Anyone Here Stopped Their Hairloss?

JDreamer

A couple of weeks ago I started a couple of new things:

- After I wash my hair, I lightly towel dry and the brush my scalp for 2-3 minutes
- I then apply/massage salicylic acid until dry
- Apply/massage liquid magnesium to my scalp and let dry

One interesting thing to note is the volume and overall condition of my hair has perked up considerably. Not sure if it's a fluke or if I'm onto something.

Last edited:

Inaut

Just added some mag chloride to my mixta.

Will test it out. Surprisingly it feels better on my scalp then it ever did on my skin

Orangeyouglad

I want to bump this to see if anyone has more info on the CB1/hair-loss connection. This thread was the first time I’ve seen it pop up.

GreekDemiGod

So, I've been implementing several ideas laid out in this thread by @Elephanto, and I am seeing some regrowth and new baby hairs.:cat: However, it's mostly at my right temple. Any thoughts on why the other temple won't catch up?
The only thing that I apply topically is ACV.

blueorca

So, I've been implementing several ideas laid out in this thread by @Elephanto, and I am seeing some regrowth and new baby hairs.:cat: However, it's mostly at my right temple. Any thoughts on why the other temple won't catch up?
I think Elephanto's protocol is really effective. It cleared up my thinning crown, and oddly made my forehead smaller. But i have telogen effluvium and not for the most a nw 1.5 before i started, so maybe his protocol can eventually lead to a juvenile hairline. Anyways, one thing elephanto didnt include was coffee, that sped up my results so much. It also helps get rid of the iron from your body and helps get rid of pufas. Start with 1 cup then move on to two cups after meals especially if your going to eat one with pufas and iron, but you dont have to have a perfect diet to achieve results. Elephanto told me that he ate alot of restaurant food when achieving regrowth and the only thing he a oided was dairy and gluten(to an extent)

brix

I think Elephanto's protocol is really effective. It cleared up my thinning crown, and oddly made my forehead smaller. But i have telogen effluvium and not for the most a nw 1.5 before i started, so maybe his protocol can eventually lead to a juvenile hairline. Anyways, one thing elephanto didnt include was coffee, that sped up my results so much. It also helps get rid of the iron from your body and helps get rid of pufas. Start with 1 cup then move on to two cups after meals especially if your going to eat one with pufas and iron, but you dont have to have a perfect diet to achieve results. Elephanto told me that he ate alot of restaurant food when achieving regrowth and the only thing he a oided was dairy and gluten(to an extent)

what exactly did you take? I haven’t seen a consolidated post about his protocol. Thank you

blueorca

oh i forgot. your case with one side. I had the same thing happen to me but i just assumed my left side was thinner because thats the side I slept on.

blueorca

Basically this is what he told me. We spoke for months almost every week and he always tried to answer all my questions. This guy had everything figured out but, it takes a while. I highly recommend. His stack also is similar to the one on the body building forum where the guy posted results. Also, Elephanto doesnt take most of these every day. Like 3 times a week. Certain Ones like Magnesium, zinc(at the beginning),p5p,msm and baking soda should be daily atleast at the beginning. I know its alot of info but like i said we spoke alot and this guy cured his hairloss and help me cure mine.
The stack is this :
Magnesium Citrate (1-2g), Zinc Picolinate (50-100mg), P-5-P enteric coated (50mg), Selenized Yeast (100mcg), Vitamin K2 (1mg), Vitamin A (5000iu), Vitamin E (250-400iu), Boron (6-15mg), Taurine (1-2g) and/or MSM (1-2g), Niacinamide (500-1500mg), Chromium for a while (250mcg). About the RDA doses for B1 & B2. A bit of Apple Cider Vinegar orally. Temporarily, high dose Coconut Oil (3-6 tbsps) and Baking soda (4 tsps daily, away from meals) which should reduce Endotoxins in long term. Molybdenum isn't needed in all cases but hair loss can be caused by excess copper which it chelates.

Topically, there is scalp massaging (detumescence) and diving your hair in a bowl of diluted Apple Cider Vinegar and letting it dry over night. Nizoral 1-2 times a week to remove sebum. The habits I pretty much outlined all in my latest posts. Daily cardio (about 20 mins at a pace where you can exclusively breath through the nose) shouldn't be underestimated as well as your breathing technique in general to retain more CO2 (bag breathing a few times a day also helps with this). Basically to have a consistently controlled and slow breathing through the nose, to not release or inhale too intensely and to make the exhalation longer than the inhalation.
Copper from multivitamins should absolutely be avoided, they are inorganic sources. Only Copper from food is good. And Molybdenum requires a temporary protocol of very high dose (3 x 450mcg daily) to chelate stored inorganic Copper as normal Molybdenum intake doesn't affect Copper levels. Your multivitamin should not contain Iron, Niacin (Histamine triggering, unlike Niacinamide) and many B vitamins in excess can have a negative effect. Only the Selenized Yeast form of Selenium is effective, other have contradicting results. Other forms of Zinc are mostly ineffective (some like Citrate and Sulfate not even affecting serum and hair Zinc levels at 50mg), Picolinic Acid greatly increases Zinc absorption (and in supp it requires a lot of to change serum levels, so I would advice 100mg at first) and P-5-P has also been shown to increase Picolinic Acid.

Yeah baking soda washed down with water, since it is sodium you may need to drink more water to not get dehydrated. As for foods, well I do better with a low sugar intake (at least to not mix sugar and starch together, the combo increases Candida biofilm formation the most) and almost no dairy (carragenan-free cream is usually fine, about 2 tsps provide benefits of Palmitic Acid on cortisol and androgens). Eating organic broccoli at least once a week is effective to reduce Estrogen levels, avoiding gluten and other gut irritants (can be potatoes, too much coffee, too much sugar, fodmaps, additives etc) is important to limit Endotoxins damage, maybe incorporating tomato sauce for Lycopene's anti-estrogenic and anti-oxidant effects 1-2 times a week. Having a source of Silica is good for hair and general detoxification and decalcification, mainly organic bell peppers and occasional oats. A source of Manganese with toasted wheat germ or Adzuki beans. As a protein source, I like Adzuki beans that are soaked in baking soda for 48 hours before cooking.
Good guess actually, I would say this combo of Zinc Picolinate at 100 mg for a while to resplenish, Mag Citrate at 1g+ and Taurine should be effective, especially when combined with things like topical ACV, temporary high dose Coconut Oil and daily cardio + reduced ejaculation frequency. I would consider adding at least Vitamin A and E too (you can get a good cheap vit A source on purebulk.com), which should be taken together to avoid potential oxidation of vit A.

But yeah I don't advice multivitamins, it could do more damage than good.
About Iron, well hair loss is definitely a symptom of actual Iron deficiency, which tends to be very rare in males since they don't lose blood from menstruation. It wouldn't appear as typical mpb hairline recession but rather more like female hair loss. On the other hand, excess Iron is a strong promoting factor of androgenic hair loss. The Iron in supplemental form may be too strongly absorbed, if you really do have low Iron then eating red meat like lamb, veal liver etc regularly would be sufficient and safer.

The Citrate form of Magnesium I think is important for significant decalcification, and only Picolinate is an effective form of Zinc supp.
Protein are a source of sulphur, which is what Taurine and MSM are, so it helps with decalcification and general detoxification. But too much protein is also bad because of certain amino acids and the anti-androgenic phtalates in eggs and chicken, the heme Iron in red meat etc. You could try adding some legumes in your diet like Adzuki Beans and Lentils, which have plenty of beneficial effects that meat doesn't have (very high antioxidant potential and ER-Beta triggering which protects against the negative effects of Estrogen). About 50g of protein would be good enough in my experience. And avoiding gluten is part of the guide, I believe it is important. It would be better to get your carbs from white basmati rice (or vermicellis) and legumes.
Milk is bad by containing IGF-1 and triggering opioid receptors, if lactose isn't 100% digested (often the case, especially when thyroid health isn't optimal) the remnaining fraction also promotes Endotoxins. Goat cheese is a bit better for instance. I found rice vermicellis that are very low in protein (1g for 63g of carbs) so that may be even better than rice since the protein fraction contains opioid-triggering rice albumin (it isn't as potent as milk's casomorphins or gluten opioid peptides but could make a difference).

Coconut Oil orally is to reduce Endotoxins load and kill off Candida (temporary protocol of baking soda also helps with this), it's also effective against the P. Acnes bacteria strain which promotes sebum production. I would always have some with meals (1-2 tsps) to prevent bacterial feeding but at first a temporary protocol of high dose away from meals is effective to potently eliminate Endotoxins. Between 3-6 tbsps daily, maybe for 2 weeks or so.

I don't know if less would be enough, but definitely drink a lot of water with Mag Citrate to dillute citric acid that can be gut irritating, and ideally taken in 2 doses and away from meals. Since MSM or Taurine also decalcify, then less may be needed. Now Taurine may hit some factors that MSM doesn't because it stimulates bile acids which is effective against Endotoxins and may be more specifically effective toward liver health (Mag, Zinc and general anti-endotoxins also help with this). That said, it might do the trick just as well. I've used MSM later on, actually after most of my regrowth, but I've felt very good effects on hair thickness, maybe moreso than Taurine. For oral ACV also drink a good amount of water with it.

I wouldn't use Coconut Oil topically too often, the oiliness may act similar to sebum clogging up pores. It should be good to use once in a while. The topical ACV doesn't have this problem, and I would suggest at least trying it and letting it dry over night a few times rather than just using as a shampoo in shower. Using it at first was very effective to decalcify, where I would wake up and triggering the occipitalis scalp muscle was easier (less resistance).

GreekDemiGod

Can anyone chime in on how wheat consumption has affected your hair? I suspect it's giving me dandruff and that can't be good for hair health.
The only wheat I consume is in the form of butter croissants. When I don't eat them, I don't have any dandriuf, when I do, I start getting dandruff and itchiness.

blueorca

Can anyone chime in on how wheat consumption has affected your hair? I suspect it's giving me dandruff and that can't be good for hair health.
The only wheat I consume is in the form of butter croissants. When I don't eat them, I don't have any dandriuf, when I do, I start getting dandruff and itchiness.
They decrease mineral absorption. Similiar to the way coffee decreases iron absorption.

Ableton

Hi everyone, first post here, 29 years old,

so I did implement some of Elephantos idea and am following this routine for 1 month now.

Results: better gut, less shedding, some terminal hair seems to have grown longer, no regrowth except for maybe 1 hair in my temples popping up, but I guess it's too early to tell for regrowth. I hope for more density and have little hope for real regrowth on my hairline anyways.

Actions I implemented:
ACV rinsings, some acv orally, doing sports like before but going less hard/breathing through nose, detumescence, head stands, coco oil, sodium bicarbonate. Also using Zix (Zinc+p5p) for like 2 months topically, it seems to help with scalp health and itching so I didn't want to stop. Often eating white rice+oil, and green peas. But can't really stick to only it, since I'm feeling low energy on this...so I add more fruit.

Daily consumption of supps:
Magnesium, Taurine, Vit A, E, k, Selenized Yeast, Chromium Piccolinate, Boron, Zinc picolinate. Amounts are the ones Elephanto recommended.

Problems (Comments welcome!):

Facial Bloating (or water retention, or both, idk). Can this in any way be related to the supps or actions? I actually lost 5kg due to the dietary changes. And I probably add less salt than before to my meals. Is this the Sodium Bicarbonate (i take like 2 tbsps daily)? I drink a lot of water. I should have less bloat, not more, and I can't tell why. Especially because I quit Minoxidil like 2 months before and things should only get better (they did, before implementing all of this), not worse. I go less hard during sports now, so it might partly be that, idk.

Gut, when eating cheat meals. Does the Sodium Bicarbonate make my guts ability to digest "poor" food worse?

Facial asymmetries. This is kind of off topic I guess, but I read somewhere that trying to change your skull shape a bit might help, especially when you have the classical "egg" shape, which I do. So I started chewing a lot of gum, and im also new on Vit K. As a result, one side of my jaw seems to have grown a bit more than the other (my face overall looks wider), and a little asymmetry seems to have evolved from that (mouth and nose not perfectly aligned anymore). Realized this yesterday. I'm not too worried yet, as I think it might just be muscle tension, and am stopping the chewing, hoping everything returns to normal. Thoughts on that are welcome. I guess if things don't go back to normal, I will try to grow the other side of my jaw lol.

Questions:
When should I stop taking the supps daily? Which supps?

Can Zix+Zinc pico mess with my Zinc ratios?

Can the magnesium mess with my calcium ratios?

How important is niacinamide? Not taking that right now.

I will keep everyone updated on my progress. Thanks for putting all the effort in.

Ableton

One more thought/observation:

I can observe blood circulation to my head on my forehead. In particular I have 1 large vein that changes it's state based on metabolism. When I massage my head, do sports, drink a lot caffeine or maybe taurine, maybe even eat a lot of sugar (have to observe more closely) it pops out. When I wake up in the morning or am in a low metabolism state during the day, it basically "pops" in, in a concave state. I think this basic observation tells me how well my scalp is being nourished at the moment, and the concave state has probably a lot to do with calcification. I don't really know as much about all of this as most of you guys, but I think a visible observable goal should be: Having your veins on your forehead pop out, or, at the very least, not "pop in". I have also observed foreheads and feel like veins are more visible/popped out with people without hair loss.

GreekDemiGod

I think I'm done with wheat and bread. Started recently to experiment with adding more starch into my diet into the form of pasta & bread. Result = increased itching & dandruff.

Ableton

Bump.
Anyone got water retention in the face from elephantos regimen and could isolate the cause?

Ableton

no, but he doesnt recommend coffee, did you quit coffee? i think coffee helps with the retention, i still use it.
Thanks for your reply. I am still drinking lots of coffee. I will start using most of my supps every 2nd day now and see if that helps.
My plan:
Still daily: taurine, mag citrate, sodium bi (but less, maybe only after eating cheat meals), coco, zix
Every 2nd day:
Day 1: vit k7, 3000iu vit d, 6mg boron
Day2: vit a, vit e, selenized yeast, chromium

zinc pico like 2x week

Im on vit d during winter cause i got it tested and am low in it.

is that ok?
And is the 3000iu d to 500ug vit k ratio fine?

Jack Earth

Thanks for your reply. I am still drinking lots of coffee. I will start using most of my supps every 2nd day now and see if that helps.
My plan:
Still daily: taurine, mag citrate, sodium bi (but less, maybe only after eating cheat meals), coco, zix
Every 2nd day:
Day 1: vit k7, 3000iu vit d, 6mg boron
Day2: vit a, vit e, selenized yeast, chromium

zinc pico like 2x week

Im on vit d during winter cause i got it tested and am low in it.

is that ok?
And is the 3000iu d to 500ug vit k ratio fine?

Can you get sun through your windows in the winter instead taking supplements?