Anyone Who Doses High K2 Mk4 Notice Any Affects On Hairloss

GorillaHead

Started taking 10mg a day. And I am shedding like crazy and my libido is skyyyyyyyy high. All while I am on finasteride.

Anyone anecdotes ?

rawmeat

You gotta realize why you need supplements before taking them! People make the mistake of being super liberal with them, and Peat points this out.

I also get plenty of K2 with cooked greens in saturated fat.

Scenes

Always made me shed too. People say it’s good for hair but I’ve never agreed.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

Quit finasteride

10 mg of K2 MK4 isn’t too much.
Until someone shows me a lifestyle that that yield hair results. I
Always made me shed too. People say it’s good for hair but I’ve never agreed.
i wonder if it’s a good shed replaced with good hair but all the anecdotes I read is it caused recession makes me wonder if it has a direct result on the 5ar enzyme

Scenes

Until someone shows me a lifestyle that that yield hair results. I

i wonder if it’s a good shed replaced with good hair but all the anecdotes I read is it caused recession makes me wonder if it has a direct result on the 5ar enzyme

The big libido boost is probably a bad sign for hair. People recently been saying t3, taurine, k2 and b1 best stack for hair. I’ve found t3 and taurine helpful, but not game to add k2 again.

nbznj

I’d think that the big libido boost is a good sign, better blood flow, enhanced penis sensitivity.... when my penis is on fire, my brain follows suit. I could be wrong though. There isn’t a lot of work on K2 in humans. We know it’s fast at reversing arterial calcification and that’s always a vastly positive effect.

Initial shedding followed with painfully slow regrowth over months if not years is to be accepted with every single method. AFAIK only finasteride, dutasteride and LLLT devices have controlled studies where more thicker hair does grow back. Man up and shave your hair if you want to monitor regrowth without the distress of initial shedding

baccheion

Are you taking it with anything? Vitamin D3, A, calcium, magnesium? Vitamin E at a separate time, as they compete? Vitamin C? Iodine?

With vitamin E opposed, progesterone-like effects are reduced.

Orangeyouglad

What brand of K2?

I noticed a bit of shedding when I started as well, but I’m not writing it off just yet.

If the theory about scalp calcification is true, then K2 would seem to be important for regrowth.

It seems that some people attribute bigger skill shape to any shed K2 gives them. Or, it could be part of an initial shed as the blood flow returns. Who knows.

taking finasteride is very, very very bad.

i am surprised given the long term problems anyone here would be taking it.

Honestly, it boggles my mind why it is worth a lifetime of screwed up hormones and retrograde ejaculation risk and impotence. Those are the side effects.

Orangeyouglad

Honestly, it boggles my mind why it is worth a lifetime of screwed up hormones and retrograde ejaculation risk and impotence. Those are the side effects.

I agree. I took it for a few years and I'm a young guy. I regret it. The problem is that you don't see what it's doing to you while you're on it. After getting off and fixing some things, I feel like a changed man.

JDreamer

Are you taking it with anything? Vitamin D3, A, calcium, magnesium? Vitamin E at a separate time, as they compete? Vitamin C? Iodine?

With vitamin E opposed, progesterone-like effects are reduced.

Good call.

I started reading these forums and then freely started trying all these supplements not know WHEN or WHAT to take them with. In fact, I still don't know the in's and out's.

nbznj

Topical is fine, just like topical ketoconazole is fine

redsun

Better to be learning to nail the bald look than to block the most important and protective male hormone.

@GorillaHead have you ever e-mailed Dr. Peat about ways of preventing hair loss and regrowing hair? I think taking finasteride in effort to preserve the hair you have left is just digging you into a deeper hole and probably preventing any chance at recovery. DHT is essential in men, especially when we are talking about hormones. It has an integral role in reducing cortisol, prolactin, and estrogen levels, all who have probable connections to hair loss in men. Cortisol, prolactin, estrogen also inhibit thyroid function and it is thyroid function which has direct role in growth anywhere in the body and this includes hair.

The correct path is always the path that works by restoring thyroid function, increasing androgens, lowering estrogen, prolactin, cortisol and other catabolic anti-thyroid hormones. I don't know what peat would say if you asked him, but it probably would be something like taking thyroid, possibly a focus on T3 as well as substances to lower free fatty acids in the blood like niacinamide. You should really ask him yourself if you haven't already.

D

Deleted member 5487

Started taking 10mg a day. And I am shedding like crazy and my libido is skyyyyyyyy high. All while I am on finasteride.

Anyone anecdotes ?

K2 is defiantly androgenic as is aspirin/ E/ collagen/gelatin...etc.

People on here act like they’re not.

The reason they cause shedding is because hormonally your lacking in prog/pregnenolone/ thyroid. Androgenic supplements further increase androgens to protective hormones ratio and cause the shedding/masculinization.

Healthy people with high thyroids have high androgens and remain lean and fit with full heads of hair.

With K2 you want to take a lot of calcium carbonate with it. When u take k2 without it , it tanks your calcium and spikes your prolactin.

The real question how do we return to a youthful metabolism. That’s the problem, since through stress a lot of us we’re damaged with PUFA liberation and excess serotonin. Reversing these trends is a dialey struggle.

baccheion

The reason they cause shedding is because hormonally your lacking in prog/pregnenolone/ thyroid. Androgenic supplements further increase androgens to protective hormones ratio and cause the shedding/masculinization.

Healthy people with high thyroids have high androgens and remain lean and fit with full heads of hair.

With K2 you want to take a lot of calcium carbonate with it. When u take k2 without it , it tanks your calcium and spikes your prolactin.

The real question how do we return to a youthful metabolism. That’s the problem, since through stress a lot of us we’re damaged with PUFA liberation and excess serotonin. Reversing these trends is a dialey struggle.
How much calcium? How much magnesium?

Vitamin D3 megadose may be a way. Or iodine (protocol).

The main changes from younger to older are HGH, cortisol, insulin, DHEA (, etc), magnesium, and vitamin D3.

Cortisol and insulin steadily rising as DHEA falls (maybe all due to lack of growth-stimulus/chondrocytes or accumulation of stress/inflammation/cortisol) leads to degeneration. Vitamin D3 opposes (/replaces?) cortisol?

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

Interesting. So u think k2 is causing high prolactin and that’s the cause of my shedding?
Is that what your suggesting?

I stopped the K. And the shedding stopped. Literally the next day.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals