Jennifer's Cellular Regeneration Log

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

LOL Out of curiosity, when removing the pip, do you use the knife technique of smacking the pip, twisting it then popping it out or just scoop it out with a spoon?

Richiebogie

Hi @Jennifer,

No, when I use the second half, I just dig my knife into the narrow ring around the pip and excavate fruit until the pip collapses!

I then might pick up the pip with my fingers and gently peel off any fruit stuck on the pip.

The hack and twist method may be a bit dangerous coming down from above - the pip may be too tough at the pointy end and your knife might bounce back at you!

Disclaimer: Always consult your grocer before changing your fruit preparation methods.

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Disclaimer: Always consult your grocer before changing your fruit preparation methods.
Hehe!

I've always just scooped the pip out with a spoon because I'm confident I'll land in the ER with the hack and twist method. I just saw a woman the other day who stabbed herself while hacking into a pip. The avocado slipped. She ended up hitting a nerve and is currently unable to use her hand. I love avocados, but not that much!

Richiebogie

Hi @Jennifer.

The poor woman!

Perhaps this could be explored in a new documentary: "Spoons over knives"!

In other fruit horror stories, they say more people die from durians falling on them than from shark attacks!

It was already scary swimming at the beach. Now I will be nervous when I'm walking in the city!

Last edited:
OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Perhaps this could be explored in a new documentary: "Spoons over knives"!
Haha! I should get working on that. It'll be riveting!

I've read something similar about coconuts.

You could always invest in a helmet? I never leave home without mine. :thumbright

Sheila

Hello Jennifer
Thank you for continuing to detail your findings and progress, all credit to you, very well done. I really marvel at your determination and fortitude.
I would like to ask your opinion about cooked broccoli and its effect on filtration. You noted that it reduced sedimentation but increased pee frequency. Whereas foods that 'agree' with you increase sedimentation with urination, and urination IIRC becomes less frequent, but more appropriate so to speak.
Presuming I have understood you correctly, do you think the anti-metabolic effect (my words) of a food (like broccoli) that does not agree with you (currently) occurs more at the intestines or at the kidneys? I have noted that foods that do not agree with people can a) cause fluid retention b) frequent but minimal urination or a combination. An irritated bowel seems to cause (more often) more frequent, but minimal urination so in some ways a body's reaction to these foods could be thought of as anti-diuretic. My understanding of bowel irritation to increased urination causation has tended to centre around maldigested/toxic/toxins from the bowel getting into the blood stream and the inflammatory response generated affecting kidney function and ultimately urination frequency and quantity. Dr Peat has said that the kidneys are very sensitive to bacterial toxins and as such I suspect that many people have some form of low grade chronic kidney dysfunction that stems, ultimately from a toxic bowel. It is not surprising perhaps that kidney disease is sky rocketing. Another correlation that I see often re. urinary frequency/bedwetting/kidney sensitivity/disease is a past history of severe or recurrent tonsillitis. I am presuming there was some lasting damage at the kidney level from these bacteria, or that they were not ever fully cleared. Maybe it is just the cohort that I have seen.
If I have made any sense to you at all, what is your perspective/understanding here please? I do understand that I have left out a whole slew of mineral relationships/acid:alkalinity/adrenal function and other factors but have found in the past that improving the competence of gut function (and, presumably reducing toxin ingress to the bloodstream) has usually a positive effect on kidney function from there on too.
I look forward to your thoughts if you have the time and inclination to do so.
Best regards, with thanks,
Sheila

Last edited:

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Hi Jennifer, I was curious if you cook zucchini or eat it raw?

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Hello Jennifer
Thank you for continuing to detail your findings and progress, all credit to you, very well done. I really marvel at your determination and fortitude.
I would like to ask your opinion about cooked broccoli and its effect on filtration. You noted that it reduced sedimentation but increased pee frequency. Whereas foods that 'agree' with you increase sedimentation with urination, and urination IIRC becomes less frequent, but more appropriate so to speak.
Thank you very much, Sheila. I feel I'm in good company. I see lots of determination around here. :)

Sorry for the misunderstanding. Cooked broccoli didn't increase my pee frequency. That was due to the wrong Kidney & Bladder formula I was taking, unknowingly. I hadn't noticed I was given the wrong formula on my last herb order and had been taking the diuretic Kidney & Bladder instead of the cleanser.
Presuming I have understood you correctly, do you think the anti-metabolic effect (my words) of a food (like broccoli) that does not agree with you (currently) occurs more at the intestines or at the kidneys?
Please see my last comment. :)
I have noted that foods that do not agree with people can a) cause fluid retention b) frequent but minimal urination or a combination. An irritated bowel seems to cause (more often) more frequent, but minimal urination so in some ways a body's reaction to these foods could be thought of as anti-diuretic. My understanding of bowel irritation to increased urination causation has tended to centre around maldigested/toxic/toxins from the bowel getting into the blood stream and the inflammatory response generated affecting kidney function and ultimately urination frequency and quantity.
I can see the kidneys increasing the frequency of urination in an attempt to dump toxins, sure. How exactly an inflammatory response generated from toxins in the blood directly affects the kidneys, I'm not sure. It's a stress response so could it be signaling to the adrenals to release adrenaline, turning nerve response off and on, controlling the kidneys' speed and volume of elimination? That may be far too simplistic. I'll have to think about this some more and do some reading. It's probably best to ask Travis. Haha!

The only thing I've noticed personally in relation to my intestines and the frequency of urination is if I consume hard to digest fibers or too much fat, I inevitably end up bloated in my colon, which causes pressure on my bladder and the sensation of needing to pee but unable to pass much urine all at once. Aside from an immune response, I wonder if the swelling that accompanies an irritated bowel could cause this same kind of pressure for others?
Dr Peat has said that the kidneys are very sensitive to bacterial toxins and as such I suspect that many people have some form of low grade chronic kidney dysfunction that stems, ultimately from a toxic bowel. It is not surprising perhaps that kidney disease is sky rocketing. Another correlation that I see often re. urinary frequency/bedwetting/kidney sensitivity/disease is a past history of severe or recurrent tonsillitis. I am presuming there was some lasting damage at the kidney level from these bacteria, or that they were not ever fully cleared. Maybe it is just the cohort that I have seen.
I agree that the kidneys are very sensitive to toxins/acids, particularly when they're weak and their buffering system is compromised.

In my experience, tonsillitis is related to accumulated acids/metabolic waste due to lymphatic stagnation all the way up to the throat area (at least) and the accompanying bacteria being necessary since bacteria are the clean up crew, eating up the waste. If a person is backed up that much lymphaticlly, everything below the diseased tissue (tonsils, in this case) may be/very likely are affected to some degree.

Thyroid weaknesses are often common in cases of tonsillitis since the accumulated acids destroy tissue. I've read of people who began expelling tonsil stones after getting on thyroid supplementation. If I remember correctly, bedwetting is related to a weak pituitary.
I have made any sense to you at all, what is your perspective/understanding here please? I do understand that I have left out a whole slew of mineral relationships/acid:alkalinity/adrenal function and other factors but have found in the past that improving the competence of gut function (and, presumably reducing toxin ingress to the bloodstream) has usually a positive effect on kidney function from there on too. I look forward to your thoughts if you have the time and inclination to do so.
To me, it starts with digestion, then absorption, then utilization and then elimination. If digestion is off, the other three are thrown off, too. The kidneys are part of the systems of elimination so I agree that improving gut function will have a positive effect on the kidneys.

Take care!

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Hi Jennifer, I was curious if you cook zucchini or eat it raw?
Hi Blossom, I eat it cooked. There's something about its texture when raw that I don't like. I tried making noodles out of it on numerous occasions and using different techniques to soften them like soaking them in lemon juice or freezing them (to rupture the cell walls), but they always kept a crunchy texture and continued to release juice, making the sauce I dressed them with watery.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Hi Blossom, I eat it cooked. There's something about its texture when raw that I don't like. I tried making noodles out of it on numerous occasions and using different techniques to soften them like soaking them in lemon juice or freezing them (to rupture the cell walls), but they always kept a crunchy texture and continued to release juice, making the sauce I dressed them with watery.
I love zucchini but I couldn't imagine it raw. I'm growing some in my garden this year. If you were my neighbor I'd have you over for for zucchini!

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Haha! Thanks, @Blossom! I'd bring an Edible Arrangement. :D

What variety are you growing? I'm planning on growing one of the Italian varieties after I move. They're supposedly very flavorful. I've seen some described as having a nutty flavor.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Haha! Thanks, @Blossom! I'd bring an Edible Arrangement. :D

What variety are you growing? I'm planning on growing one of the Italian varieties after I move. They're supposedly very flavorful. I've seen some described as having a nutty flavor.
:p:I'm not sure. My husband bought the seeds. I'll see if I can find out though.

Sheila

Dear Jennifer
Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my questions, I appreciate your experiential-based perspectives.
You have given me more to think about, thank you.
I wish you continuing success with your health, you are very much an inspiration.
Best regards
Sheila

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@Jennifer , I hope you don't mind me talking to you about fruit in your log!
I was slightly disappointed when I realized the other day that I actually do not have zucchini growing atm! I have cucumber and yellow summer squash but no zucchini. Never fear though because I'm making it my mission to find a couple zucchini plants today! Hopefully I still have some time to get a decent crop. I'm in Indiana so if you have any information about the growing season I'd be interested to know more. You're my forum fruit expert.:cigar:
I was also curious about your thoughts on Cotton Candy Grapes? A coworker highly recommended them and I found some organic ones at the store last night and as far as I can tell they are a hybrid. For some reason it's difficult to find good grapes here.

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

My pleasure, @Sheila! Thank you again for your kind words. :shame: And you've given me something to think about, too. I've been reading up on the frequency of urination in connection with the intestines. :):

Last edited:
OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

@Blossom, feel free to talk about fruit or anything else. I can't think of a more appropriate place than here. Besides, when have I ever stayed on topic? Someone starts a thread on fruitarians and aging and my comments lead to real estate, glamping and eating with a raccoon. :lol:

Yep, cotton candy grapes are a hybrid. I'm surprised they're in stores now. It used to be they were only available around August. I really like them except I can only take so much of them before they start to become too sickly sweet for me.

Supposedly, researchers are also developing grapes that taste like strawberries. Now if only they could grow strawberries that taste like strawberries instead of the sour things being passed off as strawberries these days. I'm on to you Big Ag!

I think you still have time to get a good crop, especially if buying the zucchini already started. Summer squash is fussy in terms of soil and air temperature and I recall the advice to wait until temps reach a minimum of 70° when direct-seeding.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Thanks @Jennifer! I actually ate some Cotton Candy grapes today and they were good but I still prefer red grapes.

tara

Summer squash is fussy in terms of soil and air temperature and I recall the advice to wait until temps reach a minimum of 70° when direct-seeding.
I don't know what Indiana climate's like, but my experience with growing zucchini is that it's been worth growing one or two more plants than I think I need, because nearly every season I've grown them, at least one has failed or been blown over by wind (big leaves, vulnerable stalk at base) before fruiting much. The ones I've had don't tolerate frost, and they slow right down when it gets cold. Worth growing - satisfying to pick them fresh every day. :)

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I don't know what Indiana climate's like, but my experience with growing zucchini is that it's been worth growing one or two more plants than I think I need, because nearly every season I've grown them, at least one has failed or been blown over by wind (big leaves, vulnerable stalk at base) before fruiting much. The ones I've had don't tolerate frost, and they slow right down when it gets cold. Worth growing - satisfying to pick them fresh every day. :)
Thanks @tara! I hope there isn't frost until late October or early November.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals