Blepharitis, Roseasea (eyelid And Skin Infection)

OP
B

Birdie

I have a lineup of shampoos now. My scalp improves as I wash my hair almost daily with these shampoos. And I have found online the cream from the dermatologist which turned out to help my face.

I’m not cured and probably won’t be, but I see improvement. My concern is the eye involvement. The minor surgery was okay. Healed. But I continue to get inflammation at the base of my lower lid lashes. Eye involvement of rosacea and SD.

OP
B

Birdie

Searching for a good riboflavin. I’ve been using Swanson 100mg a couple of times a week. It contains microcrystalline cellulose and might contain silica.

Ella had recommended 40 mg a day I think. I do make liver every week or 10 days.

@Birdie hi
I am doing much better I saw a autonomic dr last March 2018 . He put me on the antibiotic rifaxamin for sibo and my rosacea has cleared ! I’m doing better all the way around orthostatic hypotension better I’m walking and not bedridden either.. hoping to drive soon. He also prescribed a vagus nerve stimulator that I wear on my left ear 4 hrs a day!
Which vagus nerve stimulator? I am really interested in trying

OP
B

Birdie

I am starting a pulsed antibiotic (doxy) protocol for my fibromyalgia and doxy can help with rosacea and related or similar conditions.

Last edited:
OP
B

Birdie

Also, note that Ray often talks positively about doxycycline at low doses. I am using 50mg Monday, Wed and Friday. I started with 25 for the first month. Will be going to 100mg and keeping it there.

Amazigh

My daughter has demodex as well. I saw several studies that recommended Ivermectin and Flagyl. Not sure how toxic at the dose and frequency they recommend though (once a week). O wonder if anyone here has gone that route and if it was successful.

OP
B

Birdie

My daughter has demodex as well. I saw several studies that recommended Ivermectin and Flagyl. Not sure how toxic at the dose and frequency they recommend though (once a week). O wonder if anyone here has gone that route and if it was successful.
I’ve used ivermectin. Orally and topically. I’m using the topical mixed with Cerave facial moisturizing lotion. Half of each. I absolutely hate the scent of the apple flavored ivermectin. Tried adding tea tree oil drop, but that stuff is so sticky I gave up on it.

Still using a tto Castile soap gently on lids when I clean them.

After a lot of reading, I see the ivermectin mixture can cause many flares for months before it helps. But some get the result of cleared skin earlier than others.

Oh, I guess you want to treat just her eyes, but I think it would take the same bumpy course of healing.

Some of the best reviews recommend oral ivermectin and then using the ivermectin lotion on eyelids and lashes every night.

Amazigh

I’ve used ivermectin. Orally and topically. I’m using the topical mixed with Cerave facial moisturizing lotion. Half of each. I absolutely hate the scent of the apple flavored ivermectin. Tried adding tea tree oil drop, but that stuff is so sticky I gave up on it.

Still using a tto Castile soap gently on lids when I clean them.

After a lot of reading, I see the ivermectin mixture can cause many flares for months before it helps. But some get the result of cleared skin earlier than others.

Oh, I guess you want to treat just her eyes, but I think it would take the same bumpy course of healing.

Some of the best reviews recommend oral ivermectin and then using the ivermectin lotion on eyelids and lashes every night.

My daughter has it all over. It's really bad. I bought Ivermectin tablets from an online pharmacy. The horse ivermectin I bought on amazon was about to expire, and it's really hard to measure the amt per body weight from it.

OP
B

Birdie

My daughter has it all over. It's really bad. I bought Ivermectin tablets from an online pharmacy. The horse ivermectin I bought on amazon was about to expire, and it's really hard to measure the amt per body weight from it.

Yes, I found the ivermectin paste difficult to measure too. And then, there is the weird smell from the apple flavoring.
The tablets sound better than the paste, but I wasn't able to find them.

Are you making a cream with the tablets and moisturizer too? I did this; rather than using the prescription, Soolantra.
My eyes are improved by now. I can't imagine a child having to deal with this but, that said, children seem to heal faster once you find the remedy.

When you say she has it all over, is this her face, not her entire body?

OP
B

Birdie

Anybody reading this, I see I was using riboflavin, but am not now.

I tried to up my doxy to 100mg on MWF, but couldn't tolerate that dose. Am back to about 35mg on MWF.

My scalp is better. Finding I can wash it every other day and still keep the same degree of better scalp. The bumps are finally gone.

SOMO

The only way to get rid of Blepharitis is to WASH YOUR EYELIDS with a dry or wet Q-tip.

It is not diet related.

Also using an eye-safe moisturizer like Castor Oil or Vit E helps to encourage proper skin shedding.

It helps to scrub the eyelids once in a while with a cloth also.

The biggest thing is mechanically cleaning the eyelids.

I have suffered with blepharitis for a long time and diet has no effect on it, negative or positive. The prevailing theory is that it is caused by Demodex mites, this may or may not be true.

SOMO

I used that ivermectin cream for horses on my eyelids by applying it with a Q-tip. I don't think it did anything, but I did not get any skin reaction from it.

OP
B

Birdie

The only way to get rid of Blepharitis is to WASH YOUR EYELIDS with a dry or wet Q-tip.

It is not diet related.

Also using an eye-safe moisturizer like Castor Oil or Vit E helps to encourage proper skin shedding.

It helps to scrub the eyelids once in a while with a cloth also.

The biggest thing is mechanically cleaning the eyelids.

I have suffered with blepharitis for a long time and diet has no effect on it, negative or positive. The prevailing theory is that it is caused by Demodex mites, this may or may not be true.
Just to note that If there is a yeast involvement, you’d want to not use oils like olive oil and I forget what else that feed the yeast. I have a moisturizer without suspect oils. But the Soolantra uses a base that contains suspect oils.

I’m treating mine for demodex and yeast just in case. The ivermectin is thought to kill the mites.

Another suspected cause, for some people, is H. pylori. I am going to do a lab test for that. Just in case.

OP
B

Birdie

Moisturizer without the oils that feed yeast, Mazzalusa?, is CeraVe. Not the greatest sounding ingredients, but I’m taking no chances with yeast fodder.

CeraVe PM is the one.

Orion

For me the primary symptom is over production of sebum in the eyelash follicle, leading to inflammation and flaky buildup.

7 months of low/zero vitamin A diet is clearing this slowly, and all other skin issues I have.

OP
B

Birdie

I’m cleaning my eyelid margins with wipes such as Cliradex some days. I use qtips with a bit of Hypochlorite. Then rinse. Then lid massage on the lower lids where I tend to get clogging of the eyelash glands. Then, using a baby facecloth I rub with water or tea tree oil soap. Rinse.

After a lot of this for months, no longer see the little white dots, mites part. And I was cleared by the optometrist who has a strong lens for observation.

I still get a pappule here and there on my face.

Not sure if I willl continue with the ivermectin CeraVe three times a week. The smell is nauseating. That’s my problem with it. I’ve read good reports from people using it a whole year. But, it’s. No fun at all and you don’t know of course if you’ll be one it helps.

OP
B

Birdie

For me the primary symptom is over production of sebum in the eyelash follicle, leading to inflammation and flaky buildup.

7 months of low/zero vitamin A diet is clearing this slowly, and all other skin issues I have.
I’m more following Peat which would include vit A in say liver. I realize a lot of people here are following the low A theory.

Mine is slowly clearing as explained above, so there is that.

OP
B

Birdie

The Sebclair shampoo seems to be most effective for me.I use it about twice a week per instructions. Also have used Sebclair cream bought online. I use that every morning on my face, and on the nights that I don’t use the 50% Ivermectin.

My face, scalp and eyes are greatly improved. But the real test is probably winter when these things can flare up.

Am doing the daily carrot to cleanse the colon, but one part of Peat advice I’m not following right now is the liver. I’m really busy and don’t take the time to fix liver. So, that is a real minus nutrient wise I know.

OP
B

Birdie

I’m at the lab. Getting the breath test for H pylori.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom