Any Guys Here Suffering With A Thin Neck?

YourUniverse

Cheese, coconut oil, rice, butter, 1% and skim milk, carrots, vinegar, coffee, sucrose, orange juice, maybe some bananas [edit: bread, eggs, and ofc salt - forgetting some things]. This was during an experiment where I ate whatever I wanted, but recorded everything precisely - coming from a calorie restriction background, and one devoid of dairy at that, I was curious what my metabolism was truly capable of. Now, I dont eat like this currently, nor do i record my intake anymore - its no way to live, although I have a good eyeball gauge of things, and when I eat below 4000 calories, I tend to "binge" at least a few days later in one form or another. My body wants the calories and it will get them!
I should note, I am 6'0, ~250 - not lean, but with significant muscle with a weight lifting/bodybuilding (and subsequent dieting and calorie restriction) background, which may explain the high calories. Im on the board trying to figure things out, like the rest of us! The goal is keep or achieve a high metabolism, and drop the excess fat - likely will not include calorie restriction

mangoes

People have refuted this when I have made the statement here that Progest-e at 1x drop daily made my arms and legs, as well as my neck, thin. (I gained weight at my stomach - however, I will submit that taking it made me feel mentally better than I ever have in my life.) Prior to that I was becoming fairly fit with Preg powder and the same diet and workout routine as maintained afterward with Progesterone. (I.e. There was no caloric or exercise change.) IME these things have a cumulative effect and I am still rebounding from Prog physically. I even think that my head shape changed.

If you mean me in the prog thread, I wasn't refuting you I was just curious what effects you were referring to. I'm interested in trying progesterone and that's why I asked.

Were you able to shed the progesterone induced weight gain? How do you think your head shape changed? Flatter? Wider? Was it anything to do with the back of the head or "occipital bun," I think it's called?

I'm interested in potential morphological changes as a result of hormones

:D

Last edited:

Caravaggio

Could be low androgens from hypopituitarism, to rule this out we'd need your testosterone, DHT, progesterone, estradiol, DHEA, cortisol, ACTH, TSH, HGH, prolactin, T3, T4, LH, FSH values.

Or your phenotype doesn't match your genotype (46, XX male syndrome, 47, XXY Klinefelter Syndrome etc.)

A.R

I should note, I am 6'0, ~250 - not lean, but with significant muscle with a weight lifting/bodybuilding (and subsequent dieting and calorie restriction) background, which may explain the high calories. Im on the board trying to figure things out, like the rest of us! The goal is keep or achieve a high metabolism, and drop the excess fat - likely will not include calorie restriction
How many meals do you eat a day, and do you do a lot of snacking? Thank You

Madato

Could be low androgens from hypopituitarism, to rule this out we'd need your testosterone, DHT, progesterone, estradiol, DHEA, cortisol, ACTH, TSH, HGH, prolactin, T3, T4, LH, FSH values.

Or your phenotype doesn't match your genotype (46, XX male syndrome, 47, XXY Klinefelter Syndrome etc.)

This

Wolf

Neck bridging make the neck wide and strong as all hell

D

Deleted member 5487

Towel and plate curl on a bench.
Neck harness for extensions.(15$).

Progressive overload.

Neck will be massive in a month.

Teres

Neck bridging make the neck wide and strong as all hell
This is the one and only truth and there's no second. I've always been with a thick neck and I owe it, I'm certain, to the freestyle wrestling practice in my early childhood to the late teens. During practice, for years, every day my scalp has been in contact with the mat for a long time, the neck bearing the entire weight of the upper body and sometimes the whole one, while switching positions and executing techniques. For hours. Every day. For yearts. The sport has always been not just a sport but a culture in religious dimensions in my country and from my generation, in my town, there was no boy with a thin neck. Years after cessation of daily wrestling practice, I believe the results are possibly irreversible.

Towel and plate curl on a bench.
Neck harness for extensions.(15$).

Progressive overload.

Neck will be massive in a month.
I doubt.

What is prevalent in Danny Roddy’s physique?

He looks like the ultimate definition of a soy boy

LOL

I guess Ray Peat should be added to that as well - but he's like 80.

I wish Haidut would share what he looks like (no homo) but just to see if all his anti-aging supps have been worthwhile or not.

Motif

It was a piece of haidut wisdom from another thread, but for the life of me I havent been able to find it. It was regarding liver cleaning and whatnot. You CAN combine them, but youre just increasing the likelihood and/or severity of ammonia production, especially with a sluggish liver or hypothyroid

Hey man! You and @theLaw talked about some interesting stuff in here.

Could you give me some advices how to improve my liver health with histamine issues? Coffee is out for me because of that.

