Jennifer's Cellular Regeneration Log

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

@Dutchie -- lol I've never heard the Dutch being described as cheap before. I like to think of it as "thrifty." :D

Ah, but just think of how much fun it would be to stab your food with your chopsticks when the frustration of trying to use them as intended wears on you.

By animal foods and gagging, I mean the parts typically considered most nutritious -- the fat, organs, cartilage, skin and bones/marrow. The only part I like is the muscle meat and even then, the less it resembles the animal it came from the better so off the bone, no skin attached like roasted skinless turkey and chicken breast, processed meat like deli ham, bologna and hot dogs.

Even the majority of seafood makes me gag because of the fishy taste. Along with canned tuna, the shellfish I listed under my current diet are the only seafood I like, with the exception of the oysters -- I use them only as a supplement for vitamin A, zinc etc. since I dislike liver even more. Fiber and starch are my kryptonite so I'm limited to mainly juice and broths when it comes to plants.

Because I have to juice most of the plants I eat, animal proteins are the few foods I actually get to chew, and I like chewing my food. lol The cheese would have provided another solid food, but maybe you're right that my body doesn't need it anymore. I ended up getting sick (vomiting) from it and woke during the night with one of the worst anxiety attacks (doom and gloom type) I've ever had.

I'm going to try some turkey again and if I get an adrenaline attack, I'll try upping my thyroid dose since I have extra. Back when my doctor was first trying to work out a proper dose, it got changed a few times and so for a week I had accidentally been taking way more than prescribe and that's when the attacks stopped, but my TSH was suppressed so she wanted me back on the dose prescribed and that's when the attacks returned.

I told my doctor that I thought the adrenaline attacks were being triggered by hypoglycemia, brought on when I reintroduced meat, since I dealt with it prior to fruitarianism. She mentioned the glucose tolerance test and said she didn't want me taking it for fear it would bring on an attack. I understood but I also wanted an answer to hopefully stop them for good and figured I'd be under medical supervision if one happened. Anyway...

Sorry, I'm not sure I'm understanding correctly. So it states that B6, B9, B12, vit.K, calcium, beta-carotene, tocopherol and choline are of importance to you, but you don't understand what it indicates? I've never used codegen before, only gedmatch, so I don't know what info is provided with your results.

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

I ended up getting sick (vomiting) from it and woke during the night with one of the worst anxiety attacks (doom and gloom type) I've ever had.
I spoke too soon, sort of. Whole Foods was out of a certain brand of fat free ricotta I wanted to try (Fat Free Ricotta - Products - Calabro Cheese) so I had to get one with fat in it. Well, today they had the FF in stock so I tried it and didn't experience a thing -- no nausea, vomiting, stomach pain or brain fog. Even better is my digestion was awesome today. I've been surprisingly regular, something unheard of for me with dairy.

I'm almost positive it was the fat causing me problems. I thought it would be okay since my gallbladder has been quiet since reintroducing meat into my diet last year, but dairy fat used to cause me major problems back when I was Peating in 2014/2015 and Ray told me that it's hard for some people to digest so he recommends low-fat dairy. At the time, I couldn't find a fresh cheese that was fat free, or even low-fat, that didn't include enzymes and gums.

I also realized that the reason why I didn't care for the ricotta is because I ate it plain. I saw salt in the ingredients list but when looking at the container today, I realized the sodium content was only 25 mg a serving. I was eating it like I would cottage cheese, a cheese that contains way more salt so it actually has flavor. lol So today I added some salt and it did the trick. I had more later on and this time added some sweetener, lemon juice, vanilla bean and sea salt, and it tasted like cheesecake. I seriously hope I continue to tolerate the ricotta because...cheesecake. :hearteyes:

Last edited:

Luann

Hi @Jennifer,

Yes it could be that the oxalates in my 70% dark chocolate, potatoes and raw greens with no dairy was causing my mouth ulcers. Looking back at my comments here I saw that I had started peeling potatoes last year. Over summer I dropped potatoes for a 2nd smoothie in the evening, and when I came back to potatoes I forgot to peel them again!!

I get ulcers in my mouth after eating several foods, including potatoes, despite peeling the potatoes. I also have a firm belief that taters caused or worsened my gum recession from several molars.

jet9

Fiber and starch are my kryptonite so I'm limited to mainly juice and broths when it comes to plants.
I guess i am same in regards to vegetable fiber. From time to time i try to introduce very well cooked vegetables (cabbage, kale, spinach, celery) cause they are supposed to be good, and i may feel good for 1 day, but after that i become so fatigued that i hardly have energy to for anything outside of regular chores.
I would love to eat vegetables! But i simply can't. Mushrooms, zucchini are ok in small quantities, but cabbage, kale, spinach, etc are out of question.

jet9

@Jennifer
Do you have suggestion on how to combat anxiety / adrenaline like feeling from eating fruits?
It's very strange that sometimes i feel amazing eating lots of fruits, but sometimes i get this tight anxiety / adrenaline like feeling.
Can't understand what's the cause...

Richiebogie

Hi @Jennifer,

That would be an important clue if dairy fat is causing you issues.

I wonder how dairy fat differs from coconut oil and other vegetable oils you can tolerate.

Perhaps there is some immune reaction.

I wonder if you have the same issue with animal fat in red meat and poultry..?

Alternatively there could be a problem with digesting the animal fat within a few hours of eating fruit sugar...

I have been reading about the carnivore diet of mainly beef and eggs. The carnivores tend to avoid all carbs and many avoid dairy too!

Maybe there are distinct metabolic pathways that can interfere with each other.

Eg the digestion of simple sugars (fruit juice, dairy sugar) vs digestion of vegetable fat vs digestion of Animal Protein (low fat) vs digestion of Animal fat vs digestion of starch etc.

Perhaps you are able to combine the first 3 in a single meal...?

I love my fruit and fruit juice but maybe I shouldn’t be combining it with animal fat, as I do get a lot of fatigue!

I’m not sure what can be safely combined with fatty cheese. Maybe it is a WOE in itself!

Hopefully the low fat ricotta is a keeper for you!

Hi @Luann,

That could be the oxalates in the potatoes causing mouth ulcers. I am now peeling, soaking, stirring, rinsing and boiling my potatoes, though I am also eating less of them altogether!

Hi @Dutchie,

It would be great if avoiding oxalates keeps your lesions from growing.

I am wondering if grapefruit can dissolve oxalate crystals. It has been found to increase oxalates in urine, which mainstream medicine considers a bad thing, for increasing the risk of kidney stones, but it may be cleaning away damaging deposits!

Grapefruit is a strange fruit which can interfere with prescription drugs. Ruby Grapefruit has just come into season here in Melbourne, Australia, so it is a good price. It is quite delicious. Can you get it where you are?

All the best!

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Hi @jet9! :) The same thing happens to me with veggie fiber. I'm not sure why but suspect it has to do with irritating my gut and/or it fed the SIBO. For combating anxiety/adrenaline from fruit, what I find most helpful is avoiding irritation, SIBO and low blood sugar so making sure the fruit is always ripe, cooking starchier fruit like apples and bananas, consuming more of my fruit as juice (fibers can fuel an overgrowth) and drinking it slowly, avoiding juice with added ingredients like citric/ascorbic acid, enzymes and flavor packs or going too long without sugar -- I get an initial adrenaline response when consuming some after hours of not having any -- and having a salted protein (maybe also some fat) when consuming larger amounts of fruit in one sitting.

Dutchie

@Richiebogie
I never looked into grapefruit and it's properties,mainly because I absolutely don't like it. ;)
They sell grapefruit over here, but like I said I don't pay any attention to them.

I do take a couple of sips of lemon juice daily. First of all bc I like it and I feel it helps with digestion,but I also read that the citrate in it is beneficial to the oxalate problem. That's why they recommend the citrate supplement versions of calcium,magnesium and potassium.

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Hi @Richiebogie, :)

I'm not sure, but tests showed I do have an immune response to dairy so it wouldn't surprise me if there is some kind of immune response going on with its fat since all other fats I handle better, coconut being the best I suspect because of its high proportion of medium chain fats. There's definitely something up with dairy...

I experimented with the ricotta for about two weeks and though it didn't cause the usual brain fog, stuffy nose and fatigue, it did eventually leave me constipated and *TMI WARNING* my stools white by week two. I honestly don't know what to make of that or why the shellfish doesn't cause constipation while ricotta does.

Hmm...possibly, but I would say only if certain tissues are compromised since nature's perfect food, breast milk, is a combination of all three macros. Someone who turns to a carnivore diet often does so out of necessity so there may be tissues involved in digestion that aren't able to handle the combination of fat and sugar?

Have you ever had just animal protein and fat at a meal and if so, did you feel less fatigue? I get some fatigue from all fats except for coconut, and feel like I've been hit by a truck with muscle meat, but have a ton of energy with a meal of shellfish/collagen and fruit, probably even more than I had while on the fruitarian diet.

