More Dental Plaque As My Digestion Improves

Kehaar

Peaters - My digestion is definitely improving (somewhat): less bloating, more regularity, "death" breath odor less often, less pelvic pain. The improvement seems to come from fewer FODMAPS, lots of betaine HCl, digestive enzymes, minocycline, and cascara.

But my dental plaque is increasingly worse lately (and was almost nonexistent in the recent past). I'm wondering what's going on? I thought better GI system, less plaque. The plaque is getting so bad, I think it's a sign of something going wrong that I should not ignore. Is my regimen (oral care, diet, supps) favoring some bad dental bacteria? My oral care includes brushing with Crest, rinsing with xylitol, and occasional listerine.

Any thoughts?

OP
K

Kehaar

I know of a couple of cases in which oral health markedly worsened after antibiotics. Not sure of the mechanism.
Thanks. Yes, it makes sense that the minocycline may be the most likely culprit. Not sure what to do, though, since it helps my digestion, my skin, and maybe my RA. Everything is a balancing act.

x-ray peat

I had the opposite effect on Betaine and enzymes. Dental plaque went away almost completely. I think that's the way its supposed to work as plaque is associated with bad digestion for some reason.

Maybe look into Dr Ellie protocol regarding using xylitol

OP
K

Kehaar

I had the opposite effect on Betaine and enzymes. Dental plaque went away almost completely. I think that's the way its supposed to work as plaque is associated with bad digestion for some reason.

Maybe look into Dr Ellie protocol regarding using xylitol
Thanks for your input. I agree, I thought that was the way it was supposed to work. Also, plaque for me was minimal in the beginning with all the things I am doing for digestion and it recently got worse (was never really an issue previously). So hence my concern. I am mostly following Dr. Ellie's protocol, but I could be more thorough. I will step it up and see how it goes.

If anyone experienced worsening plaque in the context of better health, I'd be curious to hear about it, and what you did about it. Also, would like to know if people following Dr. Ellie's protocol have noticed continuous positive effects, or any downturn after a long time.

ddjd

Peaters - My digestion is definitely improving (somewhat): less bloating, more regularity, "death" breath odor less often, less pelvic pain. The improvement seems to come from fewer FODMAPS, lots of betaine HCl, digestive enzymes, minocycline, and cascara.
is it safe to take digestive enzymes long term?

Marcine

Doesn't Peat mention progesterone for dental health? Vitamin A? It was somewhere in Nutrition for Women.

Back
Top Bottom