Increases Pain And Stiffness With Humidity

Waynish

I'm trying to deduce the cause of a friend's intolerance to humidity. I don't have any blood tests to go by, but he has consistently more pain and stiffness when humidity increases. Thoughts?

zewe

I get this the same reaction. Even if temps are in low 70s, the humidity makes me feel like I'm in distress. Pain is easily aroused, pain equals stiffness for me too.
And, I get very hot....feel like I'm going to explode due to internal combustion. I have fibro, cfs, ptsd…….but the root cause of all this is histamine intolerance
and mast cell activation syndrome. Does your friend have any of those conditions?

OP
W

Waynish

I get this the same reaction. Even if temps are in low 70s, the humidity makes me feel like I'm in distress. Pain is easily aroused, pain equals stiffness for me too.
And, I get very hot....feel like I'm going to explode due to internal combustion. I have fibro, cfs, ptsd…….but the root cause of all this is histamine intolerance
and mast cell activation syndrome. Does your friend have any of those conditions?

He may... Still looking into it. What makes you sure that the root is histamine intolerance? What do you think caused your ptsd, fibromyalgia, and CFS?

zewe

He may... Still looking into it. What makes you sure that the root is histamine intolerance? What do you think caused your ptsd, fibromyalgia, and CFS?
That's a loaded question, Waynish. Genetically, I have histamine intolerance [HIT]/mast cell activation syndrome [MCAS]. These are poorly understood in the US medical
communities; Europe is hep with the HIT and the US recently acknowledged MCAS. These conditions are being linked to fibro/cfs and persistent ptsd and more. All of my immediate and many of the
nieces/nephews, cousins have some aspect of these. We've had multiple traumas as individuals and as a family....war, violence. I had some particularly violent trauma in my 50s [drugged,
kidnapped, raped, beat, tortured.....I did escape] which really pushed me over the edge. Is it any wonder I have PTSD? HIT symptoms mimic my ptsd/cfs/fm symptoms so I'm constantly
in negative feedback loops.

Hazarlar

It is common knowledge (where I live) that humidity is bad for joints and etc. People with those symptoms have reported to feel so much better in Central Asian areas. Even doctors talk about it; but I doubt anyone knows exact mechanisms. They might be very well virus-related in my non-expert opinion. I say it because I live and work also in very humid environment and my injuries don't want to heal. But I have found that benfothiamine (B1) (antiviral) brings new life to the muscles. That is why I am interested also in dry-fasting. And chinese medicine recommends spices to combat humidity.

fradon

I'm trying to deduce the cause of a friend's intolerance to humidity. I don't have any blood tests to go by, but he has consistently more pain and stiffness when humidity increases. Thoughts?

heat intolerance

stress and low cortisol since cortisol acts like an anti inflammatory and heat/humidity lowers blood sugar and raises cortisol but your friend may have low cortisol for some reason

barometric pressure can effect joints and muscle

too much water in his body. have him eat moderate protein with LOW GLYCEMIC VEGETABLES with no fat and this will prevent insulin spikes. this will help him pull some water out and will lower his insulin which will prevent fluid retention. chicken + green beans or beef + brocolli with no rice and low fat.