Glaucoma And Low Eye Pressure

Spartan300

I should also have said that I have stopped taking the Amitriptyline I was taking for sleep which has the same effect as the Cypro in your case.

I also have some DeFibron on it's way. The combination of this lot ought to have an effect I hope!

OP
B

Bokasso

Hi all!
Did you realize that idealabs offers Pyroglutamic acid in Cardenosine? In the thread about (Cardenosine - Liquid Product For R&D) Haidut referenced two studies namely

* Reduction of enhanced rabbit intraocular pressure by instillation of pyroglutamic acid eye drops. - PubMed - NCBI
* Pyroglutamic acid promotes survival of retinal ganglion cells after optic nerve injury. - PubMed - NCBI...

Could that be an option for you? Maybe I'll try to convince my family member to take it. By the way, she is still at the same level, no changes meanwhile...

@haidut : Do you know of any contraindications for your product?
@SQu : Are there any news from your husband? I hope, he's doing well!

haidut

Forum Supporter
Hi all!
Did you realize that idealabs offers Pyroglutamic acid in Cardenosine? In the thread about (Cardenosine - Liquid Product For R&D) Haidut referenced two studies namely

* Reduction of enhanced rabbit intraocular pressure by instillation of pyroglutamic acid eye drops. - PubMed - NCBI
* Pyroglutamic acid promotes survival of retinal ganglion cells after optic nerve injury. - PubMed - NCBI...

Could that be an option for you? Maybe I'll try to convince my family member to take it. By the way, she is still at the same level, no changes meanwhile...

@haidut : Do you know of any contraindications for your product?

I would not put it in the eyes, it is not sterile enough for eye drops. However, the reduction in IOP is not surprising as, L-PGA is dopaminergic and this is a well-known effect on reducing IOP.
Lisuride For Relieving Interocular Pressure, Glaucoma

we are trying to lower my wife's TSH levels and thinking that may help reduce IOP. I haven't tested but I think they are lower, and her IOP does seem lower.

Ella

Forum Supporter
Did you know you can get appreciable amounts from eating cheese. I am a big eater of Italian cheese and my IOP is low. Optometrist is always surprised as most people have at least a 2-fold increase compared to me. Peat is right again. I sprinkle pecorino on everything. I eat cheese with my fruit as I adore a selection of fruit and cheese. I prepare a platter so I can nibble all day long. I never eat fruit on its own and the saltiness is perfect combination with the fruit. I also discovered fresh pecorino which I have sliced for sandwiches, however, pyroglutamic acid would be lower than in the aged cheese.

I am suspicious of tests that show low pyroglutamic acid as these tests are usually promoted by milk and cheese fearing people. High pyroglutamic acid is not good but low may be because these individuals are not eating diary and not because of some genetic fault. I'd like to see results of these low testing individuals after consuming cheese.

Pyroglutamic acid is present in many cheese varieties and particularly in high amounts (0.5 g/100 g of cheese) in extensively ripened Italian cheeses (Grana Padano and Parmigiano Reggiano) that are produced with thermophilic lactic acid bacteria as starters. The mechanism of pyroglutamic acid formation in cheese seems to be mostly enzymatic, as demonstrated by the presence of only L-pyroglutamic acid enantiomer. Thermophilic lactobacilli are involved in pyroglutamic acid production, as suggested by the low pyroglutamic acid content found in Bagos, a ripened Italian mountain cheese produced without addition of starter. Because milk pasteurization did not influence the pyroglutamic acid content in the ripened Grana Padano cheese, the formation of pyroglutamic acid mainly depends on the whey starter microflora rather than that of raw milk. Pyroglutamic acid concentration is linearly correlated (R2 = 0.94) with the age of Grana Padano cheese.

Pyroglutamic acid in cheese: presence, origin, and correlation with ripening time of Grana Padano cheese. - PubMed - NCBI

SQu

Iop 14+15 11/6/18
IOP 15+15 11/12/18 added lisuride approx 2 months before, 2 drops on wrist. Still on agmatine. B3, taurine etc. Also on xalacom ...

Since then ran out of lisuride!

That's my husband's update. Opthalmologist would like it even lower... Not sure why. I'm happy it's lower and that both eyes are even, seeing as one has a pterygium and it's usually higher.

I like the idea of cheese, @Ella!
And of peaty eyedrops @haidut ... Wishlist!

aguilaroja

I would not put it in the eyes, it is not sterile enough for eye drops. However, the reduction in IOP is not surprising as, L-PGA is dopaminergic and this is a well-known effect on reducing IOP.
Lisuride For Relieving Interocular Pressure, Glaucoma

Perhaps others know been research about substance distribution in the eye, when topical agents being applied near but not in the eye.

I am not aware of related research following up on this finding, but it does seem promising. In the test animals, pregnenolone was dissolved in DMSO and injected (intra-peritoneal) three times per week for 8 weeks.

Pregnenolone sulfate decreases intraocular pressure and changes expression of sigma receptor in a model of chronic ocular hypertension. - PubMed - NCBI
"Chronic ocular hypertension was induced by occlusion of episcleral veins."
"Injected pregnenolone significantly decreased IOP, prevented ganglion cell loss, protected inner plexiform layer thickness, and increased sigma receptor 1 expression in episcleral vein-cauterized rats."
"...the sigma receptor 1 ligand pregnenolone decreased IOP and protected against retinal damage in a rat model of chronic ocular hypertension glaucoma. Cell loss and marked disruption of retinal layers were prevented by treatment with pregnenolone."

haidut

Forum Supporter
Perhaps others know been research about substance distribution in the eye, when topical agents being applied near but not in the eye.

I am not aware of related research following up on this finding, but it does seem promising. In the test animals, pregnenolone was dissolved in DMSO and injected (intra-peritoneal) three times per week for 8 weeks.

Pregnenolone sulfate decreases intraocular pressure and changes expression of sigma receptor in a model of chronic ocular hypertension. - PubMed - NCBI
"Chronic ocular hypertension was induced by occlusion of episcleral veins."
"Injected pregnenolone significantly decreased IOP, prevented ganglion cell loss, protected inner plexiform layer thickness, and increased sigma receptor 1 expression in episcleral vein-cauterized rats."
"...the sigma receptor 1 ligand pregnenolone decreased IOP and protected against retinal damage in a rat model of chronic ocular hypertension glaucoma. Cell loss and marked disruption of retinal layers were prevented by treatment with pregnenolone."

That's a good find. Btw, as I mentioned in a comment a few lines up the page, a chemical that decreases IOP is usually dopaminergic. So, I think this study corroborates that property of pregnenolone, and could explain part of pregnenolone's nootropic effects.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals