B Vitamins Help Schizophrenia

haidut

Forum Supporter
While this was a meta study it is still significant because it looked at quite a few OTC supplements and found only the B-family of vitamins to have a positive effect.

The effects of vitamin and mineral supplementation on symptoms of schizophrenia: a systematic review and meta-analysis | Psychological Medicine | Cambridge Core
B vitamins found to reduce symptoms of schizophrenia

"...The authors of the study reviewed 18 clinical trials, examining a total of 832 patients receiving antipsychotic treatment for schizophrenia. While vitamin C and zinc seemed effective in some single trials, B vitamins stood out as beneficial across multiple studies. “Currently, only B vitamins have been found to be effective on a meta-analytic level. Studies which use high-dose B vitamins, or combine multiple B vitamins, seem to be most effective,” said Firth. In these trials, patients saw improvements in total symptom scores, a standard measure of overall mental health. Those in the early years of the illness were found to benefit most."

Lucenzo01

Niacin and niacinamide has been used to treat schizophrenia with 100% success rate. So sad that science is kidnapped by big pharma. I hope one day people will wake up and see what they are doing to us.

Emstar1892

Niacin and niacinamide has been used to treat schizophrenia with 100% success rate. So sad that science is kidnapped by big pharma. I hope one day people will wake up and see what they are doing to us.

Where did you get the 100% success rate figure from? My brother has simple schizophrenia (one of the hardest forms to treat).

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Where did you get the 100% success rate figure from? My brother has simple schizophrenia (one of the hardest forms to treat).

Search the forum for "serotonin schizophrenia" or "serotonin psychosis". Even pharma companies have admitted the causal role of serotonin and have multiple serotonin antagonists in clinical trials for "resistant" schizophrenia. Also, search the forum for "methylene blue psychosis" as it has had highly successful human studies for that.