I start thinking that maybe my liver causes all my symptoms ( weak digestion , specially fat I think, histamine issues which lead to dandruff / eczema / hair loss , bad concentration etc)

Also blood tests show low zinc / copper / Ceruloplasmin even when i supplement

YourUniverse

Could you give me some advices how to improve my liver health with histamine issues? Coffee is out for me because of that.

I start thinking that maybe my liver causes all my symptoms ( weak digestion , specially fat I think, histamine issues which lead to dandruff / eczema / hair loss , bad concentration etc)

Also blood tests show low zinc / copper / Ceruloplasmin even when i supplement
Hey! A lot has changed since I wrote the post you quoted.

I feel my liver is healthy when I can go a long time without needing to eat, and that tends to happen after the stress-like effects of initial caffeine have worn off (or Ive neutralized that stress with orange juice or etc) and after drinking kale broth, probably vitamin K content. If coffee doesnt work, how about caffeine pills? If its caffeine in general, how about trying some broth? Or any easily-digested vitamin K source.

Anything that increases metabolic rate should improve digestion. I feel weird about this, and I dont take it, but nicotine is similar to caffeine, and specifically aids in digestion --> please dont take this as a recommendation, but it IS something Ive uncovered.

Lots of members report potato protein and gelatin as digestive cure-alls. You make potato protein by juicing potatoes, and then cooking the juice on a pan like an egg. I just eat whole, boiled, peeled potatoes once in a while, especially after exercise.

Motif

Hey! A lot has changed since I wrote the post you quoted.

I feel my liver is healthy when I can go a long time without needing to eat, and that tends to happen after the stress-like effects of initial caffeine have worn off (or Ive neutralized that stress with orange juice or etc) and after drinking kale broth, probably vitamin K content. If coffee doesnt work, how about caffeine pills? If its caffeine in general, how about trying some broth? Or any easily-digested vitamin K source.

Anything that increases metabolic rate should improve digestion. I feel weird about this, and I dont take it, but nicotine is similar to caffeine, and specifically aids in digestion --> please dont take this as a recommendation, but it IS something Ive uncovered.

Lots of members report potato protein and gelatin as digestive cure-alls. You make potato protein by juicing potatoes, and then cooking the juice on a pan like an egg. I just eat whole, boiled, peeled potatoes once in a while, especially after exercise.

Interesting, thanks.
I will try some juices and caffeine pills.

+ i will stop Smoking and drinking to 100%.
That's probably the most important part.

You think heat could be also beneficial for the liver? Like putting a hot bottle on the liver?

theLaw

Caffeine pills are another option.

Personally, I found that I needed to get out of a "starving" state of stress-spikes before I could increase caffeine. Salt, Vitamin D, Calcium (eggshell/milk), and magnesium also helped.

Also, gut bacteria can always rear it's ugly head and present some false-negatives with different foods, so AC or antibiotics might help.

Loaded OJ is a quick way to get sugar while reducing the histamine response. I just pour about 5Tbsp ( or more) of sugar in enough water to cover (1 ounce) + microwave for 1 min + add to 1 cup OJ. Cheers!:D

Motif

Caffeine pills are another option.

Personally, I found that I needed to get out of a "starving" state of stress-spikes before I could increase caffeine. Salt, Vitamin D, Calcium (eggshell/milk), and magnesium also helped.

Also, gut bacteria can always rear it's ugly head and present some false-negatives with different foods, so AC or antibiotics might help.

Loaded OJ is a quick way to get sugar while reducing the histamine response. I just pour about 5Tbsp ( or more) of sugar in enough water to cover (1 ounce) + microwave for 1 min + add to 1 cup OJ. Cheers!:D

This will make the OJ less a problem with histamine issues? OJ always gives me symptoms.

Oh and Coffee always made me feeling fidget as f***.
Maybe caffeine pills would be worth a try.

Gut bacteria might be a problem too

theLaw

This will make the OJ less a problem with histamine issues? OJ always gives me symptoms.

White sugar shouldn't cause a response. All that you're doing is changing the ratio of OJ to white sugar, so it should reduce it.

Runenight201

Oh and Coffee always made me feeling fidget as f***.
Maybe caffeine pills would be worth a try.

Gut bacteria might be a problem too

Def give caffeine pills a try. I keep having hit or miss responses to coffee, and I’m sure it has something to do with the quality of the bean, the water, roasting method, etc...

I can’t bother with it all, so today I poured ~100mg caffeine in a lil bit of water and drank it on a relatively empty stomach and just feel good. Nothing crazy like insane dopamine drop or energy, but just a little better.

Going to try and repeat this experiment with 200mg right when I get up. I have trouble getting up in the morning and motivating myself to make breakfast, frequently laying in bed and falling asleep and waking up repetitively until I finally feel good enough to go make food.

Spondive

I have a thin neck from radiation treatments for Hodgkin lymphoma over 30 years ago.. muscle atrophy occurred right after... any advice on this or the same as above? Loss of fat cells too

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals