Permanently Fixing Hypothyroid Through Short Term T3

OP
ecstatichamster
today my temps have been really good all day with a minimum of T3. Yesterday I took aspirin (1g BID) and my temps were low all day despite gobbling loads of T3 and my HR was still under 100 (mostly under 90). Also I didn't nap yesterday even though usually I feel like taking one. I didn't fall asleep watching TV either.

Today it's great. Woke at 97.8 (highest in a long time) and it's been 98.6 to 99 all day so far. I probably only took 40 mcg of T3 so far.

Vinny

today my temps have been really good all day with a minimum of T3. Yesterday I took aspirin (1g BID) and my temps were low all day despite gobbling loads of T3 and my HR was still under 100 (mostly under 90). Also I didn't nap yesterday even though usually I feel like taking one. I didn't fall asleep watching TV either.

Today it's great. Woke at 97.8 (highest in a long time) and it's been 98.6 to 99 all day so far. I probably only took 40 mcg of T3 so far.
Cool!
Do u blame the aspirin for ur yesterday,s low temp?

OP
ecstatichamster
Cool!
Do u blame the aspirin for ur yesterday,s low temp?

Seems plausible.

Everyone’s different. I think aspirin can produce uncoupling and therefore increase heat, but perhaps it would be in a dosage higher than I took.

OP
ecstatichamster
Maintained good temperatures today and overnight. More and more encouraged.

Sometimes for whatever reason I forget to take T3 and my temperature has dived to 97.5F. Or even 97F. Not sure why. But I can see why Dr. Wilson stresses how you must never miss a dose “even by 3 minutes.”

Matt C

Sometimes for whatever reason I forget to take T3 and my temperature has dived to 97.5F. Or even 97F. Not sure why. But I can see why Dr. Wilson stresses how you must never miss a dose “even by 3 minutes.”

Well that would do it. I said above that it's weird he is so adamant about the danger of Wilson's reset therapy when I flicked through his pdf book online and he includes Denis Wilson as one of his sources along with Broda Barnes et cetera.

Just didn't seem logical that someone taking the right dose for their body would die.

Matt C

Oh wow, i need to be more scheduled then. I take a quarter pill when i wake and on in the evening but not at set times. i'll change that from now.

OP
ecstatichamster
I took aspirin yesterday and my body temperatures were far lower again, very difficult to raise.

Today woke at 97.7 and I’m on the right track. Probably give it another week at good temperatures and then wean off T3 and see what happens. If Dr. Wilson is correct, then my temperatures will stay higher without the T3 and without any thyroid supplementation.

OP
ecstatichamster
I’m taking about 125mcg to 150mcg per day...just FYI.

Most of the time I chew and swallow a 25mcg Tiromel. Sometimes I use 1/4 or so, but I find the whole pill works better in most cases.

Vinny

I took aspirin yesterday and my body temperatures were far lower again, very difficult to raise.
Why would aspirin give you that effect, Master Hamster?

OP
ecstatichamster
Why would aspirin give you that effect, Master Hamster?

I can only speculate.

Perhaps T3’s effects are partially through increasing stress hormones...perhaps the aspirin lowers those stress hormones and therefore temperatures...

Matt C

I think i found a site last night that sells slow release 5mcg T3. When I get home i'll post the link.

OP
ecstatichamster
So for about 2 weeks I have been taking 150mcg or so of T3 and largely maintaining temperatures as best I can. Waking at 97.5 and ending up around 98.6 or a bit higher during the day.

So now I'm weaning off T3. Today I took maybe 30mcg, spread out in little nibbles of the Tiromel during the day.

I was lethargic today but actually my temperatures stayed pretty high. In fact 99.5 now.

So my hopes and expectations are that I naturally will be in the low 98s or mid 98s or high 98s.

If I end up maybe around 98 or so, I can do a "Wilson Reset" as I call it, again, this time to 98.6F.

Vinny

So for about 2 weeks I have been taking 150mcg or so of T3 and largely maintaining temperatures as best I can. Waking at 97.5 and ending up around 98.6 or a bit higher during the day.

So now I'm weaning off T3. Today I took maybe 30mcg, spread out in little nibbles of the Tiromel during the day.

I was lethargic today but actually my temperatures stayed pretty high. In fact 99.5 now.

So my hopes and expectations are that I naturally will be in the low 98s or mid 98s or high 98s.

If I end up maybe around 98 or so, I can do a "Wilson Reset" as I call it, again, this time to 98.6F.
Fingers crossed, master hamster!
Did you notice any body composition change during the 150mcg T3 intake?

jagvel24

wellness pharmacy of cary in NC makes slow-release T3 , 1-month pack consistent with Dr. Wilson's recommendation of taper up and down.
it's well packaged and easy to follow.

OP
ecstatichamster
wellness pharmacy of cary in NC makes slow-release T3 , 1-month pack consistent with Dr. Wilson's recommendation of taper up and down.
it's well packaged and easy to follow.

Good to know. But they require a prescription. Alas.

Jing

So for about 2 weeks I have been taking 150mcg or so of T3
How much are you eating a day ? Also is 150mcg effecting your sleep? Even just 12.5mcg makes me wake up hungry in the night, I couldn't imagine how bad it would be with 150mcg lol

OP
ecstatichamster
How much are you eating a day ? Also is 150mcg effecting your sleep? Even just 12.5mcg makes me wake up hungry in the night, I couldn't imagine how bad it would be with 150mcg lol

probably 2500 calories. No trouble sleeping.

Sometimes when I would wake up, and eat, I'd feel just so lethargic. I think from low stress hormones.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals