1 Beer Or Red Meat = Shower

ubiety

If I have 1 beer before dinner, flaccid hang is much larger, and often I even get an erection right after eating dinner. Having >1 beer isn't as good. Eating a steak also results in similar. Why?

I thought maybe B vitamins from both, but I don't get anything like that taking B supplements.

I have ED issues and it would be great to understand the mechanism behind this.

Last edited:

DaveFoster

Beer acutely raises estrogen,which stimulates androgen synthesis in the adrenal glands.

michael94

Beer acutely raises estrogen,which stimulates androgen synthesis in the adrenal glands.

Is that so. I had a whole beer for the first time in years recently... Felt "fine" I guess... and helped me relax + I had improved digestion the following meal. Do you know if Dark beers are worse/better than light?

DaveFoster

Is that so. I had a whole beer for the first time in years recently... Felt "fine" I guess... and helped me relax + I had improved digestion the following meal. Do you know if Dark beers are worse/better than light?
Darker, more hoppy beers, microbrews have more estrogen. Progressive, urban dwellers, such as hipsters prefer these beers, and there's evidence that links consumption of more bitter, less pleasant beverages to psychopathy.

References: Identification of a potent phytoestrogen in hops (Humulus lupulus L.) and beer. - PubMed - NCBI

http://emilkirkegaard.dk/en/wp-cont...ciated-with-antisocial-personality-traits.pdf

Waynish

Darker, more hoppy beers, microbrews have more estrogen. Progressive, urban dwellers, such as hipsters prefer these beers, and there's evidence that links consumption of more bitter, less pleasant beverages to psychopathy.

References: Identification of a potent phytoestrogen in hops (Humulus lupulus L.) and beer. - PubMed - NCBI

http://emilkirkegaard.dk/en/wp-cont...ciated-with-antisocial-personality-traits.pdf

LOL. Why not just say, "I believe hipsters are often psychopaths, and I'd like to support that by their taste in the most estrogenic of beers!" Strange-- I guess I just like straight speech :)

SOMO

Easy - alcohol constricts blood vessels making you feel hot or warm. But it's artificial warmth caused by squeezing blood vessels, not warm due to metabolic energy.
Warm balls = hanging balls

Steak = Zinc + high protein + heme-iron + psychosocial benefit of consuming a "masculine food."
Seriously though, beef meat is the among the most nutrient dense foods, it literally contains many things that would contribute to a functioning organism and their reproductive system.

OP
U

ubiety

Interesting. So its the androgen synthesis from estrogen that causes this effect since androgenic supps like preg, prog, etc. do not?

Easy - alcohol constricts blood vessels making you feel hot or warm. But it's artificial warmth caused by squeezing blood vessels, not warm due to metabolic energy.
Warm balls = hanging balls

Steak = Zinc + high protein + heme-iron + psychosocial benefit of consuming a "masculine food."
Seriously though, beef meat is the among the most nutrient dense foods, it literally contains many things that would contribute to a functioning organism and their reproductive system.

I was referring to penile hang.

Does iron support erection physiology? Agree, no food satiates me like beef.

Thanks to all for your replies

DaveFoster

Interesting. So its the androgen synthesis from estrogen that causes this effect since androgenic supps like preg, prog, etc. do not?
Pregnenolone and progesterone aren't androgenic per se, but they oppose estrogen. Androgens don't necessarily increase the libido, as they're effects depend on the context of other hormones.

Dave, can you comment on white wine and estrogen compared to beer?
Beer has far more benign hormonal effects compared to bourbon, bourbon being superior to either type of wine, and red wine being the most harmful:

"...six women received white wine congeners, seven women received red wine congeners, six women received beer congeners, and five women received bourbon congeners. Every evening for 4 weeks, each woman consumed a congener preparation corresponding to one standard drink of that beverage.

The congeners of both bourbon and red wine exerted a dose-dependent estrogenic effect on the OVEX rats’ uterus weights and LH levels (see figure 3) (Gavaler et al. 1987b, 1995a). Thus, the animals’ mean uterus weights increased, and the LH levels decreased compared with control OVEX rats that had received no congeners. Interestingly, the estrogenic effects on both uterus weight and LH levels were more pronounced in the animals exposed to red wine congeners than in the animals exposed to bourbon congeners. In addition, the estrogenic effects reached statistical significance at lower doses of red wine congeners than of bourbon congeners. These findings suggest that red wine contains a higher content and/or biologically more active phytoestrogens than does bourbon."​

Reference: https://pubs.niaaa.nih.gov/publications/arh22-3/220.pdf

Last edited:

griesburner

Beer has far more benign hormonal effects compared to bourbon, bourbon being superior to either type of wine, and red wine being the most harmful:

wow thats an eye-opener for me :O
i refuse to drink beer all the time because i thought the hops in beer was the most estrogenic beverage and instead i am drinking my glas of wine every evening. maybe i should think about that again :)

DaveFoster

wow thats an eye-opener for me :O
i refuse to drink beer all the time because i thought the hops in beer was the most estrogenic beverage and instead i am drinking my glas of wine every evening. maybe i should think about that again :)
It's certainly against popular notions.

There's the stereotype of a working man enjoying a lager after a hard day's work, or alternatively one of a "hard man" with his "hard whiskey," both types of drinks being the lowest in estrogen.

Lowdose69

One of my homebrewing books mentioned "brewers droop" (erectile dysfunction) being caused by brewers handling hops all day. The phytoestrogens absorbed through the skin as hops are very oily when fresh. I prefer to make styles with no or low hops.

DenMarker

i think red meat, especially processed meat such as hot dogs and hams are bad for us.
so i would rather drink beer if i can only have 1 lol

Elephanto

Hops have a sedative effect, you are probably under some level of constant stress (which is a predominant cause of ED) that hops take away. You could try alcohol-free beer to verify that it is indeed the hops doing this, though alcohol can increase the effect by raising dopamine.

The sedative effects of hops (Humulus lupulus), a component of beer, on the activity/rest rhythm. - PubMed - NCBI

In the case of steak, it could be the iron and carnitine promoting testosterone production.

@DaveFoster Beer doesn't "acutely" raise estrogen, it counteracts the effect of pure alcohol on estrogen.

Effect of hop (Humulus lupulus L.) flavonoids on aromatase (estrogen synthase) activity. - PubMed - NCBI

Hops (Humulus lupulus) inhibits Oxidative Estrogen Metabolism and Estrogen-Induced Malignant Transformation in Human Mammary Epithelial cells (MCF-10A)

DaveFoster

Hops have a sedative effect, you are probably under some level of constant stress (which is a predominant cause of ED) that hops take away. You could try alcohol-free beer to verify that it is indeed the hops doing this, though alcohol can increase the effect by raising dopamine.

The sedative effects of hops (Humulus lupulus), a component of beer, on the activity/rest rhythm. - PubMed - NCBI

In the case of steak, it could be the iron and carnitine promoting testosterone production.

@DaveFoster Beer doesn't "acutely" raise estrogen, it counteracts the effect of pure alcohol on estrogen.

Effect of hop (Humulus lupulus L.) flavonoids on aromatase (estrogen synthase) activity. - PubMed - NCBI

Hops (Humulus lupulus) inhibits Oxidative Estrogen Metabolism and Estrogen-Induced Malignant Transformation in Human Mammary Epithelial cells (MCF-10A)
If one drinks beer, then will it have any estrogenic effect at all?

Elephanto

Long-term probably. Especially yeasty beers (the cloudy ones), those in my experience create anxiety no matter the hops content. Endotoxins will increase estrogen, the endotoxins will damage the liver reducing its ability to detoxify estrogen, and so does alcohol when enough beers are taken + directly activates aromatase. Barley and wheat increase TLR4, while red wine (supposedly has anti-aromatase properties) is high in metalloestrogens and mycotoxins, it always leave a metallic taste in my mouth. Pure alcohol will in short term reduce endotoxins but also negatively affect the gut flora in long term (study posted by haidut finds it is why it damages the liver) and will damage intestinal linings leading to permeability. Basically, I don't think alcohol is ever a good strategy to augment health and complete abstinence will usually have benefits that wine antioxidants or anti-estrogenic hops can't replace.

DaveFoster

Long-term probably. Especially yeasty beers (the cloudy ones), those in my experience create anxiety no matter the hops content. Endotoxins will increase estrogen, the endotoxins will damage the liver reducing its ability to detoxify estrogen, and so does alcohol when enough beers are taken + directly activates aromatase. Barley and wheat increase TLR4, while red wine (supposedly has anti-aromatase properties) is high in metalloestrogens and mycotoxins, it always leave a metallic taste in my mouth. Pure alcohol will in short term reduce endotoxins but also negatively affect the gut flora in long term (study posted by haidut finds it is why it damages the liver) and will damage intestinal linings leading to permeability. Basically, I don't think alcohol is ever a good strategy to augment health and complete abstinence will usually have benefits that wine antioxidants or anti-estrogenic hops can't replace.
Here are some of the studies that you've mentioned for anyone interested:

https://raypeatforum.com/community/...luidity-sfa-are-protective.22832/#post-322501

https://raypeatforum.com/community/...n-driven-by-endotoxin-tlr4.19890/#post-270674

Lowdose69

Hops are full of phytoestrogen. I mentioned brewers droop in my post above and the abstract below mentions menstrual disturbances in females who handle hops.

Abstract
The female flowers of the hop plant are used as a preservative and as a flavoring agent in beer. However, a recurring suggestion has been that hops have a powerful estrogenic activity and that beer may also be estrogenic. In this study, sensitive and specific in vitro bioassays for estrogens were used for an activity-guided fractionation of hops via selective solvent extraction and appropriate HPLC separation. We have identified a potent phytoestrogen in hops, 8-prenylnaringenin, which has an activity greater than other established plant estrogens. The estrogenic activity of this compound was reflected in its relative binding affinity to estrogen receptors from rat uteri. The presence of 8-prenylnaringenin in hops may provide an explanation for the accounts of menstrual disturbances in female hop workers. This phytoestrogen can also be detected in beer, but the levels are low and should not pose any cause for concern.

Identification of a potent phytoestrogen in hops (Humulus lupulus L.) and beer. - PubMed - NCBI

OP
U

ubiety

Yeah, this seems very plausible since I'm under constant stress from my job. Quitting isn't an option at this time, so I'd like to find a way to simulate the 1 beer effect whenever I'm not at work...
Thanks.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals