YOU GOTTA LOVE MILLENNIALS

Runenight201

Isn't the state of any upcoming generation a direct result of the educational and parental structures that went into raising them? In an extreme example of comparison, these videos are like making fun of the poor, uneducated, orphan kid for not knowing how to conduct himself in the world, when he was never given the proper inputs necessary to develop.

At a certain point there is a level of responsibility where an individual should constantly seek to live the "examined" life and consistently seek to improve, in whatever category that improvement may be, but if that individual is never given that proper foundational structure or "shown the light", then I believe it's a little unfair to draw these criticisms and expect that from them.

Of course, I don't think the average millennial has their head on straight, and I agree that this isn't a good thing, but I tend to look beyond the fault of the individual in cases like these and instead see it as the ill state our society is in where it produces individuals who act and behave in such a manner.

Every new generation has had it's criticisms from the older generations though, and perhaps there is a way to properly integrate the new modes of living that millennials desire, such as the freedom of "doing what you want to do" (generating income through social media) and also ensuring that economic development and prosperity is pursued as a society.

Some thoughts, go ahead and roast me as a millennial who can't take criticism =P

TeaRex14

Isn't the state of any upcoming generation a direct result of the educational and parental structures that went into raising them? In an extreme example of comparison, these videos are like making fun of the poor, uneducated, orphan kid for not knowing how to conduct himself in the world, when he was never given the proper inputs necessary to develop.

At a certain point there is a level of responsibility where an individual should constantly seek to live the "examined" life and consistently seek to improve, in whatever category that improvement may be, but if that individual is never given that proper foundational structure or "shown the light", then I believe it's a little unfair to draw these criticisms and expect that from them.

Of course, I don't think the average millennial has their head on straight, and I agree that this isn't a good thing, but I tend to look beyond the fault of the individual in cases like these and instead see it as the ill state our society is in where it produces individuals who act and behave in such a manner.

Every new generation has had it's criticisms from the older generations though, and perhaps there is a way to properly integrate the new modes of living that millennials desire, such as the freedom of "doing what you want to do" (generating income through social media) and also ensuring that economic development and prosperity is pursued as a society.

Some thoughts, go ahead and roast me as a millennial who can't take criticism =P
Can't speak for the OP but I was just joking around, lol. I'm 24, so it wouldn't make a lot of sense for me to bash my own people. I do think we have some concerning problems as a generation, especially in the political arena, but all things aside we're not that bad off. There's been a few rotten eggs in every generation. Baby boomers really don't wanna start talking crap, they're just a bunch of old stoned hippies, lmao.

lvysaur

funny song, but the participation trophy thing is overblown IMO

I got participation trophies as a kid, and never cared about them. Threw all of them out eventually. It's easy to see they have no value when everyone is getting one. The actual medals/trophies that I won, I still have with me (I threw some of those out too though).

I don't see much of a difference between millennials and past generations (in real life), but I do see a small fraction of older people get real nasty towards younger people because they supposedly didn't suffer the hardships they did. It's more of a mental issue than an actual reality. Of course I don't know the singer but he really doesn't come of as the type of person that should be singing this.

TeaRex14

Nah from a behavioral standpoint there isn't much difference. However the progression of a technocratic age could cause some problems for future generations that hasn't been a problem in the past. Science has became weaponized, and isn't about facts and discoveries anymore. Rather about funded agendas.

johnwester130

How many have autism or some kind of schizophrenic illness that is limiting them in some way ?

TeaRex14

How many have autism or some kind of schizophrenic illness that is limiting them in some way ?
They say autism has risen in the past decades, but I haven't done any research into it so I wouldn't know. Population has increased too, so it would make logical sense for mental illnesses to increase as well.

johnwester130

In many ways, I respect millennials They saw their parents work 9-5, watch Tv, go shopping, pay taxes, and rejected that lifestyle being offered to them.

They are choosing to not repeat their mistakes.

I think it is progress.

Herbie

Youtube is so lame now that only old people use it and small children.

Regards, your fellow 31 year old doomer who worked 100 hours last week.

Herbie

In many ways, I respect millennials They saw their parents work 9-5, watch Tv, go shopping, pay taxes, and rejected that lifestyle being offered to them.

They are choosing to not repeat their mistakes.

I think it is progress.

Look up 30 year old boomer.

Herbie

yes

I think the conditions some are describing sound more like autistic traits though

Im not into pretending im at pop pysch.

Yeah its interesting how they mow the lawn and start to do things like the baby boomers did. My father mowed the lawn every weekend and worked 50-60 hours a week.

johnwester130

Im not into pretending im at pop pysch.

Yeah its interesting how they mow the lawn and start to do things like the baby boomers did. My father mowed the lawn every weekend and worked 50-60 hours a week.

I do not believe milennials are becoming like their parents. It's not what I see.

I see people in society with anxiety disorders, CFS, vaccine damaged, screen addiction , depression.

Maybe even some kind of spirtual illness if you believe in people who may be starseeds .

Blossom

Forum Supporter
My millennial daughter did ask me to text her first before calling her phone.

lampofred

Rising rates of depression, anxiety, and fatigue = declining vitality in the population, and incessant left versus right/young versus old bashing does nothing but distract people from figuring out the real cause of the problem. The issue isn't generational laziness as the older generations seem to think, since the vast majority of millennials I know are far more conscientious, hard-working, and moderate/temperate than their parents were at the same age. But the problem isn't poor parenting either as the younger generations seem to think, since it's not like parenting style underwent a radical shift in the previous generation compared to all the generations before it.

I don't think anyone really knows what the real problem is, but the rising disunity in this country definitely isn't helping us to get closer to the solution.

TeaRex14

My millennial daughter did ask me to text her first before calling her phone.
Lol, I won't lie I've been guilty of this in the past as well. I felt like I had a really good reason at the time, my texting was unlimited but not my calling. But after watching that video I had a radical change of approach, haha.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals