Instead Of Lowering Blood Pressure, Why Not Increase Heart Rate Instead?

Amazoniac

Adding to your considerations:

- Recent progress in the treatment of vascular calcification

"There is experimental evidence that acidosis may reduce vascular calcification. In uremic rats fed a high phosphorus diet and treated with calcitriol, aortic calcification was prevented by metabolic acidosis that was induced by dietary ammonium chloride.[113] An alkaline pH augments calcification of rat aortas in culture[28] and even transient increases in pH equivalent to those occurring during hemodialysis significantly increased calcification. This raises the possibility that the practice of alkaline loading during hemodialysis may contribute to vascular calcification."​

- Calcium supplements: bad for the heart? (if I'm not wrong, this was already posted elsewhere)

"Dietary calcium is taken in small amounts spread throughout the day, usually together with fat and protein. As a result, it is absorbed slowly, causing little change in serum calcium levels.[19] In contrast, the large boluses of calcium used as supplements produce substantial increases in serum calcium, frequently raising levels above the normal range.[20] Thus, if high-normal serum calcium levels can accelerate atherogenesis, then supplements might have a similar effect, by producing high-normal serum calcium levels for some hours after each dose. Similar pulses of hypercalciuria are thought to mediate the increase in stone risk with calcium, whereas dietary calcium interferes with absorption of dietary components (eg, oxalate), which themselves contribute to stone formation."​

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Thanks Amazoniac. Gosh, many things to read and then evaluate and then decide to whether to keep or to discard, which is the hardest part of it all. As usual, thanks for the links, which I don't know where you'd find the time to get a fresh supply of reading material to burden me with.

The ultimate challenge, when it comes to unclogging arteries, is in the capillaries, and the organ that presents the most challenge is the kidneys. If one can unclog the capillaries of plaque (or calcification, or whatever else form is presented), then one can can easily handle any atherosclerotic condition regardless of vessel size or organ the vessel is attached to.

Plugged major arteries (such as a carotid artery) can easily be detected by ultrasound, for example, but with plugged capillaries in any organ, there is no chance an ultrasound will detect a developing capillary atherosclerosis and it becomes a matter of declaring an organ healthy unless the organ is in an advanced pathological state. I seriously doubt that the use of vitamin C and lysine can effect the needed unclogging of capillary blockage of any vital organ, especially that of the kidneys. The kidneys, in my opinion, always suffer the worst/most advanced case of capillary atherosclerosis, and it's because just the kidneys alone, receive about 21% of the blood circulation volume.

Has anyone ever reversed a chronic kidney condition? Most likely the answer is no, as most of the time the kidney is in an advanced state of disrepair that the condition is considered irreversible. At best, one could keep the dysfunction from progressing. But in the case of an early stage chronic kidney disease, which is my case, I would like to believe that there is a way to reverse the disease.

In my opinion, it has to start with treating it as an atherosclerotic condition that just happens to be located at the glomerular capillaries of the kidneys. What's so special about this case? First, this is where there is a disproportionate volume of blood flows through. When the flow is constricted, blood pressure is increased, and kidney dysfunction would be where most of the high blood pressure is coming from. Secondly, the kidneys consume plenty of energy to do it job as the body's major filter, and when plaque robs from the kidneys the supply of oxygen and nutrients, the kidneys will have to adapt. In the process, the kidneys would end up producing lactic acid out of producing energy inefficiently using the anaerobic glycolytic pathway. The lactic acid is excreted in urine in place of uric acid, and this causes uric acid to build up in the body.

This is how I would explain why in my blood tests, serum LDH is slightly high (LDH is the enzyme for anaerobic glycolysis), why inspite of lactic acid production my serum lactate is low (the lactic acid by product of anaerobic glycolysis in the kidneys is quickly excreted), and why my serum uric acid is high.

My job is to remove the plaque in the kidney's glomerular capillaries. My job is made slightly easier now since I've removed the cause of plaque, which came from a previously hidden source of chronic bacterial infection, the periodontal pockets. Now, I'm dealing with the remnants of the antigen and the antibodies used to counter it in the form of plaque that lines by kidney capillaries (as well as capillaries of other organs, but the plaque in the kidneys is the most developed and advanced and hence, the worst case).