Last edited:

Markus

The reason you are reacting to dairy fats can be because they increase the reabsorption of secondary bile salts which in turn can lead to gallbladder problems.

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

The reason you are reacting to dairy fats can be because they increase the reabsorption of secondary bile salts which in turn can lead to gallbladder problems.
Ah, okay! Thank you for sharing. :) So could the same thing apply to the other poperties of dairy since my stools go white even when it's fat-free? And could this be contributing to its constipating effect? I thought about trying some ox bile from Ancestral Supplements, but worry I'll upset my stomach and it's finally free of pain. The only other thing left that I could think of to try was upping my thyroid dose, but then I risk tanking my cholesterol level again.

Markus

Ah, okay! Thank you for sharing. :) So could the same thing apply to the other poperties of dairy since my stools go white even when it's fat-free? And could this be contributing to its constipating effect? I thought about trying some ox bile from Ancestral Supplements, but worry I'll upset my stomach and it's finally free of pain. The only other thing left that I could think of to try was upping my thyroid dose, but then I risk tanking my cholesterol level again.
Yes, dairy in general can increase the reabsorption of secondary bile salts. I get terrible gallbladder issues when eating dairy - even fat-free.

I don't think you need to worry about trying some ox bile as long as the dose is not too high. I find my digestion improves when taking a low dose of ox bile (125 mg).

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Yes, dairy in general can increase the reabsorption of secondary bile salts. I get terrible gallbladder issues when eating dairy - even fat-free.

I don't think you need to worry about trying some ox bile as long as the dose is not too high. I find my digestion improves when taking a low dose of ox bile (125 mg).
That's good to know. I'll give the ox bile a shot then. Thanks, Markus! :)

Richiebogie

Hi @Jennifer,

White stool and constipation sounds like zero bile coming out of the bile duct!

Supplementing ox bile may fix those first 2 issues, but there are other concerns with a blocked bile duct, like a build up of bilirubin which can then leak into the bloodstream!

Maybe avoiding dairy is a better solution, particularly if it is messing with your liver, gallbladder or pancreas.

I am no expert, however. And maybe dairy has some benefit. I must admit, white stools sound a little Christmassy!

Have you ever had just animal protein and fat at a meal and if so, did you feel less fatigue?

I think so, but I am still in the habit of having lots of carbs through the day! I am slowly reducing my carbs and upping eggs and beef to see if that helps reduce morning fatigue and bags under my eyes!

I do drink my OJ & banana smoothie before having the eggs, and later in the day have grapefruit juice and lemon squash before the red meat, so that might be helping!

I am still having more than 20% of my calories as sugar, so that may need to halve!

I’m not keen on the idea of eating 1kg of beef every day though!

Maybe that is just the fruitarian in me!

The athletic carnivore in me may have other ideas!

Last edited:
OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Hi @Richiebogie,

Haha! Quite Christmassy! I know I'm a recovering perfectionist, but I've taken the highly sought-after "ghost wipe" to a whole new level. But yeah, that's what I was thinking when I first saw white stools. I was consuming the ricotta with eggs so I figured the fat would have triggered the release of bile.

I'm thinking, more like hoping, that my duct isn't blocked. The last time my liver and gallbladder were checked (before reintroducing animal protein), the ultrasound did show gallstones but there was no blockage or inflammation of the duct and I'm not feeling any pain. My bilirubin level always comes back in range, not sure if that says anything other than I don't have jaundice?

I planned on taking the ox bile to see if it helps with clearing my liver and thyroid function so that I can tolerate muscle meat, and maybe even dairy, down the road. I might also try some of the homeopathic belladonna pellets I took while Peating 5 years ago, when I was trying anything and everything to tolerate dairy. Belladonna contains atropine which Ray told VoS relaxes the bile duct.

LOL It seems my inner fruitarian and carnivore are at odds with each other, too. I hope reducing the carbs and upping the eggs and beef helps! I can understand not wanting to eat that much beef daily. I ate similar amounts on the carnivore diet and found it so filling that I had a hard time getting enough calories to keep weight on. Is lemon squash a variety or you use lemon on squash?

I'm excited to see how the dietary changes work out for you and hope they're just what you needed. Experimenting is fun, but it's also nice not having to. :)

Last edited:

jet9

Hi @jet9! :) The same thing happens to me with veggie fiber. I'm not sure why but suspect it has to do with irritating my gut and/or it fed the SIBO. For combating anxiety/adrenaline from fruit, what I find most helpful is avoiding irritation, SIBO and low blood sugar so making sure the fruit is always ripe, cooking starchier fruit like apples and bananas, consuming more of my fruit as juice (fibers can fuel an overgrowth) and drinking it slowly, avoiding juice with added ingredients like citric/ascorbic acid, enzymes and flavor packs or going too long without sugar -- I get an initial adrenaline response when consuming some after hours of not having any -- and having a salted protein (maybe also some fat) when consuming larger amounts of fruit in one sitting.
Could you tell how you juice fruits ? Any particular juicer that you recommend ?

jet9

Hi @Richiebogie,

Haha! Quite Christmassy! I know I'm a recovering perfectionist, but I've taken the highly sought-after "ghost wipe" to a whole new level. But yeah, that's what I was thinking when I first saw white stools. I was consuming the ricotta with eggs so I figured the fat would have triggered the release of bile.

I'm thinking, more like hoping, that my duct isn't blocked. The last time my liver and gallbladder were checked (before reintroducing animal protein), the ultrasound did show gallstones but there was no blockage or inflammation of the duct and I'm not feeling any pain. My bilirubin level always comes back in range, not sure if that says anything other than I don't have jaundice?

I planned on taking the ox bile to see if it helps with clearing my liver and thyroid function so that I can tolerate muscle meat, and maybe even dairy, down the road. I might also try some of the homeopathic belladonna pellets I took while Peating 5 years ago, when I was trying anything and everything to tolerate dairy. Belladonna contains atropine which Ray told VoS relaxes the bile duct.

LOL It seems my inner fruitarian and carnivore are at odds with each other, too. I hope reducing the carbs and upping the eggs and beef helps! I can understand not wanting to eat that much beef daily. I ate similar amounts on the carnivore diet and found it so filling that I had a hard time getting enough calories to keep weight on. Is lemon squash a variety or you use lemon on squash?

I'm excited to see how the dietary changes work out for you and hope they're just what you needed. Experimenting is fun, but it's also nice not having to. :)
Jen, i think you know about this natural "remedy" but for gallstones you can use lemon and olive oil. (you can see lots of positive reports on earth clinic). I used it /using it for kidney stones too. (once i was eating too much spinach and it gave me kidney stones).

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Thanks for the suggestion, @jet9! I'll give the lemon juice and olive oil a shot. Ray mentioned having some olive oil to activate the gallbladder, and the atropine to relax the bile duct so between that and the ox bile, maybe some chanca piedra too, I should hopefully clear any possible stones I still have.

I use my vitamix (and a nut milk bag) to juice my fruit but when it dies, I plan on getting a slow speed cold press vertical juicer under 60 RPMs and decibles that's easy to clean and has a good warranty. Even better if it includes a fine filter for less pulp. Omega has a 15 year warranty on both the parts and motor but if you're looking for a more affordable option, I've seen some with a fairly good warranty on Amazon for half the price. John Kohler has some good comparison videos if you're interested:

DiscountJuicers.com

Amazoniac

After doing all I could think of — taking thyroid, bag breathing, going out at night for car rides to get cold air in my lungs, spending hours juicing all my fruit to avoid fiber etc. — I started to think it was over and after 12 years of fighting, I finally stopped trying. I spent the day packing my things in boxes in case I passed away. Letting go served me well because by the end of the day, I finally got a deep breath. I was so focused on packing my things up that I hadn't consumed anything the entire day and realized I hadn't had a single attack.
Tough times.

Your organization is remarkable:
- Jennifer's Cellular Regeneration Log
We should hang your posts on a wall and synthesize a paid exhibition.

I know your (not-yet-official) standards are high, therefore including brands is handy.
You must also be rich at this point because I've never witnessed so many sponsors in one post.

upload_2020-6-7_14-17-36.png

A few questions if you don't mind:
- How challenging was your adaptation to desiccated typhoid? I had an impression from reading your posts that you had bouts of hypermetabolism, was it stress-driven?
- Why did you opted for those specific collagen brands?
- How are you using venom D?

Thank you for sharing your journey.

Markus

Thanks for the suggestion, @jet9I use my vitamix (and a nut milk bag) to juice my fruit but when it dies, I plan on getting a slow speed cold press vertical juicer under 60 RPMs and decibles that's easy to clean and has a good warranty. Even better if it includes a fine filter for less pulp. Omega has a 15 year warranty on both the parts and motor but if you're looking for a more affordable option, I've seen some with a fairly good warranty on Amazon for half the price. John Kohler has some good comparison videos if you're interested:

DiscountJuicers.com
I've got a Green Star Elite 5000 and it's a great juicer. However, it is somewhat cumbersome to clean - especially when juicing very fibrous fruits and vegetables.