New Book : **** Portion Control From Nathan Guy Hatch

johann1988

I'm loving his book so far. Also be aware he will give you a copy of the ebook for free if you bought the hard copy already if you email him.
I'm seeing one inconsistency, on one of his old posts here on the forum he mentions boron as increasing estrogen which I had agreed with, I never liked the way I felt from it. But he talks about it in the book favorably.

"It is clear to me that a boron deficiency also promotes gut dysbiosis because a boron deficiency increases the activity of the enzyme vitamin D 24-hydroxylase, whose purpose it is to destroy vitamin D.....

Boron's absence also causes sex hormone activity to decline, and since hormone status effects gut health, boron likely helps regulate gut microbe composition to some degree....

Boron boosts the sex drive, feelings of relaxation, promotes other desirable outcomes and will definitely help prevent kidney stones."

Interesting, I may try it again. I just don't like supplementing minerals willy nilly.
How big was your dose on boron?

Hugh Johnson

Ray Peat

FROM PMS TO MENOPAUSE: FEMALE HORMONES IN CONTEXT
$12 plus $3.00 shipping.

PROGESTERONE IN ORTHOMOLECULAR MEDICINE.
$6 plus $3.00 shipping.

GENERATIVE ENERGY: PROTECTING AND RESTORING THE WHOLENESS OF LIFE.
$10 plus $3.00 shipping.

MIND AND TISSUE: RUSSIAN RESEARCH PERSPECTIVES ON THE HUMAN BRAIN.
$10 plus $3.00 shipping.

NUTRITION FOR THE WOMENS
$10 plus $3.00 shipping.​

Speaking of Matt Stone, what Nathan has missed is that it's much better to have 30 happy readers paying $10, than 10 paying $30. The chances of attracting new readers in underpricing are much higher, you'll have way more people benefitting from the information and getting the word out.

I have the impression that Rakesh didn't have this is mind, he's just a noble character that doesn't want to rip off people.

Selling only a physical product is also puzzling. If it's due to preference, people better get used to paper being abolished for good any time soon. If it's out of insecurity of having the product copied and shared without permission, it's unjustified. No matter how great his book is, it's not going to be a Harry Potter in which he won't be able to control illegal means of propagation: it's easy for him to get to the source just like it is for the reader looking for a free online copy.

And what's the worse that can happen? People improving their lives and him losing some dollars? Individual conferences must be the major source of money anyway. It's a missed opportunity to not have readers reviewing it on a broader online platform such as my store.

If the information is good, people will ask you how to contribute, similar to what happens with Trawi.

People have to detach from their precious, just like the parent that has to accept that the children is not his controllable extension.
Fritz: "One no longer loves one's knowledge sufficiently after one has communicated it."
You can't stop half-way.

I just want to make it clear that this has nothing to do with the fact that Netherlands is the best place to live.
Is it actually possible to buy these books from him? I want them in my library

Amazoniac

Amazoniac

Well, I suspect your psychosis is making it hard for you to understand the pragmatic implications of your suggestion.
In some years people will think of paper books in the same way. "How could they?"
Imagine what you're losing: you can find a term in a single click, you can carry all your books with you, they won't deteriorate, you'll also have a precarious browser that doesn't encourage distractions and allows you to search for some information immediately, you can obtain any book in a matter of seconds, and probably other things that I'm forgetting right now.

Amazoniac

And there's more: books will start incorporating multimedia and then you won't have much option but to accept it. It only takes a brief animation for you to grasp a concept that would require hours of unintelligible texts making it seem complex. How to find a way around this? Pop-up books?

ilikecats

Insanity. It's like buying an album recorded by a child who's been playing saxophone in school band for a few years (and sometimes skips practice :)). Why not buy a John Coltrane album instead when its just as easily available (and in this case much CHEAPER)? In this analogy Ray is John Coltrane :p

Amazoniac

Adding 'Fvck' to a title of a book is a goodandevil-approved move, but now that his articles cover topics that are beyond normalizing weight by improving health first, 'Fvck Portion Control' isn't synthesizing the idea of the book as it once was the blog, Nathan will probably change it. It's interesting to conserve some Reich elements in it, therefore it will likely be:

[. . . Brewing crystal ball . . .]

NO LONGER
FLJCKING
SICK Ø

As a coincidence, the nitric oxide symbol appeared next to sick à la Skittles.​

It's easier to spot these things from outside, when you isn't involved.

Last edited: