OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Is it possible to release the enzyme 5AR as its own research chemical?
Why is it that there is no way to get this enzyme as an exogenous product?

I am looking into it but it is not a priority right now. I have a few other products to release that are more or less ready. Still not convinced actual 5-AR enzyme supplementation is needed as it is either Allo or DHT that are the mediators of positive effects and those can be increased with either 5a-DHP or androsterone/DHEA supplement.

Wagner83

I am looking into it but it is not a priority right now. I have a few other products to release that are more or less ready. Still not convinced actual 5-AR enzyme supplementation is needed as it is either Allo or DHT that are the mediators of positive effects and those can be increased with either 5a-DHP or androsterone/DHEA supplement.
Do we have any idea how to go on about supplementing 5ar enzymes ?Quantity? What happens if ingested orally ? Topically? etc..

IhateFin

Thank you for the insight.
I'm sure 5ar enzyme would be an instant hit amongst me n the rest of propeciahelp forum. I have tried the stated combos with little to no effect. Maybe my dosing is wrong but I'll keep trying.

JDD

Any reason to avoid alcohol consumption while taking androsterone?

IhateFin

Any reason to avoid alcohol consumption while taking androsterone?

I would assume since androsterone tickles the gaba receptors and so does alcohol it may have an effect in higher doses of andro.

JDD

I would assume since androsterone tickles the gaba receptors and so does alcohol it may have an effect in higher doses of andro.
That's right, sounds like it could make for a potent batch of riot punch

Jsaute21

Want to preface by saying Androsterone is probably my favorite supplement. I take probably 15-20 drops most weeks due to its noticeable effects on cortisol lowering & maximizing facial structure. However, last night i took 4 drops with some cascara with a big dinner and for some reason it illicited some form of a stress response. I couldn't sleep and was strangely wired. I usually sleep like a baby at night, especially with the aid of an androsterone or a K2, etc. Any thoughts or similar experiences? It could be unrelated but i was dumbfounded.

JDD

Want to preface by saying Androsterone is probably my favorite supplement. I take probably 15-20 drops most weeks due to its noticeable effects on cortisol lowering & maximizing facial structure. However, last night i took 4 drops with some cascara with a big dinner and for some reason it illicited some form of a stress response. I couldn't sleep and was strangely wired. I usually sleep like a baby at night, especially with the aid of an androsterone or a K2, etc. Any thoughts or similar experiences? It could be unrelated but i was dumbfounded.

Is there much caffeine in cascara? I find that caffeine + androsterone gives me A LOT of energy and would definitely prevent me from falling asleep if I took that combo close to bed time.

marsaday

I need some info as not been feeling so good recently. What are the chances andro will improve thyroid absorption? I am a thyroid patient and take T4. Initially i found andro added something to my quality of health. More recently i have been feeling much more tired and i am a little lost as to why. I am going to try increase my T4 to see if this improves things.

There is a possibility that the andro has caused more T4 to be used up and so has left me in a lower thyroid state after about 4 weeks of usage. I have been doing 2 drops per night.

Thought i would ask if this could be a possibility because all these hormones are aimed at improving metabolic rate and so someone who has a sluggish thyroid is going to be at a disadvantage if boosting metabolism, but not looking at tweaking the thyroid as well.

Jsaute21

Is there much caffeine in cascara? I find that caffeine + androsterone gives me A LOT of energy and would definitely prevent me from falling asleep if I took that combo close to bed time.

Good question. I don't know to be honest but the combo (andro & cascara) usually gives me no problems what so ever. It made little sense because i have had much unhealthier days than yesterday where i sleep like a baby. I was moving heavy stuff all weekend both for myself & a friend so i think maybe stress hormones could have been at play.

IhateFin

Good question. I don't know to be honest but the combo (andro & cascara) usually gives me no problems what so ever. It made little sense because i have had much unhealthier days than yesterday where i sleep like a baby. I was moving heavy stuff all weekend both for myself & a friend so i think maybe stress hormones could have been at play.

Maybe you dropped cortisol too low with your dinner and in order to regulate your blood sugar your body spiked it up a bit? Maybe spiked it by inducing adrenaline secretion?

Jsaute21

Maybe you dropped cortisol too low with your dinner and in order to regulate your blood sugar your body spiked it up a bit? Maybe spiked it by inducing adrenaline secretion?
Good theory - Very possible. We all have different reactions to stress & mine for whatever reason is some OCD and paranoia. That combined with shitty sleep was not a fun combo. Have not run into it since finding Peat really though ( almost a year ago) which shows you the promise behind these concepts.

Diokine

Androsterone and other steroid hormones reduce the production of and at the same time inhibit the uptake of catecholamines. If it was a stressful day the setpoint could have been set a little higher and reducing uptake could essentially act as a sympathomimetic (increased sympathetic activity.)

IhateFin

I need some info as not been feeling so good recently. What are the chances andro will improve thyroid absorption? I am a thyroid patient and take T4. Initially i found andro added something to my quality of health. More recently i have been feeling much more tired and i am a little lost as to why. I am going to try increase my T4 to see if this improves things.

There is a possibility that the andro has caused more T4 to be used up and so has left me in a lower thyroid state after about 4 weeks of usage. I have been doing 2 drops per night.

Thought i would ask if this could be a possibility because all these hormones are aimed at improving metabolic rate and so someone who has a sluggish thyroid is going to be at a disadvantage if boosting metabolism, but not looking at tweaking the thyroid as well.

Andro acts as a thyroid mimic so it would improve it I would assume.

marsaday

Ok, so it improves thyroid uptake then. Great. But this means in someone who is reliant on taking thyroid hormones, the level of hormone in the body will drop and the person will become unwell.

In a regular person, thyroid production will ramp up automatically.

I am thinking this may have happened in my case and i will need to see if more T4 works out ok. It would be good to get Haiduts response to this because this scenario is going to be quite common in many people using metabolic enhancing supplements. The reason why they are using supplements in the first place is because they have issues with the metabolism and probably the thyroid.

Wagner83

Ok, so it improves thyroid uptake then. Great. But this means in someone who is reliant on taking thyroid hormones, the level of hormone in the body will drop and the person will become unwell.

In a regular person, thyroid production will ramp up automatically.

I am thinking this may have happened in my case and i will need to see if more T4 works out ok. It would be good to get Haiduts response to this because this scenario is going to be quite common in many people using metabolic enhancing supplements. The reason why they are using supplements in the first place is because they have issues with the metabolism and probably the thyroid.
What about you take a week off from it and see how you do? Ray and haidut all said that most supplements should be cycled, androsterone is powerful stuff.

marsaday

Well in this case i would need to see what more thyroid does first. That way i can see if metabolism is going up because if i feel better on more T4 then it shows the metabolism is working better. This will be down to the Andro and maybe Vitamin D usage. Already i feel better after going up a little on the T4. I had actually dropped the T4 by 25mcg thinking i was now on too much. IT is a waiting game with thyroid though. Initially you can feel good on an increase but you want it to be maintained for the next 6 weeks to conclude all is ok.

Balancing the thyroid with other supplements is a complex thing. IF you don't have a thyroid issue then life is easier to balance up the supplements.

Wagner83

Has anyone noticed a fragrance with women made with some androsterone?
I have smelt it on two different women, it makes sense since a lot of them should enjoy it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals