Help. I Am Taking Copper And Still Have Deficiency!

OP
L

Lucas

Hello.

Well, I feel the improvements because my copper supplement is over and I forget to replace my order of Swanson Vitamins Copper chelate that had 300 caps of 2 mg copper!!

Without copper, I am feeling dizzy, the brain fog is huge, so big that I cannot do my job! I had a stranger felling of a heavy head sensation, I am very fatigued and depressed.

Also, without copper, my hands are freezing and is 22 Celsius outside!!

I will get a hand on copper chelated from a compound pharmacy this afternoon.

I was taking 4-6 mg each day and now I know that I need it.

Motif

My blood results after taking 9 mg for weeks came back and it's still almost in deficiency.

Fexxx

@Motif

also Ceruloplasmin?

Maybe the Key for better Labs is more Livehealth related then taking simple more Copper?

Motif

Yeah, Ceruloplasmin almost deficient too.

You think it's a liver thing ?

Douglas Ek

Hello.

Well, I feel the improvements because my copper supplement is over and I forget to replace my order of Swanson Vitamins Copper chelate that had 300 caps of 2 mg copper!!

Without copper, I am feeling dizzy, the brain fog is huge, so big that I cannot do my job! I had a stranger felling of a heavy head sensation, I am very fatigued and depressed.

Also, without copper, my hands are freezing and is 22 Celsius outside!!

I will get a hand on copper chelated from a compound pharmacy this afternoon.

I was taking 4-6 mg each day and now I know that I need it.

It took me 6 months of 4-6 mg a day to feel like i could be without it. It takes a long ime

Douglas Ek

My blood results after taking 9 mg for weeks came back and it's still almost in deficiency.

Weeks is nothing. I had to supplement for 6 months before my results was good and i feelt super. Now im off the copper and im feeling great without it. My labs are finally ok. It takes a long time
Dont forget to take vitamin A. It helps liver to produce ceruloplasmin and utilize copper and iron

Motif

Ok cool. But it seems like I need to take zinc too.
My zinc is in deficiency and first weeks on copper my skin got better and then really bad. I guess a bad copper zinc ratio was the cause

mrsuomi

I most had copper deficiency because ALL the symtoms match, plus when i strarted 2 mg copper daily my symptoms almost disappeared. But then they came back stronger than ever, neuropathy, trouble walking ect. How ever i just got my hair mineral analys and it says Im copper toxic, very toxic too like the highest toxicity.
Please can someone help, what should I do?

Nighteyes

I most had copper deficiency because ALL the symtoms match, plus when i strarted 2 mg copper daily my symptoms almost disappeared. But then they came back stronger than ever, neuropathy, trouble walking ect. How ever i just got my hair mineral analys and it says Im copper toxic, very toxic too like the highest toxicity.
Please can someone help, what should I do?

Soo tricky this whole copper toxicity/copper biounavalability/copper deficency debate. I am a slow 1 according to TEI with severe copper toxicity like you (very high hair copper along with high calcium and magnesium).
I currently eat two big rib-eye stakes per day (1 for lunch and 1 for dinner) and this works well for me. Vary my carbs between lentils, potatoes, rice and pasta. The lentils and potatoes should provide some copper to avoid deficiency while the high protein intake from meat should help make carrying proteins for the copper so it does flow freely around causing toxicity symptoms.. If you feel you push too far in the opposite direction chocolate is a quick way that I have used to add some copper.

sunraiser

Weeks is nothing. I had to supplement for 6 months before my results was good and i feelt super. Now im off the copper and im feeling great without it. My labs are finally ok. It takes a long time
Dont forget to take vitamin A. It helps liver to produce ceruloplasmin and utilize copper and iron

I read some of your posts and they're really insightful, however I'd be careful to advise people do the same as you. Not everyone is coming from a high dose zinc back ground and not everyone has an innately high zinc diet.

My zinc is in deficiency and first weeks on copper my skin got better and then really bad. I guess a bad copper zinc ratio was the cause

So listen to your body. Copper is needed for robust zinc status just as zinc is needed for robust copper status. It's a constant interplay between retinol binding protein availability, ceruloplasmin, and I'm sure lots of other factors I don't understand.

With respect to Douglas taking the amounts of copper you've taken would be unlikely to leave you in deficiency if simple copper intake was the only thing at play.

If you start having adverse reactions beyond anything mild then it's likely you've created a new imbalance. I would try to only supplement with one side of the spectrum and use food cravings to balance the other cofactors.