My strategy is to : 1) take in substances that will dissolve the plaque; 2) ensure the blood (that carries these substances) reach deeply into the capillaries; and 3) ensure that the kidneys experience no diminution in energy in doing its work, and 4) ensure that the metabolic pathway employed to produce that energy does not produce by-products that interfere with the kidney's work of filtering toxic substances.

Vitamin C and lysine will help, but I'll also rely on proteolytic enzymes to lyse the protein structures in plaque; magnesium and b6 and vitamin k2 to eat away at the calcified portions of plaque; cyclodextrins to enable macrophages to eat away the cholesteryl ester portions of plaque; and antibiotics (minocycline maybe) to remove biofilms and bacteria and endotoxins around the lining of the capillaries.

On the subject of energy, I'm considering the use of a ketogenic diet to make my kidneys less reliant on having to turn to using the anaerobic glycolytic pathway to produce energy. Still figuring this one out.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

As
Dr. Prendergast claims to successfully treat atherosclerosis and kidney disease using l-arginine + vitamin D in his patients. That coincides with this study on glomerulosclerosis:
Long-term dietary L-arginine supplementation attenuates proteinuria and focal glomerulosclerosis in experimental chronic renal transplant failure. - PubMed - NCBI

Dr. Prendergast can be found talking about this treatment and related information on youtube.

Going back on this thread, as I have lately seen my heart rate go way up to the 90's without so much as trying to. In another thread Taking Enzymes To Lyse Plaque, BP Rising, WBC, Urinating A Lot-Frustrated , I had experienced unexpected reactions to taking enzymes, in the form of extremely frequent urinations and a drastic jump in my wbc and neutrophil levels, indicative of a strong immune response.

In the ensuing two weeks, I stopped cold turkey and let everything slowly settle down. My urination has decreased a lot as my wbc and neutrophil levels subsided, and I just started to take doxycycline. The first day at 2 x 100mg, and then today at 100mg/day.

I was already taking vitamin C, NAC, selenium, b-complex, vitamin D, vitamin E, vitamin K2, oregano oil w/coconut oil, and also breathing in diffused oregano oil while asleep. Also having topical pregnenolone and DHEA. I was slowly adding these in, and observing changes. It wasn't until I took doxycycline that my heart rate revved up, rising from the mid 70s to the high 80s to the high 90s.

I suspect that it wasn't just the doxy, but adding it pushed my system to a relative overdrive as seen in the heart rate increase. I think I'm in the right direction as my heart rate is increased, even though my blood pressure stayed high. The latest bp I have just now is 200/128 with hr at 83. The bp is high, but the hr is high as well, and I think this is a good thing. The heart rate needed to be high to begin with, as it indicates energy abundance, which is needed for healing to work its way. While the high blood pressure can be considered alarming, I take solace that my pulse pressure at 72 (Ray Peat says 50 is good), while high, is accompanied by a high heart rate.

I'm keeping track of a ratio I devised, the pulse pressure/heart rate, and the lower it gets, the better. Currently, it's at 72/83. For a long time, this ratio has been above 1, and has even reached 1.5. As I keep track, I am hoping one day to get to 50/80 or 0.625 and lower.

Anyway, my point here is that focusing on a high heart rate could be a more viable approach to dealing with lowering blood pressure than to immediately focusing squarely on lowering the blood pressure. My reasoning goes this way: A heart rate increase means higher mitochondrial respiratory activity. In a system deprived of adequate antio-oxidant stores, mitochondrial respiration is slowed down because not enough anti-oxidants are available to counter the oxidative stresses from the ROS by-production inherent in mitochondrial respiration. As anti-oxidant stores become more abundant, mitochondrial respiration is unshackled from the restraint imposed by low anti-oxidant stores.

When I took doxycycline, it probably helped lessen the need for a strong innate immune system response as the antibiotic lessened the chronic bacterial infection load to be dealt with my neutrophils and macrophages. With that, less phagocytic activity is needed, and less ROS are produced for the respiratory burst needed to kill bacteria. With that, less spillover ROS damage to adjoining tissues needed to be dealt with by the body's anti-oxidant stores. This freed up anti-oxidant stores for use to assist with mitochondrial respiration, and so my metabolism increased, as seen in higher heart rates.

With abundant energy production restored, my body is better equipped to heal itself. The higher blood pressure is needed to transport substances more effectively to supply my tissues, and to carry out metabolic waste. It is a given that my vascular system isn't optimal and there are friction losses from having narrow passages due to plaque blocking the passages. But with the help of enzymes and other substances, a slow lysing of plaque can take effect so that over time passages are widened, and blood pressure can revert slowly back to normal. I've learned that it's important to accompany the enzymes with antibiotics, as bacteria is released as plaque is lysed, and antibiotics will keep plaque from reforming again as a protective response to bacterial infection unleashed.

With that as a segue, I can now respond to your suggestion for L-arginine supplementation by asking what you think of this Dr.Wong supplement: TMG-DMG Plus from Dr. William Wong

Let me know if TMG-DMG Plus can be better thant L-Arginine. Thanks.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

I wanted to update this thread by saying that my approach to dealing with hypertension by increasing heart rate is making more and more sense. It is counter-intuitive to go about it this way, but looking sound as I experiment further.

Using heart rate as a proxy for mitochondrial respiration, I'm finding that I've been able to achieve higher metabolism when I take doxycycline. This leads me to think that bacterial infection in my blood vessels has a direct effect on the rate of mitochondrial respiration. The more serious the infection, the lower the heart rate. How would infection affect metabolism, you may ask? Infection causes an innate immune response, and the response involves destroying bacteria. Destroying bacteria involves phagocytosis, and phagocytosis requires the production of free radicals to kill bacteria. However, these free radicals cannot be fully contained by the white blood cells (specifically neutrophils and macrophages from monocytes) and surrounding tissues could be destroyed. So anti-oxidants such as glutathione (GSH-reduced glutathione) are used to neutralize the oxidative stress. Since the body has limited anti-oxidant stores, the body ends up with a lower amount of anti-oxidant stores.

Lower anti-oxidant stores result in lower mitochondrial energy production. This is because mitochondrial respiration involves production of free radicals as part of the process. With limited anti-oxidant stores available to neutralize the oxidative stress, the rate of mitochondrial respiration would have to be limited. Mitochondrial respiration is thus downregulated in order to protect the mitochondria from damage. This would explain why the use of antibiotics can help increase metabolism, as seen in the increase in heart rate.

It's important to know that infection can cause heart rate to be low. When we ask ourselves how we could increase our heart rate, rarely do we consider the effect of infection on our heart rate. Which is why I'm sharing my own personal discovery on this subject. It's important that we consider this aspect, as the tendency in our space here is to focus on improving our metabolism with substances that do not involve antibacterials. I myself have wondered why my heart rate rarely goes above the low 70s, but as I use antibacterials (note I refer to antibacterials instead of antibiotics as antibiotics is just a subset of the antibacterials) I find to my pleasant surprise that I'm reaching a heart rate as high as 95.

On this note, I want to share my recent experience with the use of topical turpentine. I had been using doxycycline 2 x 100mg for 3 weeks, and had been thinking during this time about the repercussions of extended usage of this antibiotic. It has been very helpful as it has helped keep bacterial infection low (due to bacteria being released as I lyse away plaque with proteolytic enzymes). But I had to find a natural substance that can stand in for doxycycline, and I thought about using turpentine. Since I have used oregano essential oil lately and gotten to know more about terpenes, I began to think about using turpentine, as it also has terpenes. It's always been in the back of my mind to try turpentine, as I've listened to Dr. Jennifer Daniels. But I've been hampered by the difficulty of finding it, until last week. It turns out I could order it online from a local source in Manila, and last week I got a 125ml bottle of it (Lukas Balsam Terpentinol- from Germany) from a dealer of art supplies. I initially wanted to take it orally (1 tsp with 12 grams of sugar, equivalent to 3 sugar cubes), but I demurred. I didn't really have any intestinal issues, so thought better not to take it orally. Instead I thought of applying it topically all over my body. That turpentine is used in Vicks Vaporub, and since I've used Vicks Vaporub before as a child for cold and cough comfort, I thought it would be safe to try it. So I applied 1 tsp of it over my body. I used 1 tsp each day for two days, and on the third day, I decided to increase the dosage to 2 x 1 tsp - morning and evening.

It really did improve my heart rate. I didn't feel any side effects. However, initially it would raise my blood pressure, but it didn't increase my pulse pressure. In fact, the pulse pressure went down most of the time. However, I would later see my blood pressure subside to lower levels (not normal yet though). But I don't want to go deep into my project of lowering my blood pressure, as it gets more involved and it's still work in progress, and it's covered in my blog in another thread.

But I just want to bring up the use of turpentine for topical use. Since many of us are already familiar with the benefits of using substances topically thanks to haidut's products, I wanted to share my experience of using turpentine so its use can be considered in helping raise our metabolic rate. Certainly my context is not everyone's but there may be similarities in other people's context where the use of turpentine topically could be beneficial.

khan

Is it possible that niacinamide increases blood pressure in the beginning but becomes fine after few weeks of taking it?

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Been taking chlorine dioxide: Molecular Iodine: Could This Be A Game Changer For Dentistry?

I couldn't believe how this is increasing my heart rate by leaps. It has however increased my blood pressure greatly as well.

When I started this thread, by heart rate was 54 waking and during the day it was 68. My blood pressure was at 180/12o.

Now, by waking heart rate is 72 and during the day 85. But my blood pressure has increased to 216/150.

I'm suspecting at taking this oxidant is lowering my internal bacteria load, thus requiring less phagocytosis by neutrophils and macrophages. With less ROS production and less antioxidant production to counter the spillover ROS, there must be a lower demand for NADPH needed to produce ROS as well as to recycle glutathione from GSSG to GSH. So the use of glucose is directed towards the oxphos pathway instead of the PPP (pentose phosphate pathway). This must be why my metabolism is increased, as expressed in a much higher heart rate.

However, this is increasing demand on oxygen and glucose consumption, and the blood has to be circulated more I guess. This is increasing my blood pressure.

Now, I have to find out a way to lower my blood pressure. I may have to use Astragalus in the hope that it can dissolve the immune complexes in my kidneys that is causing inflammation and increased blood pressure.

But I think that increased metabolism will eventually be helpful in helping me achieve lower blood pressure.

LLight

Hi @yerrag

Have you ever considered Lupus wrt to your hypertension? I have the impression that Lupus can be associated with hypertension.
It's also connected to immune complexes.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Hi @yerrag

Have you ever considered Lupus wrt to your hypertension? I have the impression that Lupus can be associated with hypertension.
It's also connected to immune complexes.
Thanks for bringing that up. Luckily, I'm not at that stage. I think it's because I've not interfered with my RAAS system by taking anti-hypertensive drugs. I let my body determine my blood pressure. As long as my blood vessels are healthy, they can take the increased pressure. The increased pressure keeps my cells well supplied with substrates, and with enough energy production my kidneys do not deteriorate.

LLight

Thanks for bringing that up. Luckily, I'm not at that stage. I think it's because I've not interfered with my RAAS system by taking anti-hypertensive drugs. I let my body determine my blood pressure. As long as my blood vessels are healthy, they can take the increased pressure. The increased pressure keeps my cells well supplied with substrates, and with enough energy production my kidneys do not deteriorate.

Ok!

I wondered because I have the impression that Lupus is connected to the LXR somehow. The LXR (which in my limited understanding, could be activated by water restriction/ dry fasting) seems to be connected to Lupus, but also hypertension and could also increase the expression of the iodine symporter NIS (could it be a source of improved metabolism by providing iodine which could be an intracellular antioxidant and thus sensitizing the T3 receptor? thus your increased heart rate during dry fasting?).

I wonder if increased iodine uptake by tissue couldn't be another immune system "boost" brought by water restriction:

"The action of extrathyroidal iodine is an important new area of investigation, which might be useful for the study of carcinogenesis, apoptosis, immunity, atherosclerosis, antioxidant function and other neurologic and degenerative diseases." S. Venturi

Radioiodine may accumulate at sites of inflammation or infection. We have seen such accumulation in six thyroid cancer patients with a history of previously treated pulmonary tuberculosis.

As "experimental data", I've seen two testimonies of people saying that their Lupus was improved by either dry fasting or water restriction alone.
Water restriction:
7 weeks ago I developed sciatica and while browsing the Internet for some help I’ve found your blog. I strictly followed all your instructions about “One Cure for All Diseases” (including the exercise and walk and rest routines). After five days my sciatica really faded away. So, thank you million times!
I have also been a systemic lupus erythematosus patient for about 35 years now, initially with lung and liver involvement, but later lupus also affected my central nervous system. I continued following your instructions and my condition improved, so that I have no pain at the moment. Last week my rheumatologist made some blood tests and he told me that lupus was no longer active. Now I feel much, much better, but I’m still worried because my central nervous system is improving so slowly. So that I can barely walk and move my arms because of my poor coordination and muscle weakness. I hope I’m doing the right thing and I sincerely hope, that you have some additional advice for improving my condition.
Thank you in advance!

Dry fasting:
"While you might be totally correct, my experience is different. I'm kind of new to this (my 4th week) and my first attempt failed at 19 hours. So I figured I'd ease into it, and started IF dry fasting (16-20 hours per day). I have SLE, with major pain issues (arthritis and fibromyalgia as 2 of my comorbidities), plus old injuries from a major car accident. I've been in 'opiate pain killers' pain level state for about 15 years (I don't take them, it's just that doctors give them to me like it's candy because apparently, every nerve and joint in my body is on fire), but with this IF dry fasting, my pain has decreased to barely any (at least by my subjective assessment, but that's really all that matters, right?)
At first, when I'd rehydrate, I'd have pass-out intense pain in my left shoulder, which was torn out of its socket in the car accident (and amazingly, was one of my less serious injuries). That eased after my first 24 hr dry fast, and now doesn't happen at all. I am still IF dry fasting, for 18-20 hours one day, and 24 the next, with a short rehydration window, and maybe a liter/32 oz of liquids max (snake juice, liver support tea, and lemon water). I kinked my neck the other night, sleeping incorrectly, and was seeing stars with any head movement. Within 16 hours dry, I had about 80% mobility - now, that just doesn't happen normally!
So, my personal experience is that IF dry worked for pain and old injuries, and seems to have positively affected my joints (it's literally the first time in I don't know how many years that my fingers are not hurting and that I can type without discomfort!). Also, I am on the other side of 'not overweight' (as in, underweight), so I was concerned about where the water would come from (I don't have much fat to burn), but somehow, I'm not dehydrated, my skin is not dry for the first time in my adult life, and I have a healthy glow to my face (subjective again). So I don't know what kind of magic that is, but it works! I don't know if I'll ever be able to do a long dry fast (I see 36 easily, maybe even 48, but I'm not sure my body could support more - remains to be seen), but this IF thing is totally working for me!"

Very hypothetical as always :):

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Ok!

I wondered because I have the impression that Lupus is connected to the LXR somehow. The LXR (which in my limited understanding, could be activated by water restriction/ dry fasting) seems to be connected to Lupus, but also hypertension and could also increase the expression of the iodine symporter NIS (could it be a source of improved metabolism by providing iodine which could be an intracellular antioxidant and thus sensitizing the T3 receptor? thus your increased heart rate during dry fasting?).

I wonder if increased iodine uptake by tissue couldn't be another immune system "boost" brought by water restriction:

As "experimental data", I've seen two testimonies of people saying that their Lupus was improved by either dry fasting or water restriction alone.
Water restriction:

Dry fasting:

Very hypothetical as always :):

Thanks. Dry fasting may very well help me better now, after I finish dealing with my periodontal issue. I've done dry fasting a few months back - for 3 days. I didn't get much improvement. I think I have to peel a layer of pathology first before it can be effective as that overarching layer overrules and diminishes the effect of dry fasting. Now that I'm seeing a higher metabolic rate in increased heart rates, I may be well on to peeling that layer. But still, not yet there. I still pee a lot, and see a lot of foaming. Seems to me there is still that bacterial crud that needs to be slowly eroded from my system. It's taken years to accumulate, it will take time to remove. I don't know when it will come to that. I'm looking at visual signs. Urine is one. Heart rate is another. Disappearance of temporal arteritis is another. More hair growth is another. Quality of sleep is another. All day alertness is another, reflecting superior blood sugar regulation and thyroid health.

Am on chlorine dioxide intake and on proteolytic enzyme supplementation now. Soon to add astragalus. Would add urea, but may not as it may interact with the chlorine dioxide to produce chloramines and dioxins, which may have dire negative consequences. @Sergey got me piqued on using mk7 so I'm seriously considering its use.

LLight

And ***t, doesn't matter if I pass for an "evangelist" ;)

Here is some experience from user Scenes (who has quit the protocol after some time if I remember correctly). Interestingly, it helped his hairs and metabolism.

I did the whole peat thing for about 2 years I think. Never been overweight in my life, but on milk and oj steady throughout the day I gained about 10kg of weight and carried it all in my midsection...not a good look. Also, the main reasons I began trying peat (hair, skin, pfs - erectile dysfunction) were not improved, and in some cases, made worse. I’ve consulted with peat and Danny roddy and Nathan hatch, and whilst they have some good ideas that help me feel warm and good and helped to a degree, my main issues continued to get worse over time. Not only that, I felt like I induced some kind of pre-diabetes state where I need a constant supply of sugar all day or I start to get lightheaded and tired..I’d have to be snacking all throughout the day.

Every metabolism boosting supplement would make me warmer, sleep great, but kill my sensitivity downstairs or make my hair look even thinner. I’ve stopped all supplements, which feels great.

In the last 2 months I’ve lost all that weight, improved my skin and hair pretty markedly and recovered my erectile functioning to what I would consider very good. The main key has been drastically reducing my fluid intake. I have stopped coffee, milk, juice and reduced my fruit consumption to once a day max. The key for me wasn’t diet, but fluids.

I drink water mostly, 3-4 glasses a day, and always with a meal. This has improved my blood volume and circulation, helped my skin and hugely improved my sensitivity downstairs. Once or twice a week I drink 8 glasses of water a day, just to rehydrate the body and help remove wastes. On that day, I notice I am colder through the day and at night, but it’s fine by the next morning, and I go back to very warm and comfortable with warm feet and hands by reducing to 3-4 glasses in a day with meals.

The other thing I do which helps me sleep well and stay warm is I wear a thick pair of socks to bed. Never done this before, but I like it. I’m waking up super warm and can walk around the house in cold weather first thing in the morning no problem.

My hair is thicker than it has been in 10 years, my skin is clearer and brighter and my energy levels are much more stable. I don’t post here much but most of my posts have been around MPB or erectile dysfunction, and I’m serious when I say I have had huge improvements in both those areas. No regrowth on hairline, but the wispy hairs are much thicker, stand up taller and look healthier.

@Cirion
Disagree from personal experience. Limiting fluids has changed my appetite and digestion entirely. I eat much fuller meals now, my appetite for food has increased and I seem to never have any bloating or discomfort from any foods now. While on the high fluid peat diet, I could bloat quite easily but the main thing was my appetite for full meals was diminished. I craved more fluids, more juice and milk. Now I’m finding I have very little interest in milk at all.

I think excess fluids cause issues. The body doesn’t remove them easily after a time and the excess floods cells which lowers the metabolic rate. If I over consume fluids, I get colder. Many people have experienced that on this forum. I think it also throws the mineral balance off as the body doesn’t digest heavy fluid diets in the small intestine for proper processing and elimination.

I’m sure the answer to almost every issue we face is still improving the resting metabolic rate, but I am finding this hydration/dehydration cycling and overall decreased fluid intake to be helpful.

On a side note, I’ve lost the extra weight from peating in very quick time. My stomach is flat now and my muscles look full. I feel good. I still eat heaps of sugar and pretty much everything else. The only change has been to reduce fluids, but cycle them a bit higher 1-2 days a week. Drinking fluids with meals and very limited amounts without meals is key.

I’m able to handle longer periods without fluids MUCH better now after 3-4 weeks of it. Initially I was thirsty all the time, but I think all the juice and milk I was drinking before made it that way. I always wanted more, and I got in terrible shape body-wise because of it.

No stress man. You can try it for 5 days and see where you’re at. Very simple to experiment with.

I agree it’s not all about dehydration through eliminating fluids. I think the bigger thing is balancing minerals and increasing resting metabolic rate. I think it’s possibly a simple method to help balance minerals. Salting water is fine, I’ve been doing it occasionally.

Day 1 - drink water consistently throughout the day, 2-3L total.
Day 2,3,4 - drink a small glass of water with meals only, 2-4x a day.

In terms of ‘proper hydration’ and whether water helps or hurts in that regard, I think the water with meals is the key. In the presence of stomach acids, food is digested through the small intestine and filtered properly. A bit of water/juice with meals helps increase blood volume and get those balanced nutrients to cells. Fluids outside of meals (no/little stomach acid) doesn’t get filtered the same way and ends up in interstitial fluids between cells, or flooding cells which lowers their metabolic rate. Somehow, despite consuming heaps of fluids, this seemed to make me thirstier, and the cycle perpetuates.

I’m only advocating because it worked so quick for me on a number of levels, and it is so simple. Do that for 2-3 weeks and see if you don’t feel and look much better.

Just to recap, my hair looks thicker/healthier, my skin is brighter, my energy levels are still solid (they were usually solid on peat diet anyway), and my stomach is flat. People have commented that ‘I’m back’ as I’ve always had quite an athletic build, but peating made me the fattest I have ever been in my life, whilst not fixing the hair/skin/pfs issues I had coming in.

Having said that, this forum has taught me heaps. I agree sugar is amazing, salt is critical, and all the stress hormones and lowered metabolic rate are the cause of all/most disease. I just think I may have found a much simpler way to tackle the issue.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Is it possible that niacinamide increases blood pressure in the beginning but becomes fine after few weeks of taking it?
I think it could given that it can improve metabolism and as such would increase demand for oxygen and glucose, and this would have increased demands on the circulatory system. But if the system is optimal, it won't be stressed and increase in BP would be minimal or nonexistent.

In my case, I suspect I have low blood volume and it already causes my system to compensate for it by increasing blood pressure to increase blood flow rate. Increasing metabolism would further increase the blood pressure.

My task is to increase my blood volume but it's easier said than done. I believe that because of inflammation caused by immune complexes in mykidneys, serum albumin is being used up constantly as an antioxidant. I'm not able to build up my albumin, and this is keeping. my blood. volume low. So I have to get rid of the immune complexes and the inflammatory condition it causes.

Last edited:

Harley

@yerrag How do you supplement magnesium acetate? I've got a powder of it but it has a terrible taste. It's fine to consume mixed in OJ but ruins the joy of freshly squeezed OJ.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

And ***t, doesn't matter if I pass for an "evangelist" ;)

Here is some experience from user Scenes (who has quit the protocol after some time if I remember correctly). Interestingly, it helped his hairs and metabolism.

Agree about overly drinking as if we're dehydrated. I only drink when thirsty, not needing to have a minimum of 8 glasses of water a day.

Dry fasting will come back into play in my healing soon enough. I have to be in the safe zone when it comes to my oral health. The recurring periodontal infection issue has to become a non-issue. Relying on dry fasting to deal with that is asking too much of it. I need a multi-pronged approach.

I've improved my metabolism, so now I have the energy to lay siege and exhaust my foe. This is why it's important to see increased heart rate as a proxy for improved metabolism.

Now attacking the bacteria unceasingly. It will try to hide and survive and restore its colony. It may rely on biofilms to protect itself, and it may find refuge inside cells.

I will need effective biofilms disruptors and I will need agents that will penetrate cells and eliminate pathogens there. Dry fasting will enable bactericidins to be produced to do that. I will also try liposomal formulations that can deliver antibacterial agents inside cells.

Last edited:
OP
yerrag

yerrag

@yerrag How do you supplement magnesium acetate? I've got a powder of it but it has a terrible taste. It's fine to consume mixed in OJ but ruins the joy of freshly squeezed OJ.
I've taken it by making it myself from magnesium carbonate and acetic acid. It has that bad taste but it gets more tolerable the more diluted it gets. You can chase it down with orange juice immediately after taking it so you don't cringe from its aftertaste.

The acetate itself has some antibacterial properties as well. I didn't get to use it for a long period to confirm it, but the short time I used it it seemed to have lowered my blood pressure.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals