How To Start On Pregnenolone?

Frankdee20

@haidut, how does topical Pregnenalone or DHEA metabolize differently from oral again ? Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've started taking 100mg of oral pregnenolone and also about 5mg or oral DHEA. I've never taken that much pregnenolone but I'm trying to see how it all goes...

Driven

Frank - unrelated but I just read your older thread about pregnenolone, and I had the same thought about how anyone could possibly handle hundreds of mg of this stuff. My recent short experiment goes like this - three days of 2x10mg (same Pure Encapsulations brand), each night waking up at 2am with fast beating heart, racing thoughts, and bad anxiety. Morning of day 4 my hair started to fall out (not terribly bad, but 7-8 strands is about 6-7 more than normal) and my 5 o'clock shadow had grown literally twice as much as usual the previous day. I had lifted on day 3, and being a sucker for anything that might possibly increase test, I continued with 1x10mg on days 4 and 5. Anxiety was less but sleep still bad. I skipped days 6 and 7 (today), finally got a good night's sleep last night, and felt GREAT today - better than usual. A little more focus, good energy, no fighting sleep on the commute home. Hair loss has noticeably slowed. I'm thinking 10mg two or three times a week, and will closely monitor the hair thing - I lost enough from a stupid long term 50mg DHEA experiment years ago.

My usual is slightly low thyroid, slightly low test, mild anxiety (500mg CBD gummies help with that), constant brain fog, awful short term memory, focus of a goldfish. So probably undiagnosed ADHD. Hence my trying hormones before resorting to amphetamines.
(age 49)

Frankdee20

Frank - unrelated but I just read your older thread about pregnenolone, and I had the same thought about how anyone could possibly handle hundreds of mg of this stuff. My recent short experiment goes like this - three days of 2x10mg (same Pure Encapsulations brand), each night waking up at 2am with fast beating heart, racing thoughts, and bad anxiety. Morning of day 4 my hair started to fall out (not terribly bad, but 7-8 strands is about 6-7 more than normal) and my 5 o'clock shadow had grown literally twice as much as usual the previous day. I had lifted on day 3, and being a sucker for anything that might possibly increase test, I continued with 1x10mg on days 4 and 5. Anxiety was less but sleep still bad. I skipped days 6 and 7 (today), finally got a good night's sleep last night, and felt GREAT today - better than usual. A little more focus, good energy, no fighting sleep on the commute home. Hair loss has noticeably slowed. I'm thinking 10mg two or three times a week, and will closely monitor the hair thing - I lost enough from a stupid long term 50mg DHEA experiment years ago.

My usual is slightly low thyroid, slightly low test, mild anxiety (500mg CBD gummies help with that), constant brain fog, awful short term memory, focus of a goldfish. So probably undiagnosed ADHD. Hence my trying hormones before resorting to amphetamines.
(age 49)[/QUOT

(age 49)

Yeah, I’m the beginning Pregnenalone made me feel crazy, but I got as high as 60 mg a day and felt ok. Other than some insomnia.

theonlyway

Oh, I am absolutely a fan of any dose pregnenolone. All I am saying is that the dose would depend on what you are trying to achieve. Raising PS is desirable in conditions like schizophrenia and even melanoma.
Pregnenolone For Protection Against Melanoma
DHEA-S is the steroid most strongly associated with health in males, but I think this is only because studies on the correlatin between progesterone / pregnenolone and health nave not been done yet.

I know this is a fairly old thread, didn’t want to start a new. My pharmacist started me on 100mg of pregnenolone. I haven’t noticed any negative as I take it at night. I don’t see others nearly at this dosage. Do you feel that is a safe dose?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals