Wisconsin Man, 64, Eats His 30,000TH McDonald's Big Mac

Mito

Wisconsin man, 64, eats his 30,000TH McDonald's Big Mac after consuming two each day for more than four

“..... Gorske says his cholesterol and blood pressure are normal despite having eaten at least one of the 540-calorie fast food burgers almost every day for the past four decades.

He suffers from obsessive compulsive disorder and has kept almost every receipt for every Big Mac he's purchased.

While the price has jumped from $0.75 in the 70s to $3.57 today, Gorske would have spent an estimated $80,000 on the fast food hamburgers in the last 46 years.

'A person like me, I just don't change too much,' he said after hitting the 25,000 mark in 2011. 'It's pretty much two Big Macs a day.'

He's only gone without the burgers for a handful of days, and even keeps them in his freezer just in case.”

Wisconsin man known as the 'Big Mac Daddy' eats his 30,000th McDonald's hamburger | Daily Mail Online

Wagner83

Apparently it's westside's brother, it would be interesting to know how many calories he eats. I remember reading McDonald's used beef fat before switching to pufas once the public and establishment pressure pushed the anti-cholesterol propaganda. I think it was at least true for fries.
Cholesterol levels in range, does that mean low?

LCohen

When some weird people destroys all your scientific approach. (And you're not even healthy like them)

Wagner83

SOMO

My homemade gluten-free buns + 100% grass-fed beef burgers > the crap at McDonalds.

Even if it doesn't kill you, it's not like the food is anything to write home about. It smells bad IMO. My cooking tastes better than anything I could get at McDonalds, but it is certainly very convenient to order and have hot food ready in 5 minutes.

OP
Mito

Mito

Cholesterol levels in range, does that mean low?
In 2003, Don Gorske ate 741 Big Macs, an average of 2.03 Big Macs per day. Gorske is 6 foot 2 inches tall (1.88m), 185 pounds (83 kg), and claims a cholesterol level of 140. His claimed average daily consumption of two Big Macs amounts to 1,080 calories, according to the nutritional information published by McDonald's;[4] this does not take into account his energy intake from fluids. The USDA recommends about 2,200 calories per day.[5] Gorske consumes mainly calorie-rich food, but he maintains a stable weight by consuming fewer calories daily than the average American. He says his taste buds have always fluctuated in sensitivity, so he often eats a Big Mac without being able to taste it.[6][7]

He also maintains that he has no (known) health issues and has not had reason to visit a doctor. At his doctor visit on April 26, 2011, his first since 1985, his cholesterol level was 156 mg/dl, which is below the average of 208 mg/dl.[10]

I also recall him saying he does not eat fries or hfcs sodas.
He also claims to drink almost nothing but Coca-Cola and, according to Super Size Me, he rarely eats the fries.

Don Gorske - Wikipedia

dbh25

Same article,
He said: "For some reason, I never get sick, I just I'm lucky. My weight stays the same. I have a cholesterol of 160.
Since then, he says the burgers have comprised between 90 and 95 percent of his total diet.

ddjd

Gorske says his cholesterol and blood pressure are normal despite having eaten at least one of the 540-calorie fast food burgers almost every day for the past four decades.
That just suggests high cholesterol is probably a good sign rather than bad

In 2003, Don Gorske ate 741 Big Macs, an average of 2.03 Big Macs per day. Gorske is 6 foot 2 inches tall (1.88m), 185 pounds (83 kg), and claims a cholesterol level of 140. His claimed average daily consumption of two Big Macs amounts to 1,080 calories, according to the nutritional information published by McDonald's;[4] this does not take into account his energy intake from fluids. The USDA recommends about 2,200 calories per day.[5] Gorske consumes mainly calorie-rich food, but he maintains a stable weight by consuming fewer calories daily than the average American. He says his taste buds have always fluctuated in sensitivity, so he often eats a Big Mac without being able to taste it.[6][7]

He also maintains that he has no (known) health issues and has not had reason to visit a doctor. At his doctor visit on April 26, 2011, his first since 1985, his cholesterol level was 156 mg/dl, which is below the average of 208 mg/dl.[10]

He also claims to drink almost nothing but Coca-Cola and, according to Super Size Me, he rarely eats the fries.

Don Gorske - Wikipedia

his cholesterol is ONLY 140... damn that is low, i wonder what his testosterone is

RobertJM

do u bob
or dont
one or the other will work
maybe

I will sometimes have a quarter pounder without the sauce if in Mcdonnalds, but the only time I have milk these days is in my coffee. I can’t tolerate it otherwise for many reasons.

Are you a milk machine lol

michael94

I will sometimes have a quarter pounder without the sauce if in Mcdonnalds, but the only time I have milk these days is in my coffee. I can’t tolerate it otherwise for many reasons.

Are you a milk machine lol
I "wish"
Sometimes ultr pasteurized 2% is ok, my favorite milk doesnt give me any issues besides draining my wallet...

Ideonaut

My homemade gluten-free buns + 100% grass-fed beef burgers > the crap at McDonalds.

Even if it doesn't kill you, it's not like the food is anything to write home about. It smells bad IMO. My cooking tastes better than anything I could get at McDonalds, but it is certainly very convenient to order and have hot food ready in 5 minutes.
I'm interested in your homemade gluten-free buns. Recipe?

Back
Top Bottom