Antihistamine Effect Of Vitamin C

BrianF

Ive defeated hay fever last few summers with high dose vitamin c. Works fantastic.

Dave Clark

Years ago I had a sinus infection I couldn't kick. My alternative doctor at that time informed me that vitamin C brought down histamine, he said to take it in megadoses up to bowel tolerance. I did, and it surprised me that it was the only thing that calmed down the issue. The vitamin C I used was Life Extensions Buffered C (important not to take straight ascorbic acid) in a powder form, 4 grams of vitamin C per teaspoon.

BrianF

I take a Holland & Barrett own brand vitamin c with rosehip. 1000mg. I too consume up to bowel tolerance then lay off for a day or two then use a maintenance dose of two tablets split.over a day.

I have been informed lately that actually a 500mg dose is all the body can absorb every 3 hours but i bought a huge jar of 500 so i still have them. Maybe next year ill buy 500mgs and save a few pounds.

BrianF

Forgot to say my mega dose.can be 6 - 10 a day for maybe 3-7 days then its like Mount Vesuvius and im not moving from the bathroom for a few hours.

LUH 3417

I take a Holland & Barrett own brand vitamin c with rosehip. 1000mg. I too consume up to bowel tolerance then lay off for a day or two then use a maintenance dose of two tablets split.over a day.

I have been informed lately that actually a 500mg dose is all the body can absorb every 3 hours but i bought a huge jar of 500 so i still have them. Maybe next year ill buy 500mgs and save a few pounds.
I'm trying to avoid mag stearate and other fillers :/

BrianF

I understand. Might buy a powder when this batch runs out to avoid the fillers too.

Lurker

Another option is QualiC produced in Europe. This is packaged and marketed by many common brands like Doctors Best, etc. I have found I can take unlimited quantities without the angry bowel effects that I would get with generic ascorbic acid. Like heaping spoonfuls of 10+ grams at once. YMMV so take it slow.

Then again if you're going to megadose, I would look into DIY lipisomal to approach the effectiveness of IV without a Dr visit.

LUH 3417

Another option is QualiC produced in Europe. This is packaged and marketed by many common brands like Doctors Best, etc. I have found I can take unlimited quantities without the angry bowel effects that I would get with generic ascorbic acid. Like heaping spoonfuls of 10+ grams at once. YMMV so take it slow.

Then again if you're going to megadose, I would look into DIY lipisomal to approach the effectiveness of IV without a Dr visit.
Hmmm. I tried and returned the Life extension one because it made my guts twist. What do you mean by DIY liposomal?

Frankdee20

Hmmm. I tried and returned the Life extension one because it made my guts twist. What do you mean by DIY liposomal?

Wait, so you opted for the Ascorbic Acid, as opposed to a mineral ascorbate ? The latter isn’t tough on the gut.

Frankdee20

There’s a lot of vitamin C options out there. I wonder how good the food derived versions are. They provide like 250 mg per serving, and retain flavonoid constitutes of fruit. Or is isolated synthetic Ascorbic Acid okay. Then there’s buffered versions with and without flavonoids.

LUH 3417

Wait, so you opted for the Ascorbic Acid, as opposed to a mineral ascorbate ? The latter isn’t tough on the gut.
Yea it was recommended here so I gave it a shot but it was a bad experience and I sent it back to amazon.

Frankdee20

Yea it was recommended here so I gave it a shot but it was a bad experience and I sent it back to amazon.

The powders generally contain no excipients. I don’t like using them though because half a teaspoon is like 2 kilos of vitamin C. I honestly believe it should be dosed as minimal as possible, per serving. So it’s tough to measure out like 200mg.

tankasnowgod

Best food form of vitamin C? Kiwis and Oranges?
Hard to find supps that aren't ascorbic acid...

First off, it's not hard to find supps that aren't ascorbic acid. Calcium and Sodium Ascorbate or easily obtained, as are plenty of so called "whole food" vitamin C.

But the bigger question is, why would you need to? The studies posted in this thread both used ascorbic acid, and many of the all of the other studies and doctors that have had amazing success used plain old ascorbic acid, or one of the ascorbate forms if using it IV.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals