Tricks for bags under eyes

The livid part under the eyes just went away by itself, but the black part that sits against the nose and makes you look like a Rorschach test seems here to stay. I tried vitamins E, K and progesterone.

RPDiciple

i have the same problem, i dont think i have bags just dark circles or darkness under my eyes. Just cant get ridd of it

1) What's your sleep cycle like?
2) How much time in front of the computer each day?
3) How much time outside or in natural lighting each day?

Peata

This was on a thread about dark circles, info from 4peatssake.

Ray Peat wrote:Like the dark circles, a chronically plugged nostril is suggestive of an allergy, and it usually varies according to the intensity of the intestinal irritation of undigested food. Keeping notes on what you eat, you might notice increased stuffiness during the night after particular foods were eaten, though with some foods the congestion can take a couple of days to develop. Prolonged endurance exercise will usually slow the pulse because of adaptive inhibition of the thyroid. I have seen some people with the dark circles, fatigue, and other symptoms that stopped as soon as they stopped their daily running.

And that dark circles can indicate low thyroid.

Thread here. viewtopic.php?t=3030

RPDiciple

Peata: yeah ive read all that and also tried it. But it still has not helped me. So its really strange

jyb

Just to add to the list, I think Ray mentioned low protein as a culprit, a situation where the body would sacrifice the protein rich skin.

Peata

I've never had bags, but usually some light purplish/dark discoloration where the skin is thinnest under the inner corners of my eyes. I notice it is worse when allergies are bad or after I've been sick. I recently went through about 4 weeks of higher protein than I've ever eaten and it didn't help. It could be from stresses where my body is still dealing with the metabolic issues. I use a little concealer.

jyb

RPDiciple said:
jyb: interesting, but would this be fixed once protein is taken care off?

No idea. I had bag under eyes but it was pretty light. That kind of light bag can definitely go away.

tara

RPDiciple said:
jyb: interesting, but would this be fixed once protein is taken care off?
Low protein intake, or low carb/calorie intake resulting in protein being sacrificed to provide sugar.
For it to recover, I would imagine that not only does enough protein need to be supplied, but also enough energy (eg from carbs) spare for repair, and other conditions required to be in a generally anabolic state.

natedawggh

In my experience bags under my eyes have to do with swelling and water retention. If I take extra salt and lots of coffee (and protein/carbs for fuel), they will deflate within an hour or two. To reduce the development of them during the night you'd need to increase your salt intake before bed, use progesterone and/or thyroid, and preferably sleep with a full stomach of healthy carbs and protein.

I have rubbed vitamin K and Progest-E around the eyes and nothing changed.

RPDiciple

natedawggh said:
In my experience bags under my eyes have to do with swelling and water retention. If I take extra salt and lots of coffee (and protein/carbs for fuel), they will deflate within an hour or two. To reduce the development of them during the night you'd need to increase your salt intake before bed, use progesterone and/or thyroid, and preferably sleep with a full stomach of healthy carbs and protein.

cool, makes sense in my case

Raypmom

Such_Saturation said:
I have rubbed vitamin K and Progest-E around the eyes and nothing changed.

stop eating gut irritating foods and loads of sugar. :lol:

Raypmom

Usually the case for me. When ever I go over for dinner to someones house or out to eat, next morning = dark circles under eyes. Bags too. After taking care of diet and back on track and digeston is on track seems disapear! Like it was never there before.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals