Action Of Topical Thyroid Hormone Analogue In Reversing Glucocorticoid-induced Skin Atrophy

ddjd

Action of topical thyroid hormone analogue, triiodothyroacetic acid in reversing glucocorticoid-induced skin atrophy in humans. - PubMed - NCBI

Abstract
The present study concerns the effect of topical treatment with a cream formulation of triiodothyroacetic acid (TRIAC) in comparison with a placebo preparation in producing a reversal of skin atrophy induced by long-term employment of topical glucocorticoid therapy in humans. A total of 39 patients with clinically verified skin atrophy due to long-term use of topical potent glucocorticoids were randomized. The changes in skin thickness, elastic fibers, and hyaluronic acid were evaluated by means of sonography and histology. After 8 weeks' treatment, the skin thickness measured by sonography increased by 16% in the epidermis, 8% in the dermis, and epidermis + dermis in the placebo group. In the TRIAC 0.1% group, the corresponding values were 24% ( p=0.063) in the epidermis, 28% ( p=0.042) in the dermis, and 25% ( p=0.039) in the epidermis + dermis. After 8 weeks, in the placebo group, the skin thickness measured by biopsy increased by 5% in the epidermis, epidermis + dermis, and 6% in the dermis. In the TRIAC 0.1% group, the corresponding values were 31% ( p=0.041) in the epidermis, 46% ( p=0.041) in the dermis and 44% ( p=0.043) in the epidermis + dermis. After 8 weeks, the elastic fibers of moderately irregular and thickened fibers increased by 56% in the placebo group and 100% ( p=0.043) in the TRIAC 0.1 group. This study indicates that topical treatment with TRIAC appears to reverse glucocorticoid-induced skin atrophy under the narrow conditions tested.
this study says honokiol is anti aromatase

Modulating testosterone pathway: a new strategy to tackle male skin aging?

Mathgirl

I'm trying this out now with Tyromix, on both the atrophied skin as well as adjoining keloidal scars. I've take a picture of it, for a before and after comparison later on. I think that if the TRIA could normalize atrophic skin, it could also normalize keloidal skin, albeit with more time and patience.
Did the tyromix help your keloidal skin?

Back
Top Bottom