Please Explain What Is This Malaise I Feel

paka

It may not be sleep related but I am 22 and have always had sleep issues (esp. recently) so that's what I think it is, instead of a serious illness

Symptoms:

- when i'm tired after a full day awake, I will feel malaise unless i lay down or go to sleep. So I cannot stay up late anymore without stress/malaise

- I cannot sit or stand (or walk) too long without feeling malaise/stress, I need to lay down to relieve it. Sugary foods like milk or ice cream will relieve it for a few minutes, but only laying down will permanently relieve it.

- If I sleep 8+ hours, it doesn't get better. but it only happens in recent months.

- The sensation is similar to anxiety, but not alike. Or like when you're really hot but can't sweat. It's centered in the chest, it's like a puff of warm air and I tend to touch my chest with my hand as if it is a heart illness.

- It's like puffs of heat through the body, it makes my eyebrows make a "stressed" sign and I may break into a light sweat

- I can be exhausted, then I go to bed and am wide awake, then feel exhaustion or malaise when I get up which is only relieved by laying down, but then i'm wide awake again, and the cycle repeats - like insomnia

And for instance, I was just washing dishes but could not finish due to malaise feeling, laying down always relieves it immediately. It has been happening on and off for months but the past few weeks it is more common.

My sleep habits are really bad. But I will post it here because going to doctors who are often unreliable won't help, I just have to rely on Ray Peats tips. Thanks, if you cannot figure it out then at least I have documented it for reference :)

OP
paka

paka

Hmm, I may have made it sound worse than it is, only because I am not feeling it now but was earlier and it was very bothersome. It happens almost randomly unless I'm laying down totally relaxed.

lampofred

I think Dr. Peat has said that getting easily fatigued is a sign of too much excitation/too little inhibition caused by a poor CO2 to lactate ratio.

Hmm, I may have made it sound worse than it is, only because I am not feeling it now but was earlier and it was very bothersome. It happens almost randomly unless I'm laying down totally relaxed.

Does glycine help you?

Johhny Tazzle

When I start feeling feeling fatigued and malaise particularly this past winter, like the feeling that no amount of sleep would restore me, I started suspecting it involved iron, so I donated blood and felt much better, just a thought, but in general correcting your fatty acid composition and thyroid will help

OP
paka

paka

When I start feeling feeling fatigued and malaise particularly this past winter, like the feeling that no amount of sleep would restore me, I started suspecting it involved iron, so I donated blood and felt much better, just a thought, but in general correcting your fatty acid composition and thyroid will help
oh, sorry to hear :(

OP
paka

paka

I feel it again, it's like my boddy is fuming with a stressful/hot feeling and I need to lay down to relieve it, even though I slept for 8 hours.

InChristAlone

When I was suffering burn out I couldn't even do a whole load of dishes without having to rest. Now I can do all kinds of things and will only need a little rest in between. I realized I had not been eating enough for a long time. Have you tracked your calories. Adrenal fatigue and starvation share similar symptoms.

Johhny Tazzle

I know you said ice cream and milk help temporarily, maybe it's blood sugar issues? Have you tried orange juice or apple juice? Does this episode occur when your in a fasted or full state? Could be related to ffa release especially if their pufas

OP
paka

paka

I think my diet is ok! I eat Ray Peat recommendations. It's just sleep, burn out most likely

Thank you

OP
paka

paka

Also, sugar by itself relieves stress, so I think anyone who eats ice cream would feel less stressed

fradon

It may not be sleep related but I am 22 and have always had sleep issues (esp. recently) so that's what I think it is, instead of a serious illness

Symptoms:

- when i'm tired after a full day awake, I will feel malaise unless i lay down or go to sleep. So I cannot stay up late anymore without stress/malaise

- I cannot sit or stand (or walk) too long without feeling malaise/stress, I need to lay down to relieve it. Sugary foods like milk or ice cream will relieve it for a few minutes, but only laying down will permanently relieve it.

- If I sleep 8+ hours, it doesn't get better. but it only happens in recent months.

- The sensation is similar to anxiety, but not alike. Or like when you're really hot but can't sweat. It's centered in the chest, it's like a puff of warm air and I tend to touch my chest with my hand as if it is a heart illness.

- It's like puffs of heat through the body, it makes my eyebrows make a "stressed" sign and I may break into a light sweat

- I can be exhausted, then I go to bed and am wide awake, then feel exhaustion or malaise when I get up which is only relieved by laying down, but then i'm wide awake again, and the cycle repeats - like insomnia

And for instance, I was just washing dishes but could not finish due to malaise feeling, laying down always relieves it immediately. It has been happening on and off for months but the past few weeks it is more common.

My sleep habits are really bad. But I will post it here because going to doctors who are often unreliable won't help, I just have to rely on Ray Peats tips. Thanks, if you cannot figure it out then at least I have documented it for reference :)

do you get dizzy when you stand up?

what is the weather like where you live, is it hot and humid?

does COCA COLA make you feel good?

Richiebogie

Do you do any exercise?

If not, 30 minutes gentle jogging or cycling may get your body into a restorative energy burning state.

The exercise may make your mind become more relaxed and alert for the rest of the day.

Sleep may improve too!