MOUNTAINBEAR

In what situation would aspirin prior to bed be contraindicated? Aspirin tanking stress hormones would be quite the sleep aid, no? I've seen Danny Roddy mention taking 500mg prior to bed on his facebook or instagram, I can't remember.
I would agree with you. Works for me! Especially if I drink wine, it does wonders.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
But people may want to keep in mind that the anti-aromatase effects of 6kp weren't demonstrated anywhere as per the OP (although you suggested it could have anti-aromatase effects).

But 6kp doesn't seem to have the same effects as progesterone. Btw I like those random smileys which somehow make their way in the middle of an unrelated sentence.

Lol, the smileys show up whenever I try to make a post that has the format "text:text". I guess some of the letters before the ":" are recognized as an attempt to make a smiley face. Well, at least it draws attention :):
But to you point - yes, 6-keto P4 has not been formally shown to have anti-aromatase effects. I was just extrapolating on the emails from Peat to people who asked him about other progestins. He said he did not recommend most of them but something 17-OH-progesterone is OK. His statement was along the lines of "if progestins are used with DHEA then a ratio of 1:1 to 2:1 with DHEA would be probably be optimal. Since 6-keto P4 is also a progestin that's why I mentioned it. But whether is has the same aromatase inhibition effect as regular progesterone remains to be seen.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Thanks Haidut. What are your thoughts on 6-Keto and hair loss? I'm guessing the main benefit would be due to the opposition to cortisol and the downstream effects that has on the scalp and hair follicles. I'm currently applying Cardenosine to the scalp a couple of times a week and was thinking about applying 6-keto to the scalp as well but I think the systemic effect it has is likely sufficient.

Too early to say, but some people who use it on its own said their hair is getting thicker. One is a guy in his 30s and one is a woman in her 60s.

accelerator

This stuff is a game-changer for me. Better sleep, resilience to stress, mindset, energy and muscles feel better.

If it's working really well, does that mean I had high cortisol, or estrogen?

I've tried straight progesterone but it makes me sleep, so I avoid it, so it's hard to compare the effects.
I'm already on a lot of thyroid, but I didn't have this effect until I tried this.

Also, do I have to worry about adaption?
Should I quit for a week a month or anything like that?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
This stuff is a game-changer for me. Better sleep, resilience to stress, mindset, energy and muscles feel better.

If it's working really well, does that mean I had high cortisol, or estrogen?

I've tried straight progesterone but it makes me sleep, so I avoid it, so it's hard to compare the effects.
I'm already on a lot of thyroid, but I didn't have this effect until I tried this.

Also, do I have to worry about adaption?
Should I quit for a week a month or anything like that?

Thanks for the great feedback!
Before releasing it, I used it non-stop for 3 months and I did not experience adaptation. Because this does not seem to cause suppression it is probably OK to use longer term than other steroids but I find it best to still take a break every once in a while. But instead of every 3-4 weeks as it other steroids, with 6-keto it can probably be done every 2-3 months for a week.
I think most people older than 35 have some issues with low thyroid and/or high cortisol. Whether this worked more on cortisol or estrogen, I don't know. But the good news is that it is working.

accelerator

Thanks for the great feedback!
Before releasing it, I used it non-stop for 3 months and I did not experience adaptation. Because this does not seem to cause suppression it is probably OK to use longer term than other steroids but I find it best to still take a break every once in a while. But instead of every 3-4 weeks as it other steroids, with 6-keto it can probably be done every 2-3 months for a week.
I think most people older than 35 have some issues with low thyroid and/or high cortisol. Whether this worked more on cortisol or estrogen, I don't know. But the good news is that it is working.

Great, glad to hear that.

This is by far the best thing I've tried next to thyroid, for overall strength, stabilization and warmth.

Also, I've had very positive sensible dreams, which is what Ray said to watch for.......and this is noticable for me because in that past, if I dreamed at all it was always slightly stressful and crazy.

MOUNTAINBEAR

For me, the change was visible almost immediately. When a person is under stress they tend to retain water (due to the cortisol). The 6-keto shrinks/dries me out within an hour or so of taking.
We offer the two options because some people prefer the tocopherol/MCT version as per Peat's advice. I can't officially advocate oral use, only topical. But when I tried oral, it worked just as well but he effect were more short lived.
Taken orally I feel a definite short lived boost from it. Slightly euphoric. Very pleasant! Can't wait to see the effects after having taking this for one month. Will keep you posted.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Taken orally I feel a definite short lived boost from it. Slightly euphoric. Very pleasant! Can't wait to see the effects after having taking this for one month. Will keep you posted.

Excellent! Looking forward to hearing more.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut, How would you compare 5aDHP against 6 keto....I searched the forum for this question, didn't find anything

They don't seem to overlap much, probably becauuse 5a-DHP has actual progestogen effects through PR, while 6-keto P4 seems to be inactive at PR and likely serves mostly as cortisol blocker.

Fletcher

After about a month of use I can echo some of the earlier feedback, flatter stomach, better sleep, softer skin and hair. I use the MCT version topically 5 drops twice per day, on waking and before bed. I stack it with 4 drops of Pansterone, as initially it made me groggy in the a.m. When combined with Pansterone this is one of my favourite Idealabs products so far.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
After about a month of use I can echo some of the earlier feedback, flatter stomach, better sleep, softer skin and hair. I use the MCT version topically 5 drops twice per day, on waking and before bed. I stack it with 4 drops of Pansterone, as initially it made me groggy in the a.m. When combined with Pansterone this is one of my favourite Idealabs products so far.

Excellent! Thanks so much for sharing.

Soren

Forum Supporter
Could this increase the need for nutrients such as vitamin a due to improved metabolism. Had a bit of acne since starting usually happens when I take things like dhea, androsterone etc or am exposed to a lot of sun or red light. Vitamin a usually helps.

ddjd

Haidut which version do you use personally? The SFA ethanol or the tocopherols version?

Soren

Forum Supporter
Some initial feedback.

Noticed some increased muscle hardness and less water retention.

However I've also had some joint/muscle pain in my hands and feet as well as tooth pain. What concerns me is that this is lowering cortisol too much. I have experienced similar things in the past and it resulted in very bad foot and knee pain.

I started with only 3mg before bed then moved it up to 5 then 10. I think I might only use this on occasion as I am weary of lowering cortisol too much due to the discomfort and other risks.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Could this increase the need for nutrients such as vitamin a due to improved metabolism. Had a bit of acne since starting usually happens when I take things like dhea, androsterone etc or am exposed to a lot of sun or red light. Vitamin a usually helps.

If cortisol is blocked and this results in increased DHEA, T, androstenedione, etc then acne could happen. I would try a low dose and see if if disappears.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Haidut which version do you use personally? The SFA ethanol or the tocopherols version?

I like the SFA version topically and the tocopherol one orally or on the gums.