Suspected Copper Deficiency. Thoughts And Ideas

ddjd

One thing that confused me about Mitosynergy was: they tell you to take the supplement 30 minutes before a meal, and not to take other supplements for an hour after taking the Mitosynergy copper, yet they make a formula called Mitosynergy Advanced that has eleven other nutrients in its blend! So much for taking the copper away from other supplements!
well theyve obviously worked out specific co-factors. I geuss they want people to maximise benefits. the thing is i hate the ridiculous prices but it does actually work. and ive experimented with 'blue' forms of copper which are the dangerous ones and they cause me headaches and nose bleeds and all sorts of problems. and the copper from mitosynergy has only helped me. so there's definitely something worth looking into imo. the problem is after 6 months, my 1 gram of copper which would have lasted me for years, got too much moisture and so its turned to green/blue copper which is exactly the form you cant take. pretty annoying.

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Not to hijack this thread, but what can someone tell me about my Copper status. I find this simply confusing.
Screen Shot 2018-09-15 at 7.27.24 pm.png

brix

Any idea how I could manipulate my results above? Would consuming Copper rich foods be Advantageous or problematic for me?

I’m not sure. I feel good taking 2mg copper. I eat a lot of red meat, so high zinc. I feel bad taking zinc too. I don’t eat a lot of copper rich foods.

Nighteyes

I might start simply eating copper rich foods, and see how I feel. On the hunt for copper rich foods that aren't super high in iron!

I really think shiitake mushrooms are your best bet :) 100g gives to almost 1mg of copper and only 0.4 mg iron. And lots of other good stuff (b5, selenium, trace stuff)

Edit: wow, I just checked cronometer to see how much iron you would get to get the same amount (1mg) of copper from chocolate.. 6 mg!

Last edited:

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
I really think shiitake mushrooms are your best bet :) 100g gives to almost 1mg of copper and only 0.4 mg iron. And lots of other good stuff (b5, selenium, trace stuff)

Edit: wow, I just checked cronometer to see how much iron you would get to get the same amount (1mg) of copper from chocolate.. 6 mg!

Haha thanks !

chiquitita

I've done the same thing as Douglas and created myself a copper deficiency by taking too much zinc. Now I'm taking 2mg a day copper bisglycinate and this is all starting to resolve.

However I have low cortisol which seems upthread I've also caused by taking too much zinc. Will this resolve with the copper? I did ask the doctor he didn't know.

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
I've done the same thing as Douglas and created myself a copper deficiency by taking too much zinc. Now I'm taking 2mg a day copper bisglycinate and this is all starting to resolve.

However I have low cortisol which seems upthread I've also caused by taking too much zinc. Will this resolve with the copper? I did ask the doctor he didn't know.

I suggest you look into Rehmannia glutinosa. That will help you the most.

SOMO

well theyve obviously worked out specific co-factors. I geuss they want people to maximise benefits. the thing is i hate the ridiculous prices but it does actually work. and ive experimented with 'blue' forms of copper which are the dangerous ones and they cause me headaches and nose bleeds and all sorts of problems. and the copper from mitosynergy has only helped me. so there's definitely something worth looking into imo. the problem is after 6 months, my 1 gram of copper which would have lasted me for years, got too much moisture and so its turned to green/blue copper which is exactly the form you cant take. pretty annoying.

Can we see a reference that Copper(I) is superior to “Blue Copper.” ?

Or a reference that Copper(2) is dangerous?

(A reference not by the manufacturer of MitoSynergy).

ddjd

Can we see a reference that Copper(I) is superior to “Blue Copper.” ?

Or a reference that Copper(2) is dangerous?

(A reference not by the manufacturer of MitoSynergy).
I had the exact same skepticism about two years ago. bought the stuff. experimented. ive used blue copper a lot in the past and wouldn't touch the stuff again. I don't know about studies, just personal experience comparing the two is enough for me

Motif

Hi!

I suspect I might have a copper deficiency. Been trying to find a blood test for it here in Sweden but haven't found one yet. I've ordered a blood test to measure zinc, haemoglobin and some other health values to see if anything seems wrong. Anyway reason why I think I might have a copper deficiency is because I have these symptoms:

Lethargy & Fatigue
Brain fog
Joint aches and poping
Low libido or drive (can get hard limited sensitivity)
Anxiety
Restless leg syndrome

I've tried everything else and it has gotten better and worse from time to time. I first suspected low testosterone or estrogen but checked that and it's alright. Haven't done that in awhile but I have morning erections every morning lasting for like 1 hour and very easy to build muscle so doesn't seem right but I have ordered a testosterone, DHEA, Cortisol test aswell.
My symptoms are mostly in the evening around 18-22 is when I feel the most crap. The past 2 years I've been trying different supplements and something that seems to make it worse is Zinc. I'm already a pretty big meat eater but read that high dosage zinc could help with low testosterone and hormones. I think it did help in the start but now it just makes me tired and headache feeling. I know Zinc in high dosages antagonises copper and also the other way around. I've been supplementing from everything between 15mg zinc to 100mg zing per day the last 1-2 years. Feels kinda obvious i ****88 my copper levels up probably.
Anyone else who had low copper and can relate to my symptoms and clearify or confirm that this might be the case?

I've stopped all zinc supplements at the moment and also I've ordered 2mg copper bisglycinate from Thorne and will start taking 2mg in the morning and 2 in the evening for a little while and see how that makes me feel. Is this a good idea?

Also all my symptoms seem identical to low estrogen in men. Anyone know if there's any link between estrogen and copper deficiency?
I know that estrogen increases copper retention from what I've read but could copper increase estrogen? Also if I as a male have had low testosterone that in turn would cause low estrogen which would lead to lowered copper retention. Even later on if i fixed my testosterone levels the copper deficiency might still be there. Then supplementing with zinc on top of that antagonising even further. Seem logical

I know most of my symptoms can come from so many other things but I've tried everything else except copper.

Any other way i can find out if im copper deficient?
appreciate all answers and stories
thanks!
What copper did you take? And are you still taking it ?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals