Bad Breath

Fil72

Hi, both my kids have such bad breath. No white coating on the tongue. But a very pongy breath, especially when they wake up? Other than that they are very well. They are 9 and 7 years old. I posted a thread about my son and the issue with nocturnal enuresis but not sure that is related.
What can be the issue here? Grateful for some pointers! Thanks,

OP
F

Fil72

No, they don't take any supplements. But we eat a fair bit of cheese, yogurt and butter.

Do they brush their teeth? How often? And with what toothpaste, if any?

Even if they don't have white coatings on their tongues, have them try brushing their tongue.

It might also be calcium stones hiding in the crypts at the back of the throat.

Lecarpetron

Bad breath = bad bacteria. Some people have reported improvements from taking K2. I just finished a book called Kiss Your Dentist Goodbye that presents research suggesting that exposure to 6-10 g of xylitol per day over the course of 6 months can improve saliva chemistry and get rid of bad bacteria. I haven't tried this yet, but anecdotal reports seem to support it.

Gut bacteria

I used to have that

My dad who's a doctor told me
To take a walk for 15 minutes after the last meal . Then drink 2 cups of water and sleep

After two days I got great

And sure brushing our teeth is definitely good to kill the bacteria and enzymes in our mouth

OP
F

Fil72

Hi thanks, i think it might be gut dysbiosis of some kind. how to improve that the RP way? Other suggestions would be to eat fermented food and probiotics but I know that is not reccommended here.
@BigYellowLemon i will check it out as i know i get it too. The calcium stones..and they are rank!
They brush their teeth morning and night.

mangoes

Peat also mentioned reverse peristalsis in an interview, a scientist found that students who suffered bad morning breath, by inserting some powder into the bottoms of the students before they went to sleep, the powder would end up in their mouths of a morning.

He said that it's too much adrenaline (and histamine and serotonin), but mainly adrenaline from the autonomic nervous system kicking in to compensate for low oxidative metabolism. I think also that any kind of gut irritant can cause reverse peristalsis so maybe it's some bad bacteria or something in their diet, I don't know.

Of course there are other causes of bad breath which are probably more likely, so it might not be that but yeah a possibility too.

I guess what the actual smell is, could be indicative of the problem too. A few disorders/problems cause certain types of odorous breath.

OP
F

Fil72

Peat also mentioned reverse peristalsis in an interview, a scientist found that students who suffered bad morning breath, by inserting some powder into the bottoms of the students before they went to sleep, the powder would end up in their mouths of a morning.

He said that it's too much adrenaline (and histamine and serotonin), but mainly adrenaline from the autonomic nervous system kicking in to compensate for low oxidative metabolism. I think also that any kind of gut irritant can cause reverse peristalsis so maybe it's some bad bacteria or something in their diet, I don't know.

Of course there are other causes of bad breath which are probably more likely, so it might not be that but yeah a possibility too.

I guess what the actual smell is, could be indicative of the problem too. A few disorders/problems cause certain types of odorous breath.

Thanks for this insight. I am kind of wondering what type of powder that was. : ) My son has dust mite allergy which might explain high histamine in him. High seratonin too due to some of his behavioural issues. So ice cream before bedtime seems to be the answer here!

Rivka

Do they eat enough fruit? Fruit is great for digestion and moving material down the GI tract.

schultz

No, they don't take any supplements. But we eat a fair bit of cheese, yogurt and butter.

Chris Masterjohn mentioned in one of his articles that vitamin K could reduce saliva bacteria significantly. In the quote below, menadione is vitamin K3, which can be converted to vitamin K2 in the body.

"In the 1940s, researchers showed that menadione and related compounds inhibited the bacterial production of acids in isolated saliva."

"In a group of six patients, administration of the concentrate (vitamin K2) reduced the Lactobacillus acidophilus count from 323,000 to 15,000. In one individual, the combination of cod liver oil and Activator X concentrate reduced the L. acidophilus count from 680,000 to 0."

Impressive reduction in bacteria.

So K2 may have anti-biotic effects, which is not surprising since Ray has mentioned that there is a similarity between vitamin K and tetracycline.

@amaranthine mentioned reverse peristalsis, which is another possibility.

Luann

Woww just realized my vitamin K supplement only has 90 mcg per pill. Wow.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals