundance?

Milena

Ok, so do you think just eating white rice, potatoes, cheese, chocolate maybe some eggs would be ok to eat everyday? And orange juice when I can ..
Gelatin supplement or gelatin via short cooked broth did wonders for my gut. I couldn't do milk for years until that - cracked lips within minutes. Now I can drink lots of milk daily.

OP
J

Jing

Gelatin supplement or gelatin via short cooked broth did wonders for my gut. I couldn't do milk for years until that - cracked lips within minutes. Now I can drink lots of milk daily.
Thanks,may try some.