Hugh Johnson

There are several, but most of them published in Bulgarian, Iranian, Indian or Chinese journals. Here is one published in a better known Western journal.
Effect of oral administration of Tribulus terrestris extract on semen quality and body fat index of infertile men. - PubMed - NCBI

That study above is whack though. It considered a 3-fold increase in DHEA and a drop of prolactin from 17 down to 7 to be both non-significant, which is impossible to take seriously! Anybody who experiences such dramatic improvements in DHEA and prolactin will just laugh at the notion of the P-value and statistics.

@Wagner83 - have you seen this study?

I am starting to suspect that many TT studies in Western journals are purposefully mis-reported or designed in a way to show no effect from TT. A powerful OTC cortisol blocker that can treat hypogonadism, depression and obesity could decimate drug sales. Since cortisol is often a cause of female hypogonadism as well, the threat to Big Pharma from such a cheap herbal tonic with no known serious side effects ([406 cases of angina pectoris in coronary heart disease treated with saponin of Tribulus terrestris]. - PubMed - NCBI) cannot be overstated.
View attachment 11054
I can't help but to wonder the incredibly low DHEA levels these men had. Makes me suspect that DHEA levels are very low in angina pectoris survivors, and that DHEA supplement could be very therapeutic in these cases.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Thanks for your input.

They informed me about the backorder about a week ago. Email looked to be automated. They have yet to respond when I asked the ETA on restock. Called the number on their site and always went to voicemail.

HOWEVER...

I JUST called them again after seeing a different phone # on their BBB.org profile. I came in contact with a woman and she was very helpful and informative. I'm told the owner is away (vacation?), but he placed a restock order prior to leaving that should arrive this week or early next week. Thanksgiving throws a wrench into the ETA.

After a bit of casual conversation, it became hilariously clear this thread and @haidut 's link spiked their sales from zero to sold out. :lol:

Also, she said to use:

[email protected]
instead of
[email protected]

...to check shipping and product stock status (even before ordering).

LOL, I did not intent to do that and for the record I get no royalties from that vendor (or from any other for that matter). That's why I am typically reluctant to mention vendors publicly, as it sounds like endorsement when it is really just mentioning what I have tried in the past.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
DHEA levels are very low in angina pectoris survivors, and that DHEA supplement could be very therapeutic in these cases

This has actually been demonstrated beyond reasonable doubt in several human trials. Low DHEA or DHEA-S levels are found in almost every heart attack patient in the ER and their survival largely depends on whether their DHEA levels rebound or not. It matches well with estrogen being high in critically ill patients and estrogen suppressing DHEA synthesis.
Estrogen Levels Predict Mortality In The Critically Ill
Even A Slight Increase In Estrogen Strongly Decreases DHEA Levels

japanesedude

Could mild headache be a sign of increased T or DHT?
I've experienced it from both Tongkatali and Tribulus.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

Pointless

Could mild headache be a sign of increased T or DHT?
I've experienced it from both Tongkatali and Tribulus.

I get this too from TT. Not from DHT, that's for sure. I don't think it's test, either. Anyone know what causes this? Maybe high/low blood pressure?

Mauritio

I get this too from TT. Not from DHT, that's for sure. I don't think it's test, either. Anyone know what causes this? Maybe high/low blood pressure?
Are they serotonergic ?

Inaut

Smilax officinalis

Sarsaparilla is herb with similar role in TCM. It is claimed to be progesteronic and testosteronic. Quick search found one study suggesting one of the compounds is anabolic:
Diosgenin, the plant steroid in Smilax and Yam

What Is Sarsaparilla Root?

Scientific Evidence For Sarsaparilla Root:
Sarsaparilla And Inflammation
Sarsaparilla was found to have a similar antioxidant profile to salicylic acid, acting on both COX-1 and COX-2 pathways [5].

Sarsaparilla And Cancer
Cancer is both complex and highly variable Nevertheless, the process of tumor growth is similar in many different cancer cell lines. Sarsaparilla has been foundto provide benefits for cell lines including cervical, lung, gastric, ovarian, and breast cancers. It was shown to reduce cancer cell viability through enhanced ERK signalling [6], activation of caspase-3, PARP and Bax, blocking AKT activation, inhibition of NF-κB activation, and regulating cIAP-1, XIAP, Bcl-XL and Bcl-2 expression [7].

Sarsaparilla And Gout
Sarsaparilla has been shown to inhibit xanthine oxidase through a combination of 9 different constituents [1]. This has backed up and explained much of the ability for sarsaparilla to treat gout.

Sarsaparilal And Psoriasis
Flavonoids such as quercetin significant orthokeratosis, anti-inflammatory and antiproliferative activity [2], which supports the use of sarsaparilla in the treatment of psoriasis.

Sarsaparilla And Detoxification
Although the word “detox” is obscure and non-specific, it is often used to describe the ability to remove metabolites, and unwanted chemicals from the body. Sarsaparilla is a common addition for “detox” purposes. This has been backed up with research involving the pharmacokinetics of nicotine. Sarsaparilla (namely the component oxyresveratrol) was shown to increase the detoxification and elimination of this chemical through enhancing CYP2A6-mediated metabolism [3]. This gene is a part of the larger cytochrome P450 hemoproteins which are responsible for roughly 75% of metabolism and have been found in nearly all forms of life on earth [4].

Sarsaparilal And Pain
In mice studies, sarsaparilla was shown to reduce the sensation of pain through prostaglandin interaction and inhibition [5].

Cameron

Hugh Johnson

What Is Sarsaparilla Root?

Scientific Evidence For Sarsaparilla Root:
Sarsaparilla And Inflammation
Sarsaparilla was found to have a similar antioxidant profile to salicylic acid, acting on both COX-1 and COX-2 pathways [5].

Sarsaparilla And Cancer
Cancer is both complex and highly variable Nevertheless, the process of tumor growth is similar in many different cancer cell lines. Sarsaparilla has been foundto provide benefits for cell lines including cervical, lung, gastric, ovarian, and breast cancers. It was shown to reduce cancer cell viability through enhanced ERK signalling [6], activation of caspase-3, PARP and Bax, blocking AKT activation, inhibition of NF-κB activation, and regulating cIAP-1, XIAP, Bcl-XL and Bcl-2 expression [7].

Sarsaparilla And Gout
Sarsaparilla has been shown to inhibit xanthine oxidase through a combination of 9 different constituents [1]. This has backed up and explained much of the ability for sarsaparilla to treat gout.

Sarsaparilal And Psoriasis
Flavonoids such as quercetin significant orthokeratosis, anti-inflammatory and antiproliferative activity [2], which supports the use of sarsaparilla in the treatment of psoriasis.

Sarsaparilla And Detoxification
Although the word “detox” is obscure and non-specific, it is often used to describe the ability to remove metabolites, and unwanted chemicals from the body. Sarsaparilla is a common addition for “detox” purposes. This has been backed up with research involving the pharmacokinetics of nicotine. Sarsaparilla (namely the component oxyresveratrol) was shown to increase the detoxification and elimination of this chemical through enhancing CYP2A6-mediated metabolism [3]. This gene is a part of the larger cytochrome P450 hemoproteins which are responsible for roughly 75% of metabolism and have been found in nearly all forms of life on earth [4].

Sarsaparilal And Pain
In mice studies, sarsaparilla was shown to reduce the sensation of pain through prostaglandin interaction and inhibition [5].
You really can't trust these summaries. You have to do your own research before actually stating something is good, and my post was more aimed at people interested in herbs and people who might find Tribulus unsuitable for them. They might be inspired to research the herb.

TripleOG

Any updates with Tribulus Terrestris?

Been using a week. Insomnia after exercise or late coffee is reducing. Better recovery post exercise. Not waking up so highly stressed and easily triggered. I'm taking it to test if it really lowers prolactin.

My girl is experiencing more interesting results. Her lifelong patches of eczema on her hands and feet are smoothing over and healing. She would also experience random pain in those those areas too, especially during times of high stress. Peripheral neuropathy? Her mom experiences the same thing but much worse. Regardless, that's completely stopped by the 3rd day of taking TT.

About 700-800mg/day. Single serving. Morning.