Ray Peat And Danny Roddy Are Sitting

OP
michael94

michael94

Well, the first line of the post was pretty much immediately disproved, so maybe more like underthinking it.

There was an author, forget his name or the books name. He wrote something in there about animal heads and their meaning. Like a Stag‘s head, a dog‘s head, equine head ... etc. Anyway he said that the equine head was symbolic of madness. Not necessarily in a bad way. Just pure madness. I guess that ties into the Headless Horseman folklore, although those stories leave me cold for some reason. Cant put my finger on it

what I came across recently that is interesting is the headless mule folklore from Brazil ...

To be devil’s advocate, I think this thread has had a lot of unnecessary hate. I think there’s an interesting topic of discussion in the OP, it was just buried in an assumption.

What specific direct effects does sitting have on health?

What are citric acid’s effects on calcium metabolism?

What direct effects does “thinking” have on health?

theLaw

I think there’s an interesting topic of discussion in the OP, it was just buried in an assumption.

His first statement was literally false.

And......if he wanted to be understood, then he would have posted his points clearly (as you did in your post oddly enough). He chose not to do this, but you don't want to respect his decision.

What-a-Riot

This thread is tops, let's get that post count up! Then the view count will rise secondary to that, absolute glory

tankasnowgod

There was an author, forget his name or the books name. He wrote something in there about animal heads and their meaning. Like a Stag‘s head, a dog‘s head, equine head ... etc. Anyway he said that the equine head was symbolic of madness. Not necessarily in a bad way. Just pure madness. I guess that ties into the Headless Horseman folklore, although those stories leave me cold for some reason. Cant put my finger on it

what I came across recently that is interesting is the headless mule folklore from Brazil ...

And what does this have to do with the price of tea in China?

inurendotoxin

Almost all images of Ray Peat that are used commonly are of him sitting, and Danny Roddys youtube profile picture is of him sitting at a chair.

Sitting = excessive and misplaced thought, not unlike citric acids effect on calcium metabolism. wish they would stand! Its terrible work though...standing .... Also the love of coffee needs to be ... evaluated. Coffee is like a brain with too hemispheres that are ground up and devoured.

I personally find sitting rapidly quietens the mind, I can barely hold a thought when sitting in a chair. I do most of my ruminating while standing, (and usually) pacing. (Although this is also when my beast creative ideas come through).

I don't get what you are saying about coffee....Any chance you could unpack this?

lampofred

lmaoo why is this posted in the "animals" category

OP
michael94

michael94

I personally find sitting rapidly quietens the mind, I can barely hold a thought when sitting in a chair. I do most of my ruminating while standing, (and usually) pacing. (Although this is also when my beast creative ideas come through).

I don't get what you are saying about coffee....Any chance you could unpack this?

Someone on youtube brought up that point about coffee, how it is shaped like a brain and how coffee is so ubuqitous in the most soul sucking areas of life. idk... just think of the places that always have coffee and see if that rings true for you.

Anyway, so its like a brain, the coffee bean, and you grind it up - extract with hot water and drink the brain soup. like one grinding up their brains to tolerate something that might not be worth tolerating. But “coffee” can be better strategy if its café instead, or it has an appropiate brand name/context. In other words you have to be a bit irrational when it comes to java

Similar thing with beans and the kidneys.

OP
michael94

michael94

To be devil’s advocate, I think this thread has had a lot of unnecessary hate. I think there’s an interesting topic of discussion in the OP, it was just buried in an assumption.

What specific direct effects does sitting have on health?

What are citric acid’s effects on calcium metabolism?

What direct effects does “thinking” have on health?
Ray said citric acid tends to cause loss calcium in the urine, or misplace the calcium.

Sitting is much better tolerated and even useful when metabolism/thyroid are running well. But I do not find that useful thoughts come when sitting, perhaps the integration of a thought. But thats just a secondary process. Overall I think sitting is a bit like sleep, inherently stressful

Runenight201

I have noticed that when we sit, many people have a tendency to slouch, which compressed the internal organs and tissues and results in suboptimal functioning.

Eating while slouched for instance impedes food travel to the stomach, which slows down digestion and can result in increased bloat.

Pooping while squatting aids full clearance of bowels, eating with a tall posture allows for proper food travel.

I have noticed that when we sit, many people have a tendency to slouch, which compressed the internal organs and tissues and results in suboptimal functioning.

Eating while slouched for instance impedes food travel to the stomach, which slows down digestion and can result in increased bloat.

Pooping while squatting aids full clearance of bowels, eating with a tall posture allows for proper food travel.
Squatting is great. I don't think I'm ever going back to the "normal" position when pooping.

StephanF

Forum Supporter
I am using this Varier chair, since I am everyday on the computer, it helps my back. You need to get used to it though, some people complain that it hurts their knees. True but I often shift my position around or take the feet off, which helps:

Varier Balans: Active Kneeling Chair BALANS-1000

So read the reviews before deciding buying it...