Vitamin D can potentially be a rate limiting factor for vitamin A in my experience, too, though it's only anecdotal guess work.

I wouldn't go over 1 to 2kiu vit D per day ever.

High_Prob

117740EE-4A6A-4844-8983-84F3292A8F10.png

Classic...

mrsuomi

Soo tricky this whole copper toxicity/copper biounavalability/copper deficency debate. I am a slow 1 according to TEI with severe copper toxicity like you (very high hair copper along with high calcium and magnesium).
I currently eat two big rib-eye stakes per day (1 for lunch and 1 for dinner) and this works well for me. Vary my carbs between lentils, potatoes, rice and pasta. The lentils and potatoes should provide some copper to avoid deficiency while the high protein intake from meat should help make carrying proteins for the copper so it does flow freely around causing toxicity symptoms.. If you feel you push too far in the opposite direction chocolate is a quick way that I have used to add some copper.

Yes this is highly confusing since i know i was very copper deficient, but my hari mineral test was done 2 months after supplementing with copper so it's not accurate.

I'm going to eat 100 gram of liver twice a week. Can this be dangerous if i'm already copper toxic like the the test says?

I'm doing a carnivore diet so i cant use cacao or lentils

Douglas Ek

Yes this is highly confusing since i know i was very copper deficient, but my hari mineral test was done 2 months after supplementing with copper so it's not accurate.

I'm going to eat 100 gram of liver twice a week. Can this be dangerous if i'm already copper toxic like the the test says?

I'm doing a carnivore diet so i cant use cacao or lentils

By the way hair mineral test are not reliable. Did you get serum copper blood test and ceruloplasmin?

Douglas Ek

Yes i tested thoose too and they were in the normal range depsite me taking big amouts of copper for 2 months

What is considered big amounts? 2 months aint a long time. Some people need 6-12 months for rebuilding iron stores? Why wouldnt same be for other minerals like copper specially when depleted by zinc. I took huge doses of copper and my ceruloplasmim went up and i feel a lot better today but its still borderline low. Good ceruloplasmin is like 35 reference range is 15-60. I had 15 first time i tested took copper and vitamin A for 4 months everyday anything from 4 mg to 16 mg a day and eating liver on top of that. My cerulo went to 25 and i feel better but even on that dosage and time line i still could get higher for optimal. We eat way to much muscle meat with zinc and way less copper than our ancestors did. Modern western diet has like 15-30mg zinc in diet. And usually not even 1mg copper. Never need to take a zinc supplement if you eat meat etc regularly

mrsuomi

What is considered big amounts? 2 months aint a long time. Some people need 6-12 months for rebuilding iron stores? Why wouldnt same be for other minerals like copper specially when depleted by zinc. I took huge doses of copper and my ceruloplasmim went up and i feel a lot better today but its still borderline low. Good ceruloplasmin is like 35 reference range is 15-60. I had 15 first time i tested took copper and vitamin A for 4 months everyday anything from 4 mg to 16 mg a day and eating liver on top of that. My cerulo went to 25 and i feel better but even on that dosage and time line i still could get higher for optimal. We eat way to much muscle meat with zinc and way less copper than our ancestors did. Modern western diet has like 15-30mg zinc in diet. And usually not even 1mg copper. Never need to take a zinc supplement if you eat meat etc regularly

4 mg daily and liver like 3 times a week. I stopped the supplement about 2 weeks ago because i started geting hallucinations( because of too much copper i believe) But my nerve tingling has goten worse when i stopped the copper supplements.

I'm going to start 2 mg copper a day and see what happens

Douglas Ek

4 mg daily and liver like 3 times a week. I stopped the supplement about 2 weeks ago because i started geting hallucinations( because of too much copper i believe) But my nerve tingling has goten worse when i stopped the copper supplements.

I'm going to start 2 mg copper a day and see what happens

What kind of hallucinations? Visual or auditory? Maybe you should go to a doctor. Copper overload doesnt have hallucinations as a side effect. Hallucinations is serious

mrsuomi

What kind of hallucinations? Visual or auditory? Maybe you should go to a doctor. Copper overload doesnt have hallucinations as a side effect. Hallucinations is serious
Like visual, like shaddows and colors. ''Copper toxicity may contribute to anxiety, panic disorders, sleep issues, paranoia, and in severe cases, psychosis''

It seem to get worse when i increase my copper intake..