Any Guys Here Suffering With A Thin Neck?

OP
T
People have refuted this when I have made the statement here that Progest-e at 1x drop daily made my arms and legs, as well as my neck, thin. (I gained weight at my stomach - however, I will submit that taking it made me feel mentally better than I ever have in my life.) Prior to that I was becoming fairly fit with Preg powder and the same diet and workout routine as maintained afterward with Progesterone. (I.e. There was no caloric or exercise change.) IME these things have a cumulative effect and I am still rebounding from Prog physically. I even think that my head shape changed.

That’s interesting, thanks.

I assume your focus is now increasing androgens? Have you seen any progress, and if so, what do you attribute it to?

Arnold Grape

That’s interesting, thanks.

I assume your focus is now increasing androgens? Have you seen any progress, and if so, what do you attribute it to?
Mm - I think the Pansterone does, actually, convert some to Prog, but I'm eating more now, reintroduced starch - trying not to get too much into super stress lowering things or aggressive amino acids. It's all a big learning experience. My basic thing now is dosing a lot of Vitamin C in water; b vitamins, some k; occasionally I take zinc. More calories and good sleep and coffee. Heavy weights two-three times a week.

Prosper

I was just using meat and potatoes as an example of an easy way to increase calories.

You would definitely want to keep liver, eggs, oysters, and carrot salad in the diet for basic nutrients.:thumbsup:

From RP:

10 ounces = 22.68Tbsp = 1097 calories:fire::fire::fire:
Ah, I see. I have to finally give this a try. I've been shying away from pure white sugar, but at the same time it has been hard to get as many calories in as I would like to.

Stud

Thanks man. What do you mean by looking down your brow? My posture has always been off, head jutting forward. I’ve recently tried correcting it with exercises and I now realise how my musculature has developed this way. There’s a long road ahead to correct my neck posture.
tilt your head a bit downwards and look up

Sobieski

I’ve always had a very thin neck. No matter how much weight I put on, fat or muscle, it’s always looked underdeveloped. It kinda ruins my physique overall, and makes me look weird in certain clothes.

Does anyone happen to know anything about hormones and neck development? Can it be a sign of low androgens? Is it posture related?

Do you do any direct, high volume neck exercises? You can easily add an extra inch or two in a few months. Contrary to popular belief, the muscles of the neck themselves don't tend to grow unless directly stimulated, or, as you say, under the influence of (usually) external androgens. When people say shrugs/deadlifts for neck, it just grows the traps which gives the slight illusion of a bigger neck; if you want to grow your neck target the area directly and diligently.

The neck, I believe, plays a huge role in male aesthetics. Adding an extra 3/4 of an inch has made a difference for me.

OP
T
Do you do any direct, high volume neck exercises? You can easily add an extra inch or two in a few months. Contrary to popular belief, the muscles of the neck themselves don't tend to grow unless directly stimulated, or, as you say, under the influence of (usually) external androgens. When people say shrugs/deadlifts for neck, it just grows the traps which gives the slight illusion of a bigger neck; if you want to grow your neck target the area directly and diligently.

The neck, I believe, plays a huge role in male aesthetics. Adding an extra 3/4 of an inch has made a difference for me.

Thanks @Sobieski . Can you point me towards any exercises you think are beneficial? I too have heard people recommend shrugs or similar but i can tell they’re not working the right muscles.

Sobieski

Thanks @Sobieski . Can you point me towards any exercises you think are beneficial? I too have heard people recommend shrugs or similar but i can tell they’re not working the right muscles.

Ideally you want to target the neck directly from three planes; front, back and side to side. Some may also include rotation but I think those three planes are enough, as has been the case for me.

Lying on the floor and using simple light manual resistance is enough - plenty of exercises out there to choose from and I switch it up myself. The main thing is frequency and volume- the neck is a very delicate area so you do not want to push resistance too much as it can have dire consequences. I would advise you to avoid wrestler's bridges it has been known to cause long term damage to the neck and spine. Volume and reps is the way to go. Stick with it and you will see the benefits over time.

Direct trap work (shrugs, strict presses) can help as the muscles offer a good 'base' for the neck, aesthetically speaking.

kreeese

I put significant size on my neck by training it...as well as my forarms..I was always pretty tall 6 foot 2 maybe taller and always had a skinny neck you have to train it heavy and hard at first high reps 20 to 50 reps Neck curls neck extensions...Really helps . the neck is also connected to the traps so work that as well. I have been neck training for more then a year and it has made a great difference. Check out Mike the machine on you tube and lots more. You just have to train it!! trust me!!!

kreeese

I was just using meat and potatoes as an example of an easy way to increase calories.

You would definitely want to keep liver, eggs, oysters, and carrot salad in the diet for basic nutrients.:thumbsup:

From RP:

10 ounces = 22.68Tbsp = 1097 calories:fire::fire::fire:
haha absolutely shugah shugah shugahhh my secret weapon..haha along with my high fat diet!!!

cyclops

What is considered a "thin" neck? Is it like a certain measurement around in inches?

D

Deleted member 5487

I’ve always had a very thin neck. No matter how much weight I put on, fat or muscle, it’s always looked underdeveloped. It kinda ruins my physique overall, and makes me look weird in certain clothes.

Does anyone happen to know anything about hormones and neck development? Can it be a sign of low androgens? Is it posture related?

Do You do neck curls/extensions?

You can buy a neck belt that holds weight and you increase the load over time. Should be training neck 3-4x a week.

Hands down the most important muscle. It "frames" the face is signifies general body frame/muscle mass. It has alot to do with genetics though since the neck can only grow so large. It also has a ton of androgen receptors like the traps and shoulder.

The Neck is one of the most important muscles a person can workout for aesthetics, forget the chest and arms for a second.

Shoulders/Neck/Traps have the most dimorphic/intimidation factor.

fe2ef5f57bbc10d0cd41d69c640ce516.jpg
]
yXokpaj.jpg

To build a large neck it must be trained every other day, you need to up your calories but at the same time begin doing 5x 35 yard sprints 3x a week to Tank Cortisol, Increase metabolic rate/Test which will increase addrogens.

D

Deleted member 5487

Agree with aesthetics part, it frames the face and is the most important factor behind shoulder to hip ratio(excluding face). Neck is seen in all clothes from a suit to jacket to shirtless its how women subconciouesly judge generaly muscle body mass and frame.

The Neck However is 65% fast Twitch
Which means it responds better to Low rep High weight excersises, but do to danger of such things higher volume work is probably safer/nbetter

Madato

This happened to me when I dosed Progesterone (male) and didn't get enough calories. (I think.) It went away when I made a conscious effort to boost androgens. (Pansterone; Zinc; k2 occasionally, eating more.) If you look at dudes like Roddy or some of the other people who do a lot of 5ar stuff, I think you can see this effect is prevalent.

What is prevalent in Danny Roddy’s physique?

He looks like the ultimate definition of a soy boy

Sobieski

I'm so glad that attention is being paid to the neck from an aesthetics point of view. Hands down most important muscles for a man.

Ideonaut

I recommend wrestling bridges while holding a heavy barbell. My brother used to do it with 22o lbs.--something you could think in terms of building up to if your neck is skinny. As a habit I've always done neck exercises before entering the shower.

A.R

Regarding calorie intake: I posted about a similar problem a few months ago, and I didnt believe theLaw when he told me to increase calorie intake. I thought certainly I would gain weight. I DID gain weight at the beginning, but that was before I figured things out, peat-style, for my context. I maintain my weight at just shy of 5000 calories, being basically sedentary. I would recommend figuring out your metabolic problems (which is why we're all here anyway :p) and not being afraid of calories, at least until you do.

Keys like avoiding pufa, calcium:phosphous ratio, salting and sugaring to taste, saturated fat with starches (but otherwise lowish fat), and in my situation (and probably yours too), focusing keenly on liver health, which include caffeine + k2 + taurine + ~120g protein, and you should be fine. High protein is good for the liver, and caffeine is good for the liver, but you do NOT want to mix high caffeine with high protein, or ammonia will rise.

Could you please list all the foods/meals you eat on most days to get upto 5000calories

cyclops

Never heard that you should not mix caffeine and "high" protein before. I think many of us here consume caffeine with a meal which usually contains protein. Is there a certain amount of caffeine and/or protein that is just too much?

YourUniverse

Could you please list all the foods/meals you eat on most days to get upto 5000calories
Cheese, coconut oil, rice, butter, 1% and skim milk, carrots, vinegar, coffee, sucrose, orange juice, maybe some bananas [edit: bread, eggs, and ofc salt - forgetting some things]. This was during an experiment where I ate whatever I wanted, but recorded everything precisely - coming from a calorie restriction background, and one devoid of dairy at that, I was curious what my metabolism was truly capable of. Now, I dont eat like this currently, nor do i record my intake anymore - its no way to live, although I have a good eyeball gauge of things, and when I eat below 4000 calories, I tend to "binge" at least a few days later in one form or another. My body wants the calories and it will get them!

Last edited:

YourUniverse

Never heard that you should not mix caffeine and "high" protein before. I think many of us here consume caffeine with a meal which usually contains protein. Is there a certain amount of caffeine and/or protein that is just too much?
It was a piece of haidut wisdom from another thread, but for the life of me I havent been able to find it. It was regarding liver cleaning and whatnot. You CAN combine them, but youre just increasing the likelihood and/or severity of ammonia production, especially with a sluggish liver or hypothyroid