Cushing's And Hypoglycemia Or Hyperglycemia

Bart1

Is it possible that hypoglycemia can cause Cushing's ? I know that Peat wrote that Cushing's syndrome usually involves hyperglycemia. I experience Cushing like symptoms like the buffalo hump. I don't know if I experience hypo or hyperglycemia. I have a lot of dizziness especially around meals (sometimes immediately after apple juice/coke), weak muscles, frequent urination, trouble sleeping, awake every 3 hours . A while back my morning fasting blood sugar was 99 with high cortisol but since then my symptoms got worse after I upped my fruit/fructose intake and I ditched almost all starch except for my evening meal. So I can't seem to tolerate much sugar or fructose. I have a lot of hypothyroid symptoms (low pulse, low body temps) and hypoglycemia is usually related to hypothyroidism, but maybe it's hyperglycaemia?

Hoodlt

Do you take thyroid? When I was very hypo and before I started on NDT, I had horrible hypoglycemia and night waking. I started Naturethroid and I starting getting lots of fuel from sugars and I am so much better. I sleep really well and I can walk long distances without a horrific episode of hypoglycemia.

OP
B

Bart1

You feel better on starch and/or high fat meals?
Yes I do actually

Do you take thyroid? When I was very hypo and before I started on NDT, I had horrible hypoglycemia and night waking. I started Naturethroid and I starting getting lots of fuel from sugars and I am so much better. I sleep really well and I can walk long distances without a horrific episode of hypoglycemia.

Yes, i’m trying however I do feel that I am not able to tolerate it. My cushing symptoms get worse. I’m trying to slowly build it up. I take 3 mcg T3 during the day and T4 2mcg/T3 1mcg after dinner

paymanz

maybe its not answer to your question , but at least for a while eat macros according to cravings.

sunraiser

Eat what you're craving and enjoying!!

The idea of stuffing down fruits and refined sugar all day is so unappealing to me it borders on repulsive. There are stages in metabolic health in which higher fat intakes are necessary, and perhaps metabolic types that will always thrive on higher fat.

If at all safe and possible then try to minimise or remove use of exogenous hormones and see how you get on with eating to craving. It'll take a little time to find balance in your routine and cooking habits, perhaps also including more foods, but it'll give a far better staging grounds for healing in both mind and body.

I do not know a single healthy man (vibrant, energetic and sociable) that thrives on very high fructose/sugar.

I personally don't do well on lots of orange juice. Liquid sugary drinks can cause massive inflammation without a robust insulin sensitivity (ie very good health).

Stop ignoring your body and your cravings and then reassess!

fradon

Is it possible that hypoglycemia can cause Cushing's ? I know that Peat wrote that Cushing's syndrome usually involves hyperglycemia. I experience Cushing like symptoms like the buffalo hump. I don't know if I experience hypo or hyperglycemia. I have a lot of dizziness especially around meals (sometimes immediately after apple juice/coke), weak muscles, frequent urination, trouble sleeping, awake every 3 hours . A while back my morning fasting blood sugar was 99 with high cortisol but since then my symptoms got worse after I upped my fruit/fructose intake and I ditched almost all starch except for my evening meal. So I can't seem to tolerate much sugar or fructose. I have a lot of hypothyroid symptoms (low pulse, low body temps) and hypoglycemia is usually related to hypothyroidism, but maybe it's hyperglycaemia?

cushing is related to a high ACTH. the result is hyperglycemia since the cortisol is breakind down too much fatty acids/glucose they you get hyperinsulimia which leads wieght gain/hypothyroid and the fat face look that people with cushings have.

i notice my high cortisol after they took a picture of me at work my face was bloated. mom also has isssues and she had the same condition as me.

OP
B

Bart1

cushing is related to a high ACTH. the result is hyperglycemia since the cortisol is breakind down too much fatty acids/glucose they you get hyperinsulimia which leads wieght gain/hypothyroid and the fat face look that people with cushings have.

i notice my high cortisol after they took a picture of me at work my face was bloated. mom also has isssues and she had the same condition as me.
Sorry a bit late, but how did you reverse it?