Pickled Cucumber (Dill Pickles) As A Peaty Snack?

Fractality

First off, cucumbers are considered a fruit, not a vegetable for those wondering why I posted in this section! Anyways, I perceive these to be non-harmful, does anyone else? They contain a decent amount of vitamin K, sodium (especially in the more sour ones), vinegar. I suppose the main risk from a Peat perspective is that they are raw, and could have a probiotic effect. However, in my experience they do not feel like eating other raw vegetables. Perhaps with the vinegar/brine/garlic they have a slight antibiotic effect?

Last edited:
OP
Fractality

Fractality

You're probably right, but RP has said that in small amounts and for healthy individuals, lactic acid isn't a concern.

Tenacity

Yeah...lactic acid isn't listed on the jar I have.
My mistake, I thought all pickles were produced via fermentation, which makes lactic acid. Apparently another way to make pickles is simply to store them in vinegar, without fermentation. So, it would depend if these pickles were fermented or not. A non-fermented pickle is likely safe.

LiveWire

Slavs always eat meat with starch (potatoes or rice). But so do most Germans. Pickles are just in there as a secondary side dish, usually not in large amounts.

SOMO

I love European-style dill pickles.

Ultimate snack, salty, sour and crunchy.

The acidity comes mainly from Acetic Acid, not lactic acid.

And most pickles are NOT Lacto-fermented, thus no lactic acid.

Broken man

I love European-style dill pickles.

Ultimate snack, salty, sour and crunchy.

The acidity comes mainly from Acetic Acid, not lactic acid.

And most pickles are NOT Lacto-fermented, thus no lactic acid.
Me too.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals