Low Toxin Diet Grant Genereux's Theory Of Vitamin A Toxicity

Hermes

Is there any reason to believe it's a good idea to supplement with copper aside from zinc? It's not like one gets big amounts of copper on a low VA diet (thinking of rice and beef as a staple). Or is it like with calcium wheres low VA stores spare copper...

Louise

Is there any reason to believe it's a good idea to supplement with copper aside from zinc? It's not like one gets big amounts of copper on a low VA diet (thinking of rice and beef as a staple). Or is it like with calcium wheres low VA stores spare copper...
I don't think it is a good idea unless you have a good blood test showing you are low, even then I might wait to see if copper changes favorably after doing the diet. I don't do well with supplements so I am probably somewhat biased.

Hermes

Well, I read some of Captain_Coconut's posts and he has had success with copper supplementation. And I thought why not give it a whirl. Not very deep into the biochemistry of copper but was curious the connection to VA. Maybe less is needed as more and more VA is excreted.

Louise

Well, I read some of Captain_Coconut's posts and he has had success with copper supplementation. And I thought why not give it a whirl. Not very deep into the biochemistry of copper but was curious the connection to VA. Maybe less is needed as more and more VA is excreted.
When I was doing supplements, I took zinc and not copper because of hair testing results. When I had blood labs done, my zinc was still extremely low and my copper over the acceptable range. Everyone is different and I don't think having vitamin A toxicity means that your copper will be low. I am convinced I had/have vitamin A toxicity and that might be why my zinc and copper status wasn't good. It could go wrong in other ways with other people with vitamin A toxicity but I suppose if you try it for a bit and you don't feel worse, you might be benefitting. You know your body better than anyone else of course. I think Bella wrote that she was low in both zinc and copper. Not sure how she delt with getting her copper up. @bella could you chime in? Sorry, forgot her name is blossom here, so @Blossom

Last edited:

Blossom

Forum Supporter
When I was doing supplements, I took zinc and not copper because of hair testing results. When I had blood labs done, my zinc was still extremely low and my copper over the acceptable range. Everyone is different and I don't think having vitamin A toxicity means that your copper will be low. I am convinced I had/have vitamin A toxicity and that might be why my zinc and copper status wasn't good. It could go wrong in other ways with other people with vitamin A toxicity but I suppose if you try it for a bit and you don't feel worse, you might be benefitting. You know your body better than anyone else of course. I think Bella wrote that she was low in both zinc and copper. Not sure how she delt with getting her copper up. @bella could you chime in? Sorry, forgot her name is blossom here, so @Blossom
My test results were from HTMA and blood work. The coach I worked with thought I only needed supplemental zinc due to the ratio. I probably took it for about a month and then just upped my red meat which seems to work better for me than the pills. I’m going to try to retest as soon as I can afford it but I feel really good.

thomas200

I took apple cider vinegar out of my daily routine completely for 2 days to see how I feel, my detox symptoms seem to have vanished o_O

Does blood sugar have anything to do with VA detox? ACV kept my blood sugar down, but it seems like im doing better without it which is odd. It is shown though that apple cider vinegar helps cleanse the liver

Would you all recommend me keeping it in my routine? because I'm thinking it helped speed detox which explains me feeling worse (or... this could all just be a coincidence. probably too early to tell).

Tarmander

I took apple cider vinegar out of my daily routine completely for 2 days to see how I feel, my detox symptoms seem to have vanished o_O

Does blood sugar have anything to do with VA detox? ACV kept my blood sugar down, but it seems like im doing better without it which is odd. It is shown though that apple cider vinegar helps cleanse the liver

Would you all recommend me keeping it in my routine? because I'm thinking it helped speed detox which explains me feeling worse (or... this could all just be a coincidence. probably too early to tell).

I think this diet is very experimental, and so I would tend to go with doing what makes you feel good, and not chasing "detox" that you are not even really sure is detox.

thomas200

I think this diet is very experimental, and so I would tend to go with doing what makes you feel good, and not chasing "detox" that you are not even really sure is detox.
thanks for that advice, i'm laying off apple cider vinegar and ill update what my results look like within the next month or 2.

Tarmander

Hey guys,

So I pretty comfortable saying I got through the detox phase or whatever it was that I was going through and causing so much asthma. I was at the point where my throat was sealing up, I had difficulty just walking my dog, and my O2 levels were around 91-92 on an oximeter. This was brought on by a couple months of getting 40 minutes or so of Sun per day, and vitamin D levels getting up into the mid 40s.

After trying probably 20-30 different supplements, and addressing Allergies, Gut issues, and low immunity all independently of each other, I have found the one or two things that fixed the breathing problems which are now non-existent.

•I switched the computer screen I usually stare into for a projector. For some reason staring at a screen made the breathing worse. I can stare at a projected image on the wall seemingly indefinitely. I am really excited about this. Software engineers and other people who stare at computer screens all day end up having health problems. Looking at a projected image could get around this.

•Nebulize 1cc of glutathione, which is around 200mg per day.

•While not a deciding factor. Jarrow's Broccomax seemed to actually help where as most other supplements did little.

I should also mention I received a vitamin C IV last week and while it does not seem to initially do anything, perhaps it helps in the long run. Glutathione and vitamin C are both antioxidants, so perhaps all of this came about in part by the Sun causing all kinds of ROS problems.

I wanted to share this in case anyone else gets to the point with their "detox" symptoms of debilitation.

Cirion

I agree with screens. Also fluorescent lights. Both of which most 9-5 jobs are rich in. The other day I noticed the second I averted my gaze from screens/fluourescant lighting to the outdoors from the window, that I felt some brain fatigue literally go away instantly, and it would immediately come back, and immediately go away again. I tested repeatedly to make sure it wasn't just placebo, like 10 times.

Cubicle jobs truly are the devil. Lol sigh. I honestly cannot retire soon enough. Hopefully bitcoin makes me rich LOL

Also yesterday I noticed watching TV was hurting my eyes/brain and shut it off earlier than usual. I think this weekend I will try not to watch much TV and see if some health problems don't improve.

Last edited:

Cirion

What projector did you get BTW? aren't they pricey? That might be worth doing for me too.

I believe staring at computer screens drains B2 at a rapid pace , I was reading that here the other day, and is possibly one of the reasons for the fatigue.

Tarmander

What projector did you get BTW? aren't they pricey? That might be worth doing for me too.

I believe staring at computer screens drains B2 at a rapid pace , I was reading that here the other day, and is possibly one of the reasons for the fatigue.

Not too bad for the cheapos. I would highly recommend it. I feel much healthier not staring at a screen at all.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HRLKLSS/ref=emc_b_5_t

Cirion

Not too bad for the cheapos. I would highly recommend it. I feel much healthier not staring at a screen at all.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HRLKLSS/ref=emc_b_5_t

nice... Thanks for making me spend another $80 after complaining last night that money seems to be leaking from my bank account the last couple months as it is lol.

I seriously spend as much money on health as I do my mortgage... Can't wait to get healthy so I can actually start properly investing money instead lol

Tarmander

nice... Thanks for making me spend another $80 after complaining last night that money seems to be leaking from my bank account the last couple months as it is lol.

I seriously spend as much money on health as I do my mortgage... Can't wait to get healthy so I can actually start properly investing money instead lol
You clip the 20% off coupon? Should have been just under 70

Cirion

Lol, somehow missed that.

Question - what is the food with the highest Vitamin K to vitamin A ratio?

postman

Lol, somehow missed that.

Question - what is the food with the highest Vitamin K to vitamin A ratio?
Some databases list celeriac as a very high vitamin K food, others do not, I don't know what is correct. Apparently cooking it affects the vitamin K content.

pepsi

I wonder if getting a blue light screen filter for the computer monitor would help? My eyes used to get red from sitting in front of 2 computer monitors all day, but I got the glasses that block blue light and they helped. Thats just protecting the eyes though, the blue light still hits the rest of the face all day. I think I might get one and try it out, hopefully not waste of money, Ive read on amazon a lot of people do have problems with glare.

Cirion

I dunno, I have FLUX on my home pc and it still bothers me to use it too long.

Tarmander

I wonder if getting a blue light screen filter for the computer monitor would help? My eyes used to get red from sitting in front of 2 computer monitors all day, but I got the glasses that block blue light and they helped. Thats just protecting the eyes though, the blue light still hits the rest of the face all day. I think I might get one and try it out, hopefully not waste of money, Ive read on amazon a lot of people do have problems with glare.

I used Flux and turned off all the blue light. Did not seem to help much.

Cirion

I used Flux and turned off all the blue light. Did not seem to help much.

Same. At first I thought maybe my TV/monitors were outputting some EMF, either electrical or RF, but it turns out the electrical field is only strong almost at point blank, and I don't have a smart TV so it doesn't emit RF, and I've already turned off the wi-fi on my router.

...Meanwhile posting while on my computer straining my eyes on my monitor... lol. Projector is ordered and on the way tho.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals