Remineralising Teeth

yerrag

I could use some help remineralizing teeth.

I was surprised my dentist showed me my front teeth had some signs of enamel being worn out. Since he's been my dentist for a long time, that he noticed for the first time meant that there was something I've been doing/eating that was wearing down my enamel. I thought long and hard about it. At first thought I was drinking Coke and that the phosphoric acid was causing it. But nah, even if I was drinking more Coke than usual (as it's Peaty), I wouldn't be drinking that much to cause it.

Since I've been eating cooked greens for a while now, and eating it soaked in vinegar with chopped tomatoes and onions, the way some Filipinos from the north do (Ilocanos) do it, I think it must have been the vinegar that caused my teeth to demineralize. Other possibilities that could add to the acid exposure to my teeth - taking ascorbic acid powder mixed in water (I take 4 x 1 grams daily) and taking ACV (2 teaspoon with 2 tsp sugar in a glass of water) each morning.

Would these cause demineralization of the enamel?

sweetpeat

Would these cause demineralization of the enamel?
Absolutely! vinegar/ACV/ascorbic acid are all very bad for the tooth surface. I don't know if rinsing after using those things is enough. You could try it if you're not already doing so. For me, I prefer to not let them touch my teeth at all. But I may be being overly cautious. I have had success remineralizing my teeth using Dr. Ellie's program: This Is A Big Piece Of The Health Puzzle

@yerrag are you nose breathing all the time? Especially at night?

In my experience, demineralization happens for mouth breathers quite a lot. Their CO2 is low, and they are not exposing their teeth to constant mineralizing saliva.

CO2 levels, through bag breathing or Buteyko, can remineralize bone. I had it happen to me. My periodontal pockets are no longer deep because the jaw bone grew back. This isn’t directly connected with the tooth crowns, but somewhat connected.

Mossy

Interesting. Any thoughts about the anti-Peat aspects of arginine? Maybe using it this way, not ingesting it, would be ok. I have a large portion of arginine that I don’t use, but could add it to my homemade toothpaste.
I can attest that this chart is accurate. At 8%, arginine does make my normal wash, of baking soda, calcium carbonate and xylitol, bitter. I’ll be adding more xylitol to sweeten it up.

Mossy

I can attest that this chart is accurate. At 8%, arginine does make my normal wash, of baking soda, calcium carbonate and xylitol, bitter. I’ll be adding more xylitol to sweeten it up.
It seems I'm getting a slight NO effect, from the arginine. It negatively effects my breathing, making it more rapid. I don't rinse after using the wash, which is likely the problem. I may try adding lysine or another amino acid to counter the arginine, unless someone could show that that is counter productive to remineralizing.

kyle

Yes, it’s very helpful. I hadn’t read the label on the closys but I knew TSP was a common ingredient in various remineralizing toothpastes. It would be nice to make something myself that works just because closys gets expensive.

Closys leaves a weird residue with a chlorine-y feeling in my throat, even a day later. It does work, I suppose, maybe better product than others but I'm interested in the mineral/saliva theories.

I'm wondering if anyone actually experimented with the baking soda/TSP method and had more to say on this.

@Mossy I personally wouldn't mess with isolated proteins, period, let alone ones possibly converting to NO.

SQu

bsolutely! vinegar/ACV/ascorbic acid are all very bad for the tooth surface. I don't know if rinsing after using those things is enough.
I have sensitive eroded teeth that otherwise are very good.Recently the erosion got worse, I'm pretty sure because of fruit and probably not enough K2 because I'm not crazy about green veg but I love fruit, and I haven't yet sorted out a good k2 source. I was always rinsing with milk after fruit, but looks like that did not do enough.
So I'm very interested in remineralizing, but hesitant to risk more erosion. I'm trying to neutralize cooked fruit and OJ with bicarb.

Mossy

Closys leaves a weird residue with a chlorine-y feeling in my throat, even a day later. It does work, I suppose, maybe better product than others but I'm interested in the mineral/saliva theories.

I'm wondering if anyone actually experimented with the baking soda/TSP method and had more to say on this.

