I've Taken 1 Gram Of Cyproheptadine Over 12 Months

OP
Herbie

Herbie

Thanks for the write up! So do you feel positives have stuck around? Or did you go back to the way you were? Lose appetite? Not sleep as well?
I've been on it for 8 months, 1mg and under though, I can't wake up in the morning if I take more than that. So even such a low dose I feel like my reaction times are slower, did you have that on lower doses? It really is an incredible drug.

I feel the positives have stuck around. My appetite is good and changed from small frequent meals to 2-3 larger meals spread out. Sleep is good, no waking up or issues falling asleep and refreshed upon waking.

The lowest I went was 1mg and had the heaviness in the morning and a bit slow but not as much as 4mg.

OP
Herbie

Herbie

OP, What time of the night do you take it?

I have been trying my <1mg doses around 4-5PM in the hope that waking will be easier (i.e. it has worn off, if that is how it even works). The patent file states the best results are potentially if you take the cypro before bed though.

I liked taking it just before bed, I tried taking it earlier in the evening but I sometimes I would find it difficult to fall asleep and if I took it after lunch I would need a nap.

tomisonbottom

Hi, Ive used OTC Periactin and tried dosages ranging from 1mg up to 36mg in one day.

I chose to use it based on symptoms I had and felt that it would be beneficial. I used to be in a fog and had a hard time concentrating on achieving tasks and making decisions, unstable in my mind and reactive and felt to be in a high adrenaline/serotonin state, poor digestion and general unhealthy feeling most of my time from teenage years and 30 now.

Over the 12 months I feel the cyproheptadine had a big impact on my physiology in my mind and body I feel its helped my hair as I have a lot more hair now.

On the digestion, it is robust now like I remember it from being a child, no pain, no tenderness upon palpation on the organs as was previously, no bloating, stomach is flat and no issues with wheat or dairy even mixed together, I can eat a McDonalds meal and am absolutely fine.

This is great!
The digestion part is especially interesting to me. What were your digestive issues before.....bloating, irregularity, etc?

And how long did it take to normalize?

EIRE24

This is great!
The digestion part is especially interesting to me. What were your digestive issues before.....bloating, irregularity, etc?

Yes I was just about to ask the same question

walker_in_aus

I am also interested in the gut stuff. I cannot seem to budge the lower intestinal inflammation - Upper is great now, garlic juice, cascara and chewing my food seems to have immediate effects.

I found edible cannabis helps a little but it's a hassle and illegal and I don't want to be stoned all the time!

Fetch

After initial constipation cypro made me very regular 3-4 times a day. A little excessive but a good thing after years of constipation. I had issues with constipation for 5 years or so. Cypro really helped me out with it and was the first thing to break me out of the cycle without being a laxative like cascara. I was taking 12 mg a day but I think 4mg would have probably worked for the constipation.

This is going to sound stupid but I have to use large public bathrooms or port potties at work and I was kind of uncomfortable or grossed out on a number of levels (splash back in a port potty isn't fun). Cypro makes you not give a ***t like normal people so that was helpful also.

OP
Herbie

Herbie

This is great!

Yeah bloating, irregularity, sometimes cramps or issues combining different foods so feeling uncomfortable and maybe a bit slow. Now I maintain a 29inch waist and eat whatever I want and combine anything together like grains and dairy for example.

I can't remember when I noticed it because I did put some weight on from the cypro but after stopping the use of it I really started to notice the benefits.

tomisonbottom

After initial constipation cypro made me very regular 3-4 times a day. A little excessive but a good thing after years of constipation. I had issues with constipation for 5 years or so. Cypro really helped me out with it and was the first thing to break me out of the cycle without being a laxative like cascara. I was taking 12 mg a day but I think 4mg would have probably worked for the constipation.

This is going to sound stupid but I have to use large public bathrooms or port potties at work and I was kind of uncomfortable or grossed out on a number of levels (splash back in a port potty isn't fun). Cypro makes you not give a ***t like normal people so that was helpful also.

Wow, that's very interesting because so many people worry or complain about the constipation issue. Interesting to hear it did the opposite for you.

How long till it made you regular and can I ask how long you took 12 mg? That's a lot.

LUH 3417

Right; it's probably possible to do 1 gram in about a week. Just 20 mg every four hours or so. I've done so at one point. Maybe I hit 80 mg daily for a few days.
@DaveFoster does tolerance to large doses of cyproheptadine indicate that one is running on stress hormones? I am curious why some people experience sedation at 1mg and less. Last night I took 8mg and while I definitely felt calmer this morning I am in no sense more tired than if I hadn’t take it and my sleep was not much different than any other night without cypro. I’ve taken up to 30g of cypro and then stopped, and when I start up again months later it seems like I still have a very high tolerance for the drug. Wondering if you have any insight.

DaveFoster

@DaveFoster does tolerance to large doses of cyproheptadine indicate that one is running on stress hormones? I am curious why some people experience sedation at 1mg and less. Last night I took 8mg and while I definitely felt calmer this morning I am in no sense more tired than if I hadn’t take it and my sleep was not much different than any other night without cypro. I’ve taken up to 30g of cypro and then stopped, and when I start up again months later it seems like I still have a very high tolerance for the drug. Wondering if you have any insight.
Yeah, I think so.

MCurtone

@Herbie @haidut

Can someone explain to me how Cypro could bring such immense digestive benefits? This is very interesting and I'd like to understand the biochemistry behind it.

Waynish

@Herbie @haidut

Can someone explain to me how Cypro could bring such immense digestive benefits? This is very interesting and I'd like to understand the biochemistry behind it.

I don't think anyone can tell you absolutely. For example, histamine could be causing an anti-metabolic process halting digestion.

DaveFoster

@Herbie @haidut

Cyproheptadine acts as an antagonist of the 5-HT3C receptor, the activation of which excites the nerves throughout the gut and stimulates the intestine so as to often cause loose stools. The drug also opposes some of the actions of beta-endorphin, which disrupts the integrity of the "tight junctions" lining the intestine. When tight junctions function incorrectly, the intestinal wall becomes more permeable, which allows particles to pass into the blood stream, where they trigger an immune response. Beta-endorphin also tends to cause constipation (incontinence), which causes a dramatic increase in inflammation. Lastly, the drug opposes the actions of the toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) protein, which itself tends to mediate the symptoms of gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).

Blue09

I took 4mg every day for a month to gain weight and it worked very very well but I was a walking zombie and it also made me quite angry, I think my libido lowered aswell. I really want to take it again as I have loads in my kitchen still but I hated that I can't be bothered to move feeling. OP Interesting that it helped your hair tho. There must be a way to atleast help negate the drowsiness.

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
I have used 2mg of Cypro for the past 5 nights now, and all I can say is WOW.

It's an amazing drug.

I have been able to digest basically anything. My stools are perfect.

I noticed initial grogginess/lethargy but now my energy is much better. My libido is stronger too. In fact, now I am going to use 1mg for a little longer and then stop apruptly.

This has been the strongest tool to combat the PSSD that ashwagandha caused me. I can feel things again, music.

I have been combining alongside the herbal Cistanche extract that I've mentioned, so I think that's helped keep my dopamine nice and high.

I also combined with artichoke extract to keep my liver in good shape.

My strength in the gym on day 4-5 came back, pumps disappear when acutely using cypro, but improves days after use. Weird.

Actually here's my entire write up:

This drug is life changing, for me.

But not like many other drugs. In fact, its never something I actively looked forward to taking. Instead, I actually looked forward to what it does following its use.

Eg. How I feel on the withdrawal of the drug.

It makes me feel so fearless and numb on the drug, as in, I can’t feel any emotions, and my appetite goes through the roof.
There’s an immediate strengthening effect on digestive capacity.

But never did I ever think that there would be a drug that is to be used to RECALIBRATE the brain over time, to recover from this enduring PSSD. It feels like it reconnects that cosy/soft spot of the brain that is required to FEEL music, to feel hot water on skin, to be cosy on the couch, imagine living a life where you can no longer even enjoy relaxing, or having a hot bath, because there’s no emotional response to it, there’s no depth. This is what PSSD has been for me.
But, when the cypro wears off, you feel your YOUNG self re-emerging and all of a sudden FEELINGS come back.
My logic and verbal fluency improve on cypro.

It definitely has its side effects.
Ravenous appetite, minor headaches in the mornings, grogginess/sleepiness (This wears off after repeated use). Eventually, it leaves you feeling resilient and adaptable. Less triggered, much more in control and in tune with your mind, there’s no scatter feeling, you feel clear and hear your own voice, however, your background mind chatter is completely gone when conversing with other people.

Stop thinking about the future. I find myself way more PRESENT on cypro.

ebs

I have used 2mg of Cypro for the past 5 nights now, and all I can say is WOW.

It's an amazing drug.

I have been able to digest basically anything. My stools are perfect.

I noticed initial grogginess/lethargy but now my energy is much better. My libido is stronger too. In fact, now I am going to use 1mg for a little longer and then stop apruptly.

This has been the strongest tool to combat the PSSD that ashwagandha caused me. I can feel things again, music.

I have been combining alongside the herbal Cistanche extract that I've mentioned, so I think that's helped keep my dopamine nice and high.

I also combined with artichoke extract to keep my liver in good shape.

My strength in the gym on day 4-5 came back, pumps disappear when acutely using cypro, but improves days after use. Weird.

Actually here's my entire write up:

This drug is life changing, for me.

But not like many other drugs. In fact, its never something I actively looked forward to taking. Instead, I actually looked forward to what it does following its use.

Eg. How I feel on the withdrawal of the drug.

It makes me feel so fearless and numb on the drug, as in, I can’t feel any emotions, and my appetite goes through the roof.
There’s an immediate strengthening effect on digestive capacity.

But never did I ever think that there would be a drug that is to be used to RECALIBRATE the brain over time, to recover from this enduring PSSD. It feels like it reconnects that cosy/soft spot of the brain that is required to FEEL music, to feel hot water on skin, to be cosy on the couch, imagine living a life where you can no longer even enjoy relaxing, or having a hot bath, because there’s no emotional response to it, there’s no depth. This is what PSSD has been for me.
But, when the cypro wears off, you feel your YOUNG self re-emerging and all of a sudden FEELINGS come back.
My logic and verbal fluency improve on cypro.

It definitely has its side effects.
Ravenous appetite, minor headaches in the mornings, grogginess/sleepiness (This wears off after repeated use). Eventually, it leaves you feeling resilient and adaptable. Less triggered, much more in control and in tune with your mind, there’s no scatter feeling, you feel clear and hear your own voice, however, your background mind chatter is completely gone when conversing with other people.

Stop thinking about the future. I find myself way more PRESENT on cypro.

You're a great salesman. :smiley: Lately I've been thinking about giving this a try so posts like this help.

What are the best brands for this besides Idealabs? OP was talking about pills...

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
You're a great salesman. :smiley: Lately I've been thinking about giving this a try so posts like this help.

What are the best brands for this besides Idealabs? OP was talking about pills...

This is my experience with it haha.

I am super grateful to have known about Cypro through this forum

I got it from my father's chemist lol.

Now, I have this suspiscion that Cypro can deplete something in the body, whether that's a vitamin or nutrient I am not sure.

Idealabs using @haidut Cyproheptadine would be extremely high quality. This guy is a genius.

I would not combine Cypro and Aspirin since both have potent blood thinning effects. I took Cypro daily for some time but wasn't really aware of that. When I experimented with Aspirin, I always got heavy gum bleedings. (I could suck blood from between my teeth throughout the day.)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals