Anyone Here Stopped Their Hairloss?

Fudge! I need to stop eating black pepper and chilipeppers. and lay off the chocolate :eek: ?
Need to know what affects skin...

But good news: if we block DHT and Estradiol on the scalp we can stop it from inducing the CB1 receptors and stop hairloss.
And we can do this with topical application of:
-Licorice root
-Nettle root
-beta-sitosterols
-5 alpha reductase inhibitors
-decreasing IGF-1 to inhibit DHT

CB1 receptor antagonists - an overview | ScienceDirect Topics
Endogenous N-acyl taurines regulate skin wound healing

Last edited:
Cannabinoid Effects in Skin
TRP Channel Cannabinoid Receptors in Skin Sensation, Homeostasis, and Inflammation
cn-2014-000919_0002.jpg

Watson350

Reading his stuff more carefully, I think he simply confused what causes hair loss during the traditional Peat diet, it happened to me too (hairline regression) like 3-4 years ago. Milk in big quantity is terrible for your hair, not only for the opioids but it contains IGF-1 and like the study I posted last page, the igf1 : igfbp3 ratio is a predictor of hair loss. With growth hormone, both igf1 and igfbp3 raise proportionally, but when you ingest igf-1 you simply increase this ratio. IGFBP3 restricts excess skull growth by IGF1 which will constrict your blood at the temples first. Then also the fact that you might get diabetic with too much sugar mixed in with basically being on opioids, will also decrease your igfbp3 through pancreas/liver oxidation and insulin spikes (another igf-1 booster). Peat had a thyroid cancer, maybe he needs to overnourish just to feel okay, but in general that will participate in the hair loss process. That's why I doubt Roddy ever had some serious balding potential, his IGF-1 seemed low and his actual problem is more thyroid-related so even if he drinks a lot of milk it doesn't reach a level where your hairline recedes. And then yes, eating so much sugar will probably use up potassium. Maple flakes have a lot of potassium. But all these things he says about how the body reacts and compensates is pretty nonfactual.

Now I think he just confused one great thing about Peat's diet which is carbonated water, and thought it was part of the problem. What's really helpful about discovering Peat for hair loss sufferers is learning about omega-6, coconut oil and starch/grains/endotoxin.
Is omega 6 good for hairloss; think I recall being on a regimine of 3-1 omega 6 to omega 3

Elephanto

Is omega 6 good for hairloss; think I recall being on a regimine of 3-1 omega 6 to omega 3

I don't think so, probably the only reason why Fish Oil participated to regrowth in the bb.com guide was that it counter-acted on the damage from past O6 consumption + he kept consuming O6 from Brazil Nuts. During my regrowth I already knew of Peat's work and was very strict about almost not consuming any (neither took Fish Oil). I think it's a possibility that actual deficiency (like depleting them with a month-long completely null total fat intake) might be problematic, for instance minimal doses have been shown to protect intestinal barrier integrity, to inhibit TLR4 and maybe skin issues can be caused by deficiency. Otherwise O6 inhibits systemic respiration, in high enough doses cause intestinal permeability (Endotoxins), its prostaglandins induce estrogen synthesis + aromatase, their inflammatory, pro-cortisol + estrogenic effects participate to calcification and PUFAs inhibit P53 (while sat fats increase it) which is a tumor suppressor that triggers IGFBP-3, a major key in hair loss prevention. This is a short summary, I'm sure I'd think of many other pathways through which they increase scalp calcification with a longer review.

The only way they could be "protective" is if you want to go with the demasculinization path of hair loss prevention, where low enough levels of androgens can probably protect against baldness in most cases, since PUFAS inhibit them. Then you should also consume as many anti-androgenic substances as possible, like soy products, saw palmetto, canola oil, spearmint, green tea, beer, Finasteride, high dose Progesterone, etc.

Last edited:

BrianF

I'm curious about the soy isoflavones. Aren't they estrogenic?
Natto, like Miso, is fermented and (don't ask me why) that makes it less estrogenic. Sorry I can't be more scientific than that, but the fact its fermented counts for something.

Arrade

Natto, like Miso, is fermented and (don't ask me why) that makes it less estrogenic. Sorry I can't be more scientific than that, but the fact its fermented counts for something.
It's also the good estrogen, estrogen beta, that is preventative against breast cancer. Nattokinase is the enzyme and i think less endocrine impacting

Arrade

I don't think so, probably the only reason why Fish Oil participated to regrowth in the bb.com guide was that it counter-acted on the damage from past O6 consumption + he kept consuming O6 from Brazil Nuts. During my regrowth I already knew of Peat's work and was very strict about almost not consuming any (neither took Fish Oil). I think it's a possibility that actual deficiency (like depleting them with a month-long completely null total fat intake) might be problematic, for instance minimal doses have been shown to protect intestinal barrier integrity, to inhibit TLR4 and maybe skin issues can be caused by deficiency. Otherwise O6 inhibits systemic respiration, in high enough doses cause intestinal permeability (Endotoxins), its prostaglandins induce estrogen synthesis + aromatase, their inflammatory, pro-cortisol + estrogenic effects participate to calcification and PUFAs inhibit P53 (while sat fats increase it) which is a tumor suppressor that triggers IGFBP-3, a major key in hair loss prevention. This is a short summary, I'm sure I'd think of many other pathways through which they increase scalp calcification with a longer review.

The only way they could be "protective" is if you want to go with the demasculinization path of hair loss prevention, where low enough levels of androgens can probably protect against baldness in most cases, since PUFAS inhibit them. Then you should also consume as many anti-androgenic substances as possible, like soy products, saw palmetto, canola oil, spearmint, green tea, beer, Finasteride, high dose Progesterone, etc.
Fish Oil is really good for reducing inflammation by immunesuppression, also it helps utilize calcium with its fat soluble Vit A and Vit D. I think it would definitely speed up hair regrowth but at the sake of your immune system

Elephanto

It's also the good estrogen, estrogen beta, that is preventative against breast cancer. Nattokinase is the enzyme and i think less endocrine impacting

Estrogen-Beta also has anti-androgenic effects by inhibiting androgen receptors. Not something I try to avoid at all cost but neither do I purposefully try to maximize. For instance, green tea, hops and many phytoestrogens do that but when you want to both increase Testosterone and hair quality, I find that benefits stop at around 1-2 green teas a week.

But it's probably true that natto and the isolated enzyme aren't comparable.

Fish Oil is really good for reducing inflammation by immunesuppression, also it helps utilize calcium with its fat soluble Vit A and Vit D. I think it would definitely speed up hair regrowth but at the sake of your immune system
I believe they mainly reduce inflammation by blocking Arachidonic Acid from converting into either COX or Lipoxygenase. This is solved by minimizing O6 intake. I really don't think that a strong, healthy immune system leads to more inflammation, you also produce more Natural Killer Cells that prevent exaggerated immune responses and anti-inflammatory IL-10.

Actually fermented soy products have much more Genistein and Daidzein, the main (strongly) anti-androgenic phytoestrogens in soy. Tempeh having the highest content. Fermentation may actually have certain benefits, like reducing anti-nutrients with goitrogenic effects but not when it comes to its anti-androgenic effects.

Elephanto

Also, the phytoestrogens in Soy don't actually have a net anti-estrogenic effect, probably pro-estrogenic in fact. They also increase estrogen-alpha :
Genistein impairs early testosterone production in fetal mouse testis via estrogen receptor alpha. - PubMed - NCBI

A low concentration of genistein induces estrogen receptor-alpha and insulin-like growth factor-I receptor interactions and proliferation in uterin... - PubMed - NCBI

Genistein induces breast cancer-associated aromatase and stimulates estrogen-dependent tumor cell growth in in vitro breast cancer model. - PubMed - NCBI

This isn't true for all phytoestrogens.

There is also a genetic component to its effects, where most of the world population can't produce Equol from Soy, which has anti-proliferative effects (but still anti-androgenic), and mostly only Asians can.

Last edited:
Soy estrogens induce aromatase, is this not a bad idea to ingest for men with hairloss? Shouldnt activation of aromatase should be done with androgens instead?

Here is an idea: you make sure to ingest aromatase inhibitors, but put the aromatase inducers on the head, not the other way around. Maybe this stop yur hair loss?

Arrade

Soy estrogens induce aromatase, is this not a bad idea to ingest for men with hairloss? Shouldnt activation of aromatase should be done with androgens instead?

Here is an idea: you make sure to ingest aromatase inhibitors, but put the aromatase inducers on the head, not the other way around. Maybe this stop yur hair loss?
Estrogen beta out competes with estrogen alpha, and the beta is good for hair. It is almost similar to an AI because it reduces the binding of estrogen alpha.
I take Vit D and K that lowers estro, and take nattokinase but i doubt it really does much.
Also a lot of estrogenic things like tea tree oil penetrate the skin and get directly absorbed into the bloodstream

Estrogen beta out competes with estrogen alpha, and the beta is good for hair. It is almost similar to an AI because it reduces the binding of estrogen alpha.
I take Vit D and K that lowers estro, and take nattokinase but i doubt it really does much.
Also a lot of estrogenic things like tea tree oil penetrate the skin and get directly absorbed into the bloodstream
Im trying to make sense of yr reaction.
My interpretation: substances that have a high binding affinity to ERb compete with binding to ERa. those with affinity to ERb are good for hair and act like Aromatse Inhibitors through displacing estrogens that bind to ERa?

Hairfedup

Fudge! I need to stop eating black pepper and chilipeppers. and lay off the chocolate :eek: ?
Need to know what affects skin...

But good news: if we block DHT and Estradiol on the scalp we can stop it from inducing the CB1 receptors and stop hairloss.
And we can do this with topical application of:
-Licorice root
-Nettle root
-beta-sitosterols
-5 alpha reductase inhibitors
-decreasing IGF-1 to inhibit DHT

CB1 receptor antagonists - an overview | ScienceDirect Topics
Endogenous N-acyl taurines regulate skin wound healing

What are your thoughts on cyclosporine dude?

ddjd

i really think Vitamin k2 mk4 might be a crucial element in the fight against hair loss. its something related to calcium metabolism i think

Arrade

Im trying to make sense of yr reaction.
My interpretation: substances that have a high binding affinity to ERb compete with binding to ERa. those with affinity to ERb are good for hair and act like Aromatse Inhibitors through displacing estrogens that bind to ERa?
got it exactly right. Estrogen beta like fermented soy interrupt actions of the estrogen alpha. Mk7 and natto come from fermented soy
There is a thread on hairloss talk that beta is good for the anagen growth

Arrade

i really think Vitamin k2 mk4 might be a crucial element in the fight against hair loss. its something related to calcium metabolism i think
Joeyd I sent you links about the calcium theory in the kuinone thread
I agree with mk4, if you look here I think this si a very good protocol to combat calcification it includes mk4

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals