Allergy To HealthNatura Pregnenolone

DaveFoster

Dr. Peat has spoken about the allergenicity of pregnenolone products currently on the market, and after taking 500 mg pregnenolone orally with ice cream, I had a mild allergic reaction with some sinus congestion.

It's likely that using a solvent that potentiates the effects of a steroid, such as DMSO would lower the effective dose and thus lower the level of allergenicity with a reduction in the offensive material.

There's also the possibility of this being a catatoxic reaction, as pregnenolone clears detoxification pathways in the liver, but I've been taking it for a couple weeks daily with no such reaction.

Has anyone tried Idea Labs DC's StressNon after experiencing allergies with Health Natura's product?

Last edited:

docall18

Also, get wheezing from Healthnatura pregnenolone. Sometimes use a cheap ebay preg and it works fine.

Dhair

Dr. Peat has spoken about the allergenicity of pregnenolone products currently on the market, and after taking 500 mg pregnenolone orally with ice cream, I had a mild allergic reaction with some sinus congestion.

It's likely that using a solvent that potentiates the effects of a steroid, such as DMSO would lower the effective dose and thus lower the level of allergenicity with a reduction in the offensive material.

There's also the possibility of this being a catatoxic reaction, as pregnenolone clears detoxification pathways in the liver, but I've been taking it for a couple weeks daily with no such reaction.

Has anyone tried Idea Labs DC's StressNon after experiencing allergies with Health Natura's product?
I tried up to 500mg Healthnatura pregnenolone with no effects whatsoever, but I've been told this is due to first pass in the liver. Stressnon is a good product, but significantly more expensive. Pregnenolone is hit or miss for me. Sometimes it is a potent antidepressant, and other times it gives me some very troubling mental symptoms. Hopefully in the coming years we can find a company that produces pregnenolone that is approved by Dr. Peat himself. I'm skeptical of every preg product out there.

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

I tried up to 500mg Healthnatura pregnenolone with no effects whatsoever, but I've been told this is due to first pass in the liver. Stressnon is a good product, but significantly more expensive. Pregnenolone is hit or miss for me. Sometimes it is a potent antidepressant, and other times it gives me some very troubling mental symptoms. Hopefully in the coming years we can find a company that produces pregnenolone that is approved by Dr. Peat himself. I'm skeptical of every preg product out there.
I'm skeptical of vendors as well.

StressNon has 30 servings @ 200 mg/serving so 6 grams of pregnenolone for $20 or $3.33 per gram.

Health Natura's 100 g pregnenolone powder costs $137 or $1.37 per gram.

Dhair

I'm skeptical of vendors as well.

StressNon has 30 servings @ 200 mg/serving so 6 grams of pregnenolone for $20 or $3.33 per gram.

Health Natura's 100 g pregnenolone powder costs $137 or $1.37 per gram.
You're assuming 10× potentiation with SFA esters, which I don't think is a claim that even haidut makes.

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

Also, get wheezing from Healthnatura pregnenolone. Sometimes use a cheap ebay preg and it works fine.
Thanks for sharing. My congestion might actually be from some pregnenolone powder getting up into the sinus cavity, but it's good to have some other input.

You're assuming 10× potentiation with SFA esters, which I don't think is a claim that even haidut makes.
@haidut

Do you think it's closer to 5x potentiation in StressNon?

Dave Clark

I was using both IdeaLabs and Health Natura pregnenolone. Had a routine blood test, and for some reason the doc threw in a preg test (blood) along with the DHEA. He mentioned that the levels were low, I said that was weird since I was taking about 50 mg/day of preg. I noticed in other posts that people were not showing good levels similar to mine. Is it because it is a blood test and blood levels don't show, would the levels show better on saliva tests, or is it that we are just not getting our levels up with these supplements? Wondering if low dose progesterone wouldn't be a better option?

But Dr. Peat has also spoken about the dangers of DMSO :cool

T

tca300

I've never noticed any negatives from healthnatura pregnenolone. Its practictally the only thing that reliably stops my heart palpitations. Maybe your ice cream is to blame.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Thanks for sharing. My congestion might actually be from some pregnenolone powder getting up into the sinus cavity, but it's good to have some other input.

@haidut

Do you think it's closer to 5x potentiation in StressNon?

I think there is definitely potentiation in absorption effectiveness compared to something like pure ethanol or even tocopherol/oil used as solvent. Don't know if it is 10x though. I have tried topical pregnenolone in tocopherol/oil and in my experience the SFA/ethanol version is 2-3 times stronger in terms of effects.

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

I think there is definitely potentiation in absorption effectiveness compared to something like pure ethanol or even tocopherol/oil used as solvent. Don't know if it is 10x though. I have tried topical pregnenolone in tocopherol/oil and in my experience the SFA/ethanol version is 2-3 times stronger in terms of effects.
Great! Thank you.

@tca300
I don't think my reaction had to do with the pregnenolone; I think it was just a very unlikely coincidence.

@cyclops
Dr. Peat doesn't take pregnenolone, as he's searching for a pure product. I believe he takes DHEA, progesterone, caffeine, and testosterone with occasional aspirin, vitamin E, and tetracycline-derived antibiotics.

cyclops

So it looks like Stressnon is the best bet for pregnenolone then.

It be nice if Peat could give that a try and review.

haidut

Forum Supporter
So it looks like Stressnon is the best bet for pregnenolone then.

It be nice if Peat could give that a try and review.

I can send him a few bottles but I don't think he likes endorsing or commenting on products in general. The only one I have seen him comment on directly is the phage probiotics from LEF.

I can send him a few bottles but I don't think he likes endorsing or commenting on products in general. The only one I have seen him comment on directly is the phage probiotics from LEF.
How about sending danny roddy some? while I guess he's generally healthy and might not need stuff like that, a lot of people respect him as an honest interpreter of peat's work, and may be curious about his opinion on these supplements? I for one would be

cyclops

That would be really cool. If he's been searching for a pure product for a while maybe this will be something he'll really appreciate.

Last edited:

Wagner83

How about sending danny roddy some? while I guess he's generally healthy and might not need stuff like that, a lot of people respect him as an honest interpreter of peat's work, and may be curious about his opinion on these supplements? I for one would be
Haidut is featured on his shows (didn't watch the last one yet btw).

Dave Clark

Great! Thank you.

@tca300
I don't think my reaction had to do with the pregnenolone; I think it was just a very unlikely coincidence.

@cyclops
Dr. Peat doesn't take pregnenolone, as he's searching for a pure product. I believe he takes DHEA, progesterone, caffeine, and testosterone with occasional aspirin, vitamin E, and tetracycline-derived antibiotics.
Interesting that you say Dr. Peat uses progesterone. I had heard him on a podcast say that it shouldn't be used all the time by men, he claims it opposes testosterone. Did he change his mind?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals