Any Prove Of Living Forever

biggirlkisss

I know that if nitric oxide goes too high stroke or heart attack. If you could keep nitric oxide low enough could you live forever?

No proof that death is inevitable, but the tricky part is how you persist through time and enduring without breaking down and sufficiently rejuvenating to negate aging.

Even Peat himself has said that -- given certain sets of principles, tools and applications -- you can theorize and devise methods, plans and etc. to help better effects from regenerative approaches as many know of here. It isn't really only about regenerating but stopping degenerating -- likely can't only focus on one alone with out the other.

mrchibbs

@ScurveDream

And living indefinitely would presuppose a nurturing environment, which we definitely don't have.
Sadly nothing is permanent in this world, if we can live out our days, experiencing each moment to the fullest and maintain complete autonomy and
control of our bodily functions, that's a massive win.

Plus, at some point, dying probably becomes something you crave, especially as other people in your lives go as well, and the world starts to become stranger and stranger
That being said, I think maintaining a high metabolic rate till the very end can help maintain an active interest in the world. I definitely don't want to spend the last years of my life completely 'out of it'.

Luann

I've thought about this. I think it's possible that civilizations that came before us also studied mortality, and maybe got as close or closer than anyone on this forum to understanding regeneration. But I think that watching the friends and family of your developmental years pass away would end most people's desire to keep going indefinitely.

Tarmander

If someone eats you after you die, you'll be alive forever in their cells

OP
biggirlkisss

biggirlkisss

Then i guess quality of life is our prime focus. Making our life as good as possible based on reaching goals. Our mood etc.

mrchibbs

I've thought about this. I think it's possible that civilizations that came before us also studied mortality, and maybe got as close or closer than anyone on this forum to understanding regeneration. But I think that watching the friends and family of your developmental years pass away would end most people's desire to keep going indefinitely.

This makes a big difference. What makes our life beautiful is the friends and people we grow along to, as they pass away, I wouldn't want to be around either.
Of course, you can make new friends in older age and find new meaning, but still, there is a natural cycle to life.

Then i guess quality of life is our prime focus. Making our life as good as possible based on reaching goals. Our mood etc.

As the saying goes, it's not about adding years to life but rather about adding life to the years. Ray's research is fundamentally guided by this idea, this thyroid-driven approach to life. The more intensely we produce energy, the more we're going to be able to get out of every moment.

And if we do things well, and leave the world a better place, we'll pass on energetic adaptations to future generations, who will stay young longer, with bigger brains, and larger lung capacity etc.

That's obviously not what's happening now, as generations are getting sicker and sicker, and I suspect we'll see significant drops in life expectancy (contrary to perceptions) before this reality changes.

Ras

Ray himself has said this in the past.
How can anyone think this is true since we are surrounded by proof of the opposite? Everything that lives, dies. Sin brought death into the world. Why would anyone think Ray Peat has conquered aging when eyes can see and ears can hear that he, too, is dying? Ray can't even speak more than two or three words before pausing, stuttering, saying "um," then continuing.

rei

How can anyone think this is true since we are surrounded by proof of the opposite? Everything that lives, dies. Sin brought death into the world. Why would anyone think Ray Peat has conquered aging when eyes can see and ears can hear that he, too, is dying? Ray can't even speak more than two or three words before pausing, stuttering, saying "um," then continuing.
The animals that can live forever

boris

Ray can't even speak more than two or three words before pausing, stuttering, saying "um," then continuing.

Pretty pathetic to use this argument on a person that has achieved so much with his health against so many odds.

Ras

Pretty pathetic to use this argument on a person that has achieved so much with his health against so many odds.
Prove that what I said is untrue. Regardless of what you think he has achieved, or how pathetic you think it is to say something that's true, he is an old man that is decaying and dying. Last year, I met and talked with a 92 year old man whose speech, skin, and hair were superior to Ray's. How will the foundations of your faith be shaken when you one day log on to this website and read the headline, "Ray Peat has died"?

Kvothe

@Ras Are you having a bad day? Maybe you should look for a different place to release your anger and frustration.

mrchibbs

@Ras Are you having a bad day? Maybe you should look for a different place to release your anger and frustration.

+1

We can all have bad days, I've been guilty of being a bit harsh on this forum at times.

Last edited:

mrchibbs

Humans are not animals.

Yes...humans are animals. And death wasn't brought upon us because of ''sin''.

It's difficult to have a discussion when we diverge on such fundamental principles.

Ray is helping countless people reclaim their health. And he was ''stuttering'' in the 1990s. (Gary Null Interview)
Virtually no change in his voice. And intellectually he remains as sharp if not more than he was 25 years ago.
I've met 30 y.olds with worse skin and hair than Ray. We can all play the game of anecdotes.

mangoes

Yes...humans are animals.
+1
that’s the second time this week I’ve read someone on here saying humans aren’t animals
Why would anyone think Ray Peat has conquered aging when eyes can see and ears can hear that he, too, is dying?
I don’t think he’s ever claimed to have conquered it. He said before that under perfect conditions, ie in a lab, human cells can live indefinitely, so living forever is theoretically possible

mrchibbs

I don’t think he’s ever claimed to have conquered it. He said before that under perfect conditions, ie in a lab, human cells can live indefinitely, so living forever is theoretically possible

Exactly! But the environment is far from perfect, so yeah, in practice we can't live forever, in theory, we could.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals