Pointless

So how do you gain the benefits of 11 keto dht without lowering estrogen to low? It seems even one drop lowers libido and erection quality .. because I need low estrogen but I also need good sexual function ..

Donno. Downstream steroids are always problematic. I think magnesium has been helping to keep the joint pain and Ed at Bay, but I'm not sure. I don't use a lot of 11-keto.

Momado965

There was a study with older males which used "only" 80mg DHT daily and it found no suppression of HPGA. If you have estrogen dominance the HPGA will be already suppressed. DHT, if used in physiological doses or up to maybe 25mg daily, should help with such a problem instead of making it worse. Applied directly on the testicles, DHT should stimulate T synthesis from pregnenolone and DHEA. There are plenty of animal studies showing recovery from radiation-induced testicular damage using local administration of DHT.

Can T3 do that as well?

Wagner83

Sure, at a dose of 250mg daily DHT (or any other steroid, except pregnenolone and progesterone) will become suppressive.
"...Dihydrotestosterone (DHT) was administered percutaneously in a dose of 125 mg twice daily for 10 days to 12 normal men. Basal plasma levels of testosterone (T), 17 beta-estradiol (E2), and LH were measured every 2 days in these men and every 5 days in subjects from a control group receiving placebo."
Not even sure what studies like this aim to achieve. Such a dose of DHT is absurd and has no basis in vitro or in vivo animal studies.

It should be noted that the effective absorption of DHT from the hydrocalcholic gel found in Andractim is only 10%. So effectively, these folk were getting only 25mg a day. Could you estimate what the safe dosage range might be for DHT?

Also, will someone with estrogen dominance be more or less liable to get suppressed from the same dose of DHT?
What does percutaneously means in that context? Topical application of the gel or use of a needle to have 100% absorption? It sounds like both may be possible:
Percutaneous - Wikipedia

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
What does percutaneously means in that context? Topical application of the gel or use of a needle to have 100% absorption? It sounds like both may be possible:
Percutaneous - Wikipedia

Typically when they say percutaneous for human steroid use they mean transdermal. Nobody is going to agree to get 2 injections daily in order to get their steroid:):
I think the study actually mentions they used a gel.
Sometimes percutaneous could mean using a transdermal needle to inject the chemical under the skin but this is more often used in animals to prevent them from licking or somehow removing the steroid when applied as gel/patch/liquid to their skin.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

vulture

I'm gonna try higher doses of 11-Keto DHT (5 mg+ a day) on my rat and keep an eye on facial hair growth. I suppose oral administration is the way that it's going to be more absorbed.
I think facial hair growth speed is a good indicator of androgenicity, what do you think about this? At least I noticed easily that effect while administering proviron, so, I assume I must see something similar if I use a "big" dose of this chemical.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
To be clear I meant can t3 do what dht does when applied on testes in order to reverse radiation damage?

Yes, that too and the lack of suppression is still a good aspect since radiation typically suppresses gonadal function. Oral inosine, methylene blue, vitamin E, niacinamide have also been used successfully to protect from or reverse organ damage due to radiation exposure.

Momado965

Yes, that too and the lack of suppression is still a good aspect since radiation typically suppresses gonadal function. Oral inosine, methylene blue, vitamin E, niacinamide have also been used successfully to protect from or reverse organ damage due to radiation exposure.
Oh I see when you said no risk of suppression you meant from radiation not the fact of using dht. It wasn't even close to clear what you meant. So what do you think of a protocol of 2 drops androsterone and 2 drops t3?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Oh I see when you said no risk of suppression you meant from radiation not the fact of using dht. It wasn't even close to clear what you meant. So what do you think of a protocol of 2 drops androsterone and 2 drops t3?

If T3 is used then there is probably no need for additional androsterone. T3 raises synthesis of 5-AR steriods anyways.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Did you notice diminishing effects after cessation?

Well, kind of yes. It is to be expected than you no longer use the substance you will revert to another baseline.

Momado965

Well, kind of yes. It is to be expected than you no longer use the substance you will revert to another baseline.

You mean reverting to the original baseline (before using the substance) or reveting to a better baseline than the original baseline but lower than when using the substance?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
You mean reverting to the original baseline (before using the substance) or reveting to a better baseline than the original baseline but lower than when using the substance?

Usually reverting to a better baseline. But if a stressor is chronically present then reversion to previous low baseline is also possible.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut Can androsterone function like dht and t3 to restore the function of radiation induced testicular damage?

Most likely yes, because as some studies that I sent to @Wagner83 showed whatever effects androsterone has been shown to possess in animal studies depended on its conversion to DHT. It is similar to DHEA in that it is a prohormone but unlike DHEA it is not aromatizable and is a stronger androgen even before conversion.

Momado965

Most likely yes, because as some studies that I sent to @Wagner83 showed whatever effects androsterone has been shown to possess in animal studies depended on its conversion to DHT. It is similar to DHEA in that it is a prohormone but unlike DHEA it is not aromatizable and is a stronger androgen even before conversion.

Sweet! Will there be a version of androsterone without the new smelly ingredient?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter