Best Ways To Heal Liver?

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM)

“Additionally, MSM is able to restore the reduced glutathione (GSH)/oxidized glutathione (GSSG) ratio to normal levels, decrease NO production, and reduce neuronal ROS production following HIV-1 Tat exposure”

Methylsulfonylmethane: Applications and Safety of a Novel Dietary Supplement

Effect of methylsulfonylmethane on paraquat-induced acute lung and liver injury in mice. - PubMed - NCBI

Methylsulfonylmethane suppresses hepatic tumor development through activation of apoptosis

OptiMSM is a brand of Methylsulfonylmethane made in the USA.

Mauritio

All of the above is cope. Order UDCA from an Indian pharmacy and go to sleep easy knowing your liver is truly healing.

A little lemon and olive oil is a joke.

NAC is the only other thing suggested in this thread with some tangible benefit for the liver but even that still pales in comparison to UDCA/TUDCA.
Efficacy and safety of tauroursodeoxycholic acid in the treatment of liver cirrhosis: a double-blind randomized controlled trial. - PubMed - NCBI

"However, both drugs exert no effect on the serum markers for liver fibrosis during 6-month treatment."

zewe

Try T/UDCA for liver.
Cyproheptadine for histamine.

@olive Recomending antihistamines or histamine blockers to a person with histamine intolerance is very bad advice. They may seem
like a good idea but they lower DAO enzyme level, which is one of the enzymes that reduce excess histamine.

Motif's problem is that his body cannot get rid of excess histamine [which could cause him problems anywhere: lungs, brain, skin, bowels....]

These meds do not get rid of the histamine just mask symptoms all the while as histamine levels increase. For someone with HIT, they should be used only as a very last option; not on a regular basis.

Respectfully, perhaps some research on HIT before you recommend anything. Many of RP protocols are not good for someone with HIT/mast cell activation syndrome.

zewe

My liver is definitely damaged from fasting and excessive drinking. I currently have a yellowish completion and super low Vit D levels though I get a ton of full-body sun exposure.

Does anyone have any diet or supplementation recommendations to help my liver's recovery in addition to the Peat-inspired diet that I already adhere to?

Thank you in advance.

@rawmeat I have used milkthistle sucessfully with recovering alcoholics along with dietary advice.

You mentioned low vit. D even though you get plenty of sunshine. I had the same problem after trauma.

What I found out is that, if under severe stress, the body will always choose stress hormones over synthesis of vit. D.

Now stress could mean anything; a high toxic load could equate to stress. Keep in mind that the lymphatic system also removes toxins and getting that moving through exercise, jumping, walking, drink plenty of H2O to flush toxins, can help.

Improving digestion with taurine, egg yolk lecithin, and maybe ox bile could be helpful.

I use chlorella in H2O every morning to detox. If you drank alot, your body would be nutritionally depleted and chlorella is very high in nutrients. Theoretically, you could live on it. It is very good at removing heavy metals, also.

Avoidance where possible of known toxins is suggested. Look at alternative cleaning products and personal care items. Eat only organic.

zewe

Forgot to add: learn lymphatic massage to move toxins out of the body. I learned from Donna Eden, a famous energy healer. You might be able to find how to do through a search or buy one of her books for instructions.

zewe

@Dave Clark Nice suggestion, interesting herb. Acorrding to this it is also useful to the lymphatic system:

Lymph Mover (Antioxidant)
Kutki has shown in many studies to support antioxidant activity and neutralize free radicals in the body.

While kutki is primarily a liver herb, much of its antioxidant activity takes place in the liver and spleen. (5,7)

The lymph is the body’s first line of defense, as it lines the walls of the intestines. If the intestinal barrier breaks down, the body’s lymphatic system is called upon to support detoxification and antioxidant activity.

Kutki may be the best herb to support the body when multiple organs and organ systems are involved.

Often, a digestive concern may be due, in part, to issues in the liver and lymph that are subtle and hard to diagnose.

Kutki provides a multi-pronged approach to help the body resolve health issues globally without the risk of creating dependency.

SOURCE:
Kutki: Reviving Ayurveda's #1 Liver Loving Herb | John Douillard's LifeSpa

Motif

@rawmeat
Hey! Any success meanwhile?

So Tudca is most promising?

Any good source in Europe?

Is milk thistle or silmarin helpful or should I avoid it ?

OP
rawmeat

rawmeat

Never used TUDCA. I believe caffeine and raw carrot have helped tremendously.

Dezertfox

I can't tolerate nac, coffeine, taurine because of my histamine intolerance.

I do have Gilbert syndrome and a real bad fat digestion and I think probably the liver is the root for that, but no idea how to fix this
Hey Motif, did anything help your liver issues and histamine problems?

Dezertfox

I started on TUDCA yesterday and got a headache, had it with lunch and headache..Not sure why any thoughts?

D-Limonene

Cheap, no side effects, many other benefits.

I have tried everything for liver health. D-Limonene is my favorite

Interesting! What brand, liquid or capsules, how much, protocol? What effects did you notice?

Improved mood, digestion, sleep, stamina, creativity. I basically feel like I am returning to my old mid twenties state, I am in my late thirties, no hangovers if I drink in excess, less urge to drink in excess. It seems to potentiate the other supplements I take as well. I was using Jarrow brand, 1 gram a day. I am about to switch to a bulk food grade brand, which is around $40 for a year plus supply. It is easy enough for me to drink it in bulk form mixed with water, I have read some complain that it stings their lips but I have not experienced that.

Lurker

Improved mood, digestion, sleep, stamina, creativity. I basically feel like I am returning to my old mid twenties state, I am in my late thirties, no hangovers if I drink in excess, less urge to drink in excess. It seems to potentiate the other supplements I take as well. I was using Jarrow brand, 1 gram a day. I am about to switch to a bulk food grade brand, which is around $40 for a year plus supply. It is easy enough for me to drink it in bulk form mixed with water, I have read some complain that it stings their lips but I have not experienced that.

Nice! The capsules seem convenient but I see you can buy gallons of pure liquid for cheap.

Any thoughts on similarities to turpentine?

Last edited:
Nice! The capsules seem convenient but I see you can buy gallons of pure liquid for cheap.

Any thoughts on similarities to turpentine?

I once took turpentine daily for a month or more straight. I think I was taking around 1 tsp a day. Turpentine seemed to help most with circulation, I would feel very warm in my feet and hands after taking it. It did not seem to help much for improving liver function or overall energy. I like limonene a lot better, it has immediate effects and you can feel it working even if you miss a day.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals