If Calcification Is The Root Of Hair Loss - How To Reverse It? (Magnesium , D, A, K2, Potassium)

Arrade

@Arrade
It may be the Vit A that is often taken with K2 too, and a characteristic specific to K2. Like here it has been shown to induce iNOS if it can apply to physiological doses :

Vitamin K2 (menatetrenone) induces iNOS in bovine vascular smooth muscle cells: no relationship between nitric oxide production and gamma-carboxyla... - PubMed - NCBI

Doesn't seem to have a negative effect when Nitric Oxide reducing strategies are used anyway. I would also make sure to get sufficient amounts of the other calcium cofactors you mentioned, Vit A and semi-essential ones like Boron and Silica.
do you supplement silica? or get that dietarily?

Also that table in the study is quite expansive, I only screenshotted the vitamin K part.
Everyone should look at that study for NOS

Elephanto

do you supplement silica? or get that dietarily?

Also that table in the study is quite expansive, I only screenshotted the vitamin K part.
Everyone should look at that study for NOS
From food, mainly organic bell peppers, less often oats and the occasional beer.

Arrade

Can't that be misleading compared to what's lodged in tissues?
Serum levels is the issue, serum levels impact tissue levels in a separate manner

I read once that women have 6x estrogen in the dermis than men do, but not that much serum wise
Also high estrogen in men leads to inflammation and an increase in dht in the tissues, but blood dht wouldn't be impacted.
Measuring tissue wouldn't be helpful

LCohen

What is the best way to get them tested? Blood serum? Saliva? Or is there another way I'm not aware of that is more efficient?

It should be blood serum.

The trick is testing for Estrone (E1) and Estrone Sulfate (E1S) and Prolactin. These 3 parameters are even more important than your Estradiol (E2) levels. (to determining estrogen dominance)

Arrade

@Elephanto did u do the acv rinse everyday? You soaked your head in it for 5 minutes then let it dry right?
You only did a massage at night, so once a day?

I think it may just be the D, K, magnesium and the rinse. Taurine seems to cause lipolysis and who knows. Actually I thought taurine would work because I thought Haidut reversed his hairloss with it but apparently he's bald. :eggface:

What stopped my hairloss before was this evolutionary.org/forums/anabolic-steroids-peds/hair-loss-dht-steroids-think-again-very-interesting-topic-28623.html, really don't feel like anything is better. And it stopped my hairloss within weeks

Arrade

As an update guys I got diffuse thinning just this past month, and my hair is clumpy and and thinning in patches all around. My nape is tore up, behind my ears is reversing.
[This sounds way worse than it is, but after having amazing hair it's notable to me]

I don't take this as anything but my own "hairloss pattern" i think diffuse thinning and retrograde alopecia is all the same. Loss of blood blow to the area.

Drop estrogen into range. Drop cortisol. Raise androgens without MB, thyroid, aspirin, any of that junk with sides

Elephanto

@Arrade Every other day. Correct about the method. About Taurine's effect on lipolysis, maybe, but Niacinamide in the stack potently opposes that and B1, 2-3g Palmitic Acid+other strategies like limiting total fat intake are also effective. I tend to favor MSM or pure sulphur to Taurine in long-term which has other drawbacks (opioid receptor activation-induced Prolactin release for instance) and perhaps 75% of its beneficial effect is from being a source of sulphur though temporarily used the increase in bile acids could make it more effective to reduce Endotoxins.

GorillaHead

As an update guys I got diffuse thinning just this past month, and my hair is clumpy and and thinning in patches all around. My nape is tore up, behind my ears is reversing.
[This sounds way worse than it is, but after having amazing hair it's notable to me]

I don't take this as anything but my own "hairloss pattern" i think diffuse thinning and retrograde alopecia is all the same. Loss of blood blow to the area.

Drop estrogen into range. Drop cortisol. Raise androgens without MB, thyroid, aspirin, any of that junk with sides
So you arent having any success recovering hair at all?

JDreamer

@Elephanto

How was your overall digestion prior to starting this method?

I'm starting to wonder if I need to get that cleaned up first before any of this can be 100% effective for me. It's just a lot of pills ...... I've tried sucking on a bunch of them under my tongue for a sub-lingual absorption, but it takes too long.

As of the moment, the downsides to this regimen has been worsening digestion and accumulation of lower ab fat.

JDreamer

@Elephanto did u do the acv rinse everyday? You soaked your head in it for 5 minutes then let it dry right?
You only did a massage at night, so once a day?

I think it may just be the D, K, magnesium and the rinse. Taurine seems to cause lipolysis and who knows. Actually I thought taurine would work because I thought Haidut reversed his hairloss with it but apparently he's bald. :eggface:

What stopped my hairloss before was this evolutionary.org/forums/anabolic-steroids-peds/hair-loss-dht-steroids-think-again-very-interesting-topic-28623.html, really don't feel like anything is better. And it stopped my hairloss within weeks

Just got done browsing that link you provided and the discussion about calcification.

All I know is when my hair loss was at it's worst ........

- My workouts were heavier and more intense
- Was experiencing aches in my joints (especially when doing bicep curls)
- My teeth started spacing in certain places
- Strange heart rhythms

I've long suspected my body isn't utilizing calcium correctly. But as we've seen time-and-time again, stopping hair loss one half of the problem. The other is how to regrow it.

This comment got my attention btw: "Without K2, the vast majority of these proteins remain "Uncarboxylated", or inactive. K2 is needed to "Carboxylate", or activate, these proteins. Without K2, as many as 70% of these proteins remain inactive in the body...leading to a slow calcification process inside the body over the years..."

There have been prolonged periods over the last 10 years or so where I wasn't getting enough calories, but still consuming 100-125g's of protein per day under the mantra that I needed it for my workouts. Is that applicable to all proteins circulating in the body or only specific types?

Last edited:

JDreamer

"Taking broad-spectrum antibiotics can reduce vitamin K production in the gut by nearly 74 percent compared to people not taking these antibiotics."

I've said this before, but there was a brief period where I had to take Penicillin 500V for almost three weeks to clear up an infection in my gum line that made me deathly sick. After that my gut/digestion was destroyed.

Wonder if it led to a widespread effect on my K levels just like that describes.

OP
M

Motif

Is there no reliable test to see what nutrients we're really deficient in?

Arrade

So you arent having any success recovering hair at all?
My hairloss stopped before.
I think it may actually be a Bad idea to supplement Vitamin D if your estrogen is too high - reason being your calcium metabolism is disturbed and extra calcium may go into the soft tissues making things worse.
I haven't seen results because my estrogen was sky high and something like letrozole would have helped to get it normalized. I guarantee you won;t see results unless your estro is within a healthy range.

Arrade

I just realized I'm probably not getting anywhere close enough Vitamin D right now for this regimen - considering I'm indoors almost all day long.
I would still use an oral supplement on top of a tanning bed

xetawaves

My hairloss stopped before.
I think it may actually be a Bad idea to supplement Vitamin D if your estrogen is too high - reason being your calcium metabolism is disturbed and extra calcium may go into the soft tissues making things worse.
I haven't seen results because my estrogen was sky high and something like letrozole would have helped to get it normalized. I guarantee you won;t see results unless your estro is within a healthy range.

isn't hair thinning a pretty well known side effect of arimidex?

Arrade

isn't hair thinning a pretty well known side effect of arimidex?
I prefer aromasin.
I think when they say hairloss as a side effect, it's when people lower their estrogen below healthy value by accident
I don't think anything will regrow hair as long as high estrogen causes inflammation, mast cell degranulation, the works

LCohen

I prefer aromasin.
I think when they say hairloss as a side effect, it's when people lower their estrogen below healthy value by accident
I don't think anything will regrow hair as long as high estrogen causes inflammation, mast cell degranulation, the works

When I used Aromasin, my hair (on scalp) was growing really fast. I stopped it, now it slowed down again.

Shedding? I couldn't notice more or less shedding/receding. My hairline stayed same.

GorillaHead

When I used Aromasin, my hair (on scalp) was growing really fast. I stopped it, now it slowed down again.

Shedding? I couldn't notice more or less shedding/receding. My hairline stayed same.
How much were you using? Dosage and how often? For me aromasin destroyed my hair. Shedding like crazy. But i was taking like 25mg a day

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals