How To Prevent Cavities And Tooth Decay In Dogs?

xborg

The natural, raw diet provides the needed enzymes to clean the teeth. Absent that, there are enzyme dental sprays for pets to compensate for the cooked/processed diet.

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
I use Virbac enzymatic toothpaste, C.E.T., poultry flavor, on my dog's teeth. I put a small amount on a spoon and using a portion of that on an index finger I rub her teeth and gums for ten seconds. Then I repeat until I have used it up. There is a lot of licking and I can only do the outside of her teeth but she is seven years old next month and she has very little tartar and healthy gums. She loves it and is ready for me to "brush" her teeth every evening.

All the ingredients may not be the best but it is better than any other canine toothpaste I have tried.

DenMarker

I use Virbac enzymatic toothpaste, C.E.T., poultry flavor, on my dog's teeth. I put a small amount on a spoon and using a portion of that on an index finger I rub her teeth and gums for ten seconds. Then I repeat until I have used it up. There is a lot of licking and I can only do the outside of her teeth but she is seven years old next month and she has very little tartar and healthy gums. She loves it and is ready for me to "brush" her teeth every evening.

All the ingredients may not be the best but it is better than any other canine toothpaste I have tried.

i use CET and virbac too!

i tried to give my dog raw bones, carrots and cucumbers so that he can clean his teeth while chewing them.
tried to give daily or weekly.... for cucumbers and carrots, he is not a big fan.. :(
so raw bones only.

and of course CET and virbac too.

my dog brushes her teeth with vegetation =) but she eats loots of cooked starch like rice , beans, potatoes and fruit. her teeth is very good

LucyL

raw meat and bone
Exactly what I was going to post!