@Mossy I personally wouldn't mess with isolated proteins, period, let alone ones possibly converting to NO.
I think you have a valid point, about not measing with those, especially the ones that are pro-NO. That study made it so appealing, with remineralizing results. Not to mention, I have the arginine on hand, from my pre-Peat days—I don’t have the TSP.

My brother has been doing the baking soda and TSP and says he thinks it works well. A few months back he was complaining of tooth pain, so I suggested this combo. I saw him last weekend and he says he has no more pain and he likes the way it makes his mouth and teeth feel. The only caveat I have is, that he’s using the TSP that also includes sodium carbonate. My only thought is that a pure TSP may produce quicker or better results.

LeeLemonoil

7-methylxanthine is also found in cocoa and was investigated and shows promise to prevent myopis by modulating sclereal Collagen and also functions associated with the adenosine receptor.

Maybe this xanthine has general positive effects on structure/tissue

GorillaHead

I made my own concoction of xylitol. Trisodium phosphate and baking soda.

Black stuff did come out.

And can confirm this is an amazing rinse. Like wow. Teeth are white after a few days and interestingly enough my gums seems to have grown or something. Idk but they def seem like they recovered from very minor recession How is this not a mixture being sold on the market

Mossy

And can confirm this is an amazing rinse. Like wow. Teeth are white after a few days and interestingly enough my gums seems to have grown or something. Idk but they def seem like they recovered from very minor recession How is this not a mixture being sold on the market

I’d be curious to know what TSP you’re using. I see that the hardware store variety is much cheaper than food grade, but tends to have additional ingredients, such as sodium carbonate.

GorillaHead

I’d be curious to know what TSP you’re using. I see that the hardware store variety is much cheaper than food grade, but tends to have additional ingredients, such as sodium carbonate.

I bought
TriSodium Phosphate Anhydrous (TSP) - US Food Grade Granular, 12 oz from Amazon.

Mossy

I bought
TriSodium Phosphate Anhydrous (TSP) - US Food Grade Granular, 12 oz from Amazon.
Ok, thanks. That is the same one I have in mind.

Inaut

that tony pantallersco used the one you can buy from home depot...

edit**it looked like the one you can buy at home depot. I think to be on the safe side just buy food grade.

also, whoever mentioned the salt making the teeth more porous... maybe that enables the phosphate to enter the teeth more effectively. I want to try this but am wondering if i should stick to my xylitol, cocoa, sea salt mixture for now to see what happens.

more then one way to skin a cat?

Last edited:

Mossy

that tony pantallersco used the one you can buy from home depot...

edit**it looked like the one you can buy at home depot. I think to be on the safe side just buy food grade.

also, whoever mentioned the salt making the teeth more porous... maybe that enables the phosphate to enter the teeth more effectively. I want to try this but am wondering if i should stick to my xylitol, cocoa, sea salt mixture for now to see what happens.

more then one way to skin a cat?
You could just add the TSP to that mixture. The benefit of all ingredients.

Inaut

So is tsp phosphoric acid essentially...?? I guess it’s the basic form of it?

Just looked up the msds sheet for the recochem brand of TSP and it’s purity is 100%.

Bought some at Home Depot for like 5 bucks. Same brand as the one used by Tony in his video.

Mossy

So is tsp phosphoric acid essentially...?? I guess it’s the basic form of it?

Just looked up the msds sheet for the recochem brand of TSP and it’s purity is 100%.

Bought some at Home Depot for like 5 bucks. Same brand as the one used by Tony in his video.
Due to budget reasons, I would be very tempted to go with the cheaper hardware store version, if I could find it locally. I don’t see the recochem brand on Home Depot’s website. Maybe it’s in-store only.

Inaut

I doesn’t say recochem anywhere in the images shown on the website but when I flipped it around I found the brand. If it’s the Green/Blue milk carton looking brand, that’s the one

Mossy

I doesn’t say recochem anywhere in the images shown on the website but when I flipped it around I found the brand. If it’s the Green/Blue milk carton looking brand, that’s the one
Ok. Thanks.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals