inthedark

I'm having trouble with just one more thing here. What would be the appropriate dose to replace about 80mg of progesterone daily? I'm seeing people in this thread advising around 5mg 5a-DHP but I'm also seeing the studies suggesting .2mg per kilogram, which for this person (who weighs 90kg) would mean about 20mg 5a-DHP -a dose verging on too high, according to a few posts-. Maybe I've somehow done the math wrong but I'm not sure how to reconcile these numbers. Also to achieve the estrogen and prolactin suppression would a daily dose be needed? Sorry if these questions were covered, I read through the thread but maybe I missed something.

Or if anyone else can weigh in on that, thanks!

M

member 6316

Or if anyone else can weigh in on that, thanks!
I could be way off but maybe it is becuase rats (used in studies) have way higher metabolism than humans so they need a high dosage but humans have slow metabolism compared to rats so we need small doses.

M

member 6316

sorry if this has been asked before, is there any reason you choose 5a-dhp instead of just plain allopregnanolone? also you mention progesterone is a stronger gaba agonist then 5a-DHP, how so? @haidut

Last edited by a moderator:
M

member 6316

for those that taken 5a-dhp how long does the effect last for you & if you have taken a benzodiazepine like xanax how would you compare that to 5a-dhp /allopregnanolone in terms of the anti-anxiety effect?

M

member 6316

Yeah, I agree. I'm not sure if haidut is still getting 5AR enzyme but I know he plans to release some stuff in the next coming weeks. If we get that your right that should take care of all the pathways. 5a-DHP should essentially provide positive feedback of 5AR in the brain so I think it would still be good to take it regardless. I wonder if taking a massive saturation dose of 5a-DHP will help upregulate 5AR in the brain quicker. The most potent mental combo I found was 200mg caffeine pill with 15mg of 5a-DHP.

No, 5a-THDOC is from progesterone. 5a-DHP is derived from progesterone too but in a different path. Check out the chart on the previous page.
Why do you guys want 5a-THDOC?

MCurtone

@haidut

Product seems to be working well. I had a few amazing days out in nature, enjoying scenery, went swimming, the 5a DHP is definitely making life more happy and vibrant.

However recently I have been incredibly fatigued, it's not normal. Heavy eyes as some users say. Even if I sleep 10 hours, I could lay and sleep more. I've experimented with taking 3-6 drops every 3 days, and also 3-6 drops every day.

Is this fatigue due to the estrogen suppression? I read one of your posts saying it can lower the number of estrogen receptors by 70% or so. One time I took 18 drops and 72 hours later I had immense fatigue and is hasn't gone away. The mood is good, its not depression, but I also feel like a zombie. Not excited for anything, too tired, libido is fine and definitely not depressed/sad. Any thoughts?

inthedark

@haidut

Product seems to be working well. I had a few amazing days out in nature, enjoying scenery, went swimming, the 5a DHP is definitely making life more happy and vibrant.

However recently I have been incredibly fatigued, it's not normal. Heavy eyes as some users say. Even if I sleep 10 hours, I could lay and sleep more. I've experimented with taking 3-6 drops every 3 days, and also 3-6 drops every day.

Is this fatigue due to the estrogen suppression? I read one of your posts saying it can lower the number of estrogen receptors by 70% or so. One time I took 18 drops and 72 hours later I had immense fatigue and is hasn't gone away. The mood is good, its not depression, but I also feel like a zombie. Not excited for anything, too tired, libido is fine and definitely not depressed/sad. Any thoughts?

Could this be similar to the sedative effect that RP describes from high doses of progesterone?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
sorry if this has been asked before, is there any reason you choose 5a-dhp instead of just plain allopregnanolone? also you mention progesterone is a stronger gaba agonist then 5a-DHP, how so? @haidut

Progesterone is a stronger GABA agonist because it has stronger affinity for the receptor and is better at activating it than 5a-DHP. I guess it has to do with receptor and ligands structures. The 5a-DHP is a direct precursor to allopregnanolone and it is usually better to use a steroid higher up in the cascade. Unlike DHEA that can metabolize into a few other steroids, 5a-DHP goes almost entirely into allopregnanolone. Allopregnanolone can also get metabolized downstream and thus have little opportunity to exert its beneficial effects if administered directly. I have tried allopreganolone directly and the effects seem very short lived compared to 5a-DHP. There are legal reasons as well.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut

Progesterone and its derivatives are known to have such (side) effects. Too much GABA agonism can cause it as could drop in cortisol. I would try some pregnenolone on its own or with a bit of DHEA. Taking a week off for every 3-4 weeks on is also a good idea with any steroids, even higher level precursors like 5a-DHP.

MCurtone

@haidut

Thanks for the fast reply. So it's likely a drop in cortisol instead of estrogen suppression? That would make sense because my sex drive is still sky high, and I know estrogen is needed for that. I'll stop it completely for a week and see how it works.

M

member 6316

just so I understand right progesterone is stronger than 5a-dhp at GABA-A . pregnenolone is strongest at inhibiting CRH then anything else (wonder why, when I tried it I felt nothing for anxiety but progesterone helped somewhat). But the two strongest GABA-A modulators are allopregnanolone > 5a-THDOC . cool, hopefully 5a-dhp's allopregnanolic effect last long, it would suck if it only lasted few hours. have you tried 5a-THDOC? @haidut

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
just so I understand right progesterone is stronger than 5a-dhp at GABA-A . pregnenolone is strongest at inhibiting CRH then anything else (wonder why, when I tried it I felt nothing for anxiety but progesterone helped somewhat). But the two strongest GABA-A modulators are allopregnanolone > 5a-THDOC . cool, hopefully 5a-dhp's allopregnanolic effect last long, it would suck if it only lasted few hours. have you tried 5a-THDOC? @haidut

Anxiety is more affected by GABA agonism than CRH antagonism. CRH antagonism should have more effect on how well you handle stress. Have not tried 5a-THDOC but it would probably have a sedative and anti-anxiety effects similar to allopregnanolone.

M

member 6316

Maybe I am way off but I like how the body incase someone is experiencing too much stress, the excess cortisol will convert to THDOC and potently modulate GABA-A to offset the stress/high cortisol incase allopregnanolone wasn't enough.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Maybe I am way off but I like how the body incase someone is experiencing too much stress, the excess cortisol will convert to THDOC and potently modulate GABA-A to offset the stress/high cortisol incase allopregnanolone wasn't enough.

So, now you know another reason why drugs like Finasteride are so evil. Not only do they partially castrate people but also inhibit the alternative pathway for degrading cortisol into more benign steroids. Inhibiting 5-AR also lowers bile acid production, which really ruins digestion and possibly liver health as well.

G

GENE FIALKOFF

haidut - read in 1 part of this thread you were going to try 5a-DHP topically
without going thru all 39 threads, what were effects topically vs. orally?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
haidut - read in 1 part of this thread you were going to try 5a-DHP topically
without going thru all 39 threads, what were effects topically vs. orally?

In my personal experience, it had more effects on muscle than mind. It felt a bit like androsterone but was calming and did not raise temps like androsterone does. Also, effect lasted longer topically, I'd say at least 6-7 hours.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
In my personal experience, it had more effects on muscle than mind. It felt a bit like androsterone but was calming and did not raise temps like androsterone does. Also, effect lasted longer topically, I'd say at least 6-7 hours.

I got these effects from topical administration.

G

GENE FIALKOFF

ray recommended applying progesterone on aching knees - do you think this would replace, or in addition?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
ray recommended applying progesterone on aching knees - do you think this would replace, or in addition?

In my experience, 5a-DHP is more helpful for the brain. It could help on the knees in addition to progesterone but I have not tried it so I can't comment.