Beets For Reducing Estrogen And Inflammation

beachbum

Hello everyone,

I read somewhere that they are an AI and just read that they help inflammation along the same pathway as aspirin and ibpro etc.. unless I read it wrong. Anyway, when I do have them with balsamic vinegar and alot of salt like later today I feel awesome afterwards. Here is a link that was a little hard for me to understand but others here could either give more info. The Potential Benefits of Red Beetroot Supplementation in Health and Disease It does say it increases NO, is this bad?

Thank you

Wagner83

They are quite loaded with nitrates, when I consumed them (but diet was quite different overall) my breathing and allergies were 1000 worse. If you feel awesome after eating then maybe it is worth it.

OP
beachbum

beachbum

They are quite loaded with nitrates, when I consumed them (but diet was quite different overall) my breathing and allergies were 1000 worse. If you feel awesome after eating then maybe it is worth it.
The nitrates are I believe what increase the NO, so I guess for you not good or most, but it makes me feel dam good. I know I drink it as a juice I don't feel as good, but just a little off. If you do drink it as a juice don't drink alot.

David PS

I have read that in the US 80% of beets are GMO. You might want to search deeper into that aspect of beets. The ultimate question may be 'are there safer ways (or non-GMO methods) to reduce estrogen and inflammation?'.

OP
beachbum

beachbum

Really!!! that sucks. I wonder what other foods are GMO, I would guess quite a lot. Anyway. well I like beets and how they make me feel, so be it, I will take my chances with it. There are alot of other foods I can question for other things wrong with them but IMO our foods these days are getting worse. So I rather eat the beets then some sort of processed food. I can't stress over everything I eat and drink,,huh Thank you for the info:)

Pompadour

I saw this publication recently - they say that beetroots are very usefull for pregnancy! NO also puzzles me though....

Dietary interventions for fetal growth restriction - therapeutic potential of dietary nitrate supplementation in pregnancy. - PubMed - NCBI

Abstract
Fetal growth restriction (FGR) affects around 5% of pregnancies and is associated with significant short- and long-term adverse outcomes. A number of factors can increase the risk of FGR, one of which is poor maternal diet. In terms of pathology, both clinically and in many experimental models of FGR, impaired uteroplacental vascular function is implicated, leading to a reduction in the delivery of oxygen and nutrients to the developing fetus. Whilst mechanisms underpinning impaired uteroplacental vascular function are not fully understood, interventions aimed at enhancing nitric oxide (NO) bioavailability remain a key area of interest in obstetric research. In addition to endogenous NO production from the amino acid l-arginine, via nitric oxide synthase (NOS) enzymes, research in recent years has established that significant NO can be derived from dietary nitrate, via the 'alternative NO pathway'. Dietary nitrate, abundant in green leafy vegetables and beetroot, can increase NO bioactivity, conferring beneficial effects on cardiovascular function and blood flow. Given the beneficial effects of dietary nitrate supplementation to date in non-pregnant humans and animals, current investigations aim to assess the therapeutic potential of this approach in pregnancy to enhance NO bioactivity, improve uteroplacental vascular function and increase fetal growth.

Diokine

The betalain compounds in beets are extremely interesting, tyrosine-derived indoles with potent anti inflammatory activity.

ddjd

Hello everyone,

I read somewhere that they are an AI and just read that they help inflammation along the same pathway as aspirin and ibpro etc.. unless I read it wrong. Anyway, when I do have them with balsamic vinegar and alot of salt like later today I feel awesome afterwards. Here is a link that was a little hard for me to understand but others here could either give more info. The Potential Benefits of Red Beetroot Supplementation in Health and Disease It does say it increases NO, is this bad?

Thank you
im pretty sure its the betaine in beetroot, a methyl donor, which helps the body excrete estrogen.

Michael Mohn

im pretty sure its the betaine in beetroot, a methyl donor, which helps the body excrete estrogen.
Do you mean betalain? It's the pigment in red beet.

Sometimes I like to drink red beet juice and it has a relaxing effect on me.
I read that nitrite is antibacterial and can have a beneficial effect.

ddjd

Do you mean betalain? It's the pigment in red beet.

Sometimes I like to drink red beet juice and it has a relaxing effect on me.
I read that nitrite is antibacterial and can have a beneficial effect.
thats just an effect of raising nitric oxide- not healthy long term

the betaine in beetroot is what excretes estrogen