Baldness Is Caused By Poor Posture

milk

At least according to this guy who just made this post on 4chan.org/fit/:

-----------------------------------------------

BALDNESS IS CAUSED BY POOR POSTURE. THAT'S WHY POOR F#CKS IN AFRICA DON'T GO BALD.

A doctor at Detroit College of Medicine figured this out in late 1800s-early 1900s. He identified a toxin he named "trichotoxin" which was released by fermented unexhaled air. People who sit down a lot with their necks forward usually take short breaths with their diaphraghm and don't use their whole lungs. As a result, only the bottom lobules get filled and they don't get completely emptied. The doctor cultured some exhaled air from human subjects and injected several different animals with it. Many of these animals went bald. He coached his patients to use proper posture and breathe into their upper chest as well as lower chest.

I had to pastebin this because sci-hub won't bring it up depending on what day it is.

Common Baldness: Its Cause and Treatment -Delos Parker, 1907 - Pastebin.com

----------------------------------------

I'm still reading the article to which he linked. Maybe there's something to it. I do sit down a lot with my neck forward.

mujuro

So through a 2018 lens, he’s basically talking about compromised CO2 retention, hyperventilation, etc.

Lack of balding in African populations is not exactly relevant to baldness in developed nations. The environment, diet and lifestyle is a world away. It could be any number of things besides posture. Nomadic or tribal groups have few stressors beyond food and shelter. No xenoestrogens, plenty of sunlight, early bed times, early waking. I could go on.

At least according to this guy who just made this post on 4chan.org/fit/:

-----------------------------------------------

BALDNESS IS CAUSED BY POOR POSTURE. THAT'S WHY POOR F#CKS IN AFRICA DON'T GO BALD.

A doctor at Detroit College of Medicine figured this out in late 1800s-early 1900s. He identified a toxin he named "trichotoxin" which was released by fermented unexhaled air. People who sit down a lot with their necks forward usually take short breaths with their diaphraghm and don't use their whole lungs. As a result, only the bottom lobules get filled and they don't get completely emptied. The doctor cultured some exhaled air from human subjects and injected several different animals with it. Many of these animals went bald. He coached his patients to use proper posture and breathe into their upper chest as well as lower chest.

I had to pastebin this because sci-hub won't bring it up depending on what day it is.

Common Baldness: Its Cause and Treatment -Delos Parker, 1907 - Pastebin.com

----------------------------------------

I'm still reading the article to which he linked. Maybe there's something to it. I do sit down a lot with my neck forward.

I think this thread is going to get a lot of hate on here, but I think it’s fascinating. As some anecdotal evidence, my uncle went completely bald and has awful neck posture. I’ve often noted that bald men have a different neck structure/posture to men with thick full hair. I can’t explain it - the head looks like it’s jutting forward on the top of the spine. The upper body from the diaphragm up seems to be weighted differently. I’m sure it’s much more complicated than this, but surely a contributing factor. Perhaps lack of physical exercise in early life, which may be common amongst upper classes and intelligentsia that are historically more likely to go bald.

EDIT: I initially replied before reading the whole study :p But interesting about the chest breathing. Still along the lines of balding men with different upper body structure/weighting.

Last edited:

paymanz

non sedentary people also go bald.

trichotoxin is interesting . anyone has reference for its formation in body by the mechanism they mentioned in OP?

GorillaHead

non sedentary people also go bald.

trichotoxin is interesting . anyone has reference for its formation in body by the mechanism they mentioned in OP?
Whats classified as non sedentary?

Thats probably cause they exert lots of cortisol onto themselves

paymanz

Whats classified as non sedentary?

Thats probably cause they exert lots of cortisol onto themselves

i mean people who are physically active. athletes are good examples , many of them are bald even in their 20s.

Thoushant

Wow thank you for the link.

I will be reading it, so far from skim it suggests 6 hours of fermentation and no fermentation above 80 C. Aka every 6h make sure to ventilate new air allover

Anecodal: i had thick eyelashes, my parents joked about me using mascarre growing up. They are nowhere where they were, but a month ago i started breathing to move the first ribs, and it felt like in only days, upper eyelashes thickened and lower are thicking slowly from the sides in. Thought bloodflow but that substance sounds intersting too.

I know that Peat relates hypothyroidism to hair loss - could the body lowering it’s oxygen consumption result in this less than adequate breathing technique? So the low metabolism comes first, leading to the altered breathing technique by adaptation?

ExD

probably true

mine started around 18 and halted at 24. before 18 i swam daily for over 10 years and despite having a terrible lifestyle i was at least in good shape due to the resistance and natural stretching motions of swimming in water. after 18 i let my video game addiction go rampant and by 24 i was a sedentary stoner.

discovered peat around that time and halted hair loss.

only started getting regrowth when i was 30/31 - started sleeping on the floor, doing head massages to counteract fibrosis (i had a little mohawk of calcified tissue lol) and fixing my posture from years of poor habits.

my legs are much stronger and my balance and flexibility have improved so much, and the effect this has had on my mental health and ability to handle stress is remarkable. strengthening my legs, hips and core has had the most dramatic impact on my hair

for example, the greatest "exercise" i've discovered for head circulation is touching your toes. unlike hanging upside down, which is a passive exercise and will not provide the necessary stretch to open the spine and neck, maintaining perfect posture while you bend down to touch the floor forces the hips, spine, shoulders and neck to completely open up. this flushes my head and scalp and feels amazing, and i can tell that soon i will be strong enough to shift my weight fully onto hands and try hand stands xD

Mountain

Interesting. If I've been sitting for a long time I'll sometimes get the urge to take a deep breath. Instantly, I'll feel a pins and needles/flush sensation through my feet and into my toes. It makes me think that chronically shallow breaths causes poor oxygenation of tissues, especially the periphery, scalp certainly included. Experiences like this makes me wonder whether the Buteyko people might have it the wrong way around. That is, high metabolism creates high CO2 instead of trying to artificially increase CO2 by restricting breathing (and likely lowering tissue oxygenation, too).

Not sure about the trichotoxin, though. But very interesting if the experiments are true.

tankasnowgod

I'm beginning to view posture as more and more important. If you look in the IBT thread, Andrew Fletcher mentions that one thing it corrects is posture, and he believes posture is really important. He has even mentioned that he thinks Wim Hof has amazing body temperature control due to his use of posture, and so can do all those amazing sub zero feats basically wearing a bathing suit. Better posture would lead to better circulation, which would lead to better oxygenation and feeding of cells, and also better toxin removal.

I've also gotten interested in Foundation Training created by Eric Goodman, who works a lot on the posterior chain. Not because that's the most important, but because excessive sitting has weakened us in that area.

Since getting interested in this, almost EVERYONE I see (well over 90% of people) have bad posture, most a dowagers hump (or similar), always hunching over.

I don't know if it's the only thing, but wouldn't doubt improving posture improves a whole host of conditions, possibly including baldness in some.

rei

I did not even know i had a problem with posture before i accidentally got the right supplement stack through reading this forum and Ray Peat, and my joints started opening up. During 2 weeks i reset more than 10 spinal discs and numerous shoulder, hip, ribcage joints/ligaments using some kind of yoga/chiropractic. It was a very weird experience and resulted in a significant change in appearance and posture, probably also couple cm in length.

I can confirm i used to breathe shallowly at rest, and now that is gone so the theory in the OP is not completely absurd to me.

Last edited:

jacob

I'm beginning to view posture as more and more important. If you look in the IBT thread, Andrew Fletcher mentions that one thing it corrects is posture, and he believes posture is really important. He has even mentioned that he thinks Wim Hof has amazing body temperature control due to his use of posture, and so can do all those amazing sub zero feats basically wearing a bathing suit. Better posture would lead to better circulation, which would lead to better oxygenation and feeding of cells, and also better toxin removal.

If posture is important and if Wim Hof has great use of posture, then why does Wim have awful hair line/thickness/quality?

I don't think the Wim Hof argument is a great example unless you want to say his old age or that he's not using his posture to improve his hair

ExD

If posture is important and if Wim Hof has great use of posture, then why does Wim have awful hair line/thickness/quality?

I don't think the Wim Hof argument is a great example unless you want to say his old age or that he's not using his posture to improve his hair

it might have something to do with the fact he's made a lifestyle out of hyperventilating and exposing his body to extreme stress, rather than massaging his head in order to look pretty

Motif

That's wussup

tankasnowgod

I didn't use him as an example of a great hairline. I gave him as an example of someone who had amazing body temperature control. I think one of the main drivers of hairloss is stress. He is often putting himself in very stressful situations.

So, if you are concerned about hairloss, work on improving your posture, but don't constantly put yourself in sub zero temperature weather or water while only wearing a baiting suit.

REOSIRENS

Hypothyroidism and progesterone deficiencies are related to baldness...both lack of progesterone and thyroid hormones (triiodothyronine) gives rise to estrogen and estrogen increases cortisol that destroys tissue producing fibrosis (hair shedding)... Tiiodothyronine and progesterone protect you against fibrosis keeping collagen integrity... Stress increases estrogen and estrogen increases levels of parathyroid producing calcification, prolactin producing hair growth inhibition, cortisol destroys tissue.

So you need to lower estrogen and balance your blood sugar...

Inhibit parathyroid with vitamin d
Inhibit prolactin with zinc
Inhibit Cortisol with vitamin A

But hormones like progesterone and triiodothyronine are the best active ingredients against baldness

Back
Top Bottom