Cacao Butter: Strong Anti-cortisol, Anti-anxiety Effects

Travis

But it gets more complicated: fatty acids found in seeds are mostly in the form of trigylcerides, and are individually found in one of three positions along the glycerol backbone; and each position metabolized at a different rate. A trigylceride having stearic acid, palmitic acid, and myristic acid in the sn-1, sn-2, and sn-3 positions—respectively—would be metabolized a bit differently than the other combinations of same. We know enzymes of the lipid membrane are position-selective (i.e. phospholipase A₂ and phospholipase C), but metabolic enzymes can be as well. The difference between the positions is probably best demonstrated by 2-arachidonyl-
glycerol
, a stripped-down tryglyceride having it's sn-1 and sn-3 positions cleaved-off leaving only an arachidonic acid ester at position sn-2. This molecule is the strongest endogenous ligand for our cannabinoid receptors, named of course for their ability to bind Cannabis phytochemicals. Since THC interferes with lipid signalling in the brain (and where arachidonic acid should be largely excluded; DPA and DHA being the preferred sn-2 lipids there), it should perhaps be no surprise that that smokers often feel the desire to eat within minutes of setting down their bongs. So not only does the concentration of fatty acids matter a great deal, it also matters a bit how they are arrayed along the glycerol backbone—enzymes and receptors actually being selective enough to discern.

So linoleic acid and γ-linolenic acid (18∶3ω−6) are also the most psychedelic fatty acids due to their exclusive ability to become arachidonic acid in the body. In a DHA or deficiency, or that of its precursor α-linolenic acid (18∶3ω−3), more arachidonic acid will be found in the brain—normally excluded by DPA and DHA. And due to the obvious psychological effects of cannabinoids and the fact that arachidonic acid is a precondition for the formation of the most powerful endocannabinoid, it would follow that ω−6-eaters are generally slower for yet another reason (besides the general antimetabolic effects and any possible immunological effects consequent of 2-series prostaglandin production). I know we had all suspected that people buying Wesson™ at the grocery store were high on something, but little did we know that it could actually have been from the vegetable oil itself (lol). So all the best science still appears to indicate that linoleic acid and γ-linolenic acid (18∶3ω−6) should prob-
ably be kept to a minimum, and small amounts of either α-linolenic acid (18∶3ω−3) or DHA actually being necessary for the brain (the only true essential fatty acids).

Last edited:

Wagner83

Just an idea:
Use coconut oil during the day and cocoa butter for dinner. Don't boost metabolism for dinner, but don't interfere with glucose oxidation at breakfast and lunch.

Obi-wan

As I mentioned I purchased a 3 lb bag of steric acid. It comes in very hard flakes. Tried heating it up and applying on the skin but it hardens to quickly and just acts like a wax on the skin. So now I put a spoonful in my coffee along with a spoonful of Cacao powder (not butter) and drink it. I still choke on some of the flakes. Gives me a feeling of energy potential not necessarily having to use it.

managing

But it gets more complicated: fatty acids found in seeds are mostly in the form of trigylcerides, and are individually found in one of three positions along the glycerol backbone; and each position metabolized at a different rate. A trigylceride having stearic acid, palmitic acid, and myristic acid in the sn-1, sn-2, and sn-3 positions—respectively—would be metabolized a bit differently than the other combinations of same. We know enzymes of the lipid membrane are position-selective (i.e. phospholipase A₂ and phospholipase C), but metabolic enzymes can be as well. The difference between the positions is probably best demonstrated by 2-arachidonyl-
glycerol
, a stripped-down tryglyceride having it's sn-1 and sn-3 positions cleaved-off leaving only an arachidonic acid ester at position sn-2. This molecule is the strongest endogenous ligand for our cannabinoid receptors, named of course for their ability to bind Cannabis phytochemicals. Since THC interferes with lipid signalling in the brain (and where arachidonic acid should be largely excluded; DPA and DHA being the preferred sn-2 lipids there), it should perhaps be no surprise that that smokers often feel the desire to eat within minutes of setting down their bongs. So not only does the concentration of fatty acids matter a great deal, it also matters a bit how they are arrayed along the glycerol backbone—enzymes and receptors actually being selective enough to discern.

So linoleic acid and γ-linolenic acid (18∶3ω−6) are also the most psychedelic fatty acids due to their exclusive ability to become arachidonic acid in the body. In a DHA or deficiency, or that of its precursor α-linolenic acid (18∶3ω−3), more arachidonic acid will be found in the brain—normally excluded by DPA and DHA. And due to the obvious psychological effects of cannabinoids and the fact that arachidonic acid is a precondition for the formation of the most powerful endocannabinoid, it would follow that ω−6-eaters are generally slower for yet another reason (besides the general antimetabolic effects and any possible immunological effects consequent of 2-series prostaglandin production). I know we had all suspected that people buying Wesson™ at the grocery store were high on something, but little did we know that it could actually have been from the vegetable oil itself (lol). So all the best science still appears to indicate that linoleic acid and γ-linolenic acid (18∶3ω−6) should prob-
ably be kept to a minimum, and small amounts of either α-linolenic acid (18∶3ω−3) or DHA actually being necessary for the brain (the only true essential fatty acids).
I understand this. But if it was meant to be a response to me, it'd be helpful if you could connect the dots. If it was not meant to be a response to me, no worries.

Mossy

As I mentioned I purchased a 3 lb bag of steric acid. It comes in very hard flakes. Tried heating it up and applying on the skin but it hardens to quickly and just acts like a wax on the skin. So now I put a spoonful in my coffee along with a spoonful of Cacao powder (not butter) and drink it. I still choke on some of the flakes. Gives me a feeling of energy potential not necessarily having to use it.
Obi-wan, I thought I should answer your question here as well, about how people were using their cocoa butter, so I don’t steal the thunder from the seller on that original thread—I don’t use their brand.

I use 3 wafers (7 grams) in a cup of coffee. I do plan on using it transdermally as well.

Obi-wan

I use Cocoa Butter in the morning and Shea butter at night transdermal. Cocoa powder in coffee.

Obi-wan

More effects with Cocoa butter and Cocoa powder

managing

I've made myself a spreadable cacao butter. It is 20% (by weight) caprylic acid. Caprylic of course is much much softer, being a thin liquid even at relatively low room temps.

I just combined the two in a glass container and submerged that in an inch of water in a pan. I modulated the flame on and off every couple of minutes until all of the cacao butter was melted. I didn't use a thermometer but I'd say it didn't exceed about 130F. I wouldn't think these temps would hurt anything in the least? Stirred, and then let it become solid again as it cooled. Now looks and smells like cacao butter but is a little firmer than coconut oil with similar pliability. You can hold it against your body and it melts pretty much instantaneously.

I tried rubbing raw cacao butter against my body once and gave myself a brief rash from the abrasiveness, lol.

Ras

Wouldn't mango butter be a suitable alternative to cocoa butter? The stearic acid content is almost identical, it has low to no odor, and it feels better on the skin than cocoa butter. Its higher oleic content would help with transdermal absorption.

Richiebogie

interestingly caprylic acid is known for causing digestive pain. i use it all the time and am quite used to it now. as it happens, cacao butter is the only thing that relieves the stomach pain. i think theyre a great combo!

Cream does tend to give me a sore stomach, whereas chocolate does not!

According to wikipedia, caprylic acid is a disinfectant! Is this what is causing the stomach pain?

"Caprylic acid is an antimicrobial pesticide used as a food contact surface sanitizer in commercial food handling establishments on dairy equipment, food processing equipment, breweries, wineries, and beverage processing plants. It is also used as disinfectant in health care facilities, schools/colleges, animal care/veterinary facilities, industrial facilities, office buildings, recreational facilities, retail and wholesale establishments, livestock premises, restaurants, and hotels/motels. In addition, caprylic acid is used as an algaecide, bactericide, and fungicide in nurseries, greenhouses, garden centers, and interiorscapes on ornamentals."

Hi @managing, according to wikipedia caprylic acid is slightly smelly a bit like the other short chain saturated fatty acids!

Last edited:

managing

According to wikipedia, caprylic acid is a disinfectant! Is this what is causing the stomach pain?

"Caprylic acid is an antimicrobial pesticide used as a food contact surface sanitizer in commercial food handling establishments on dairy equipment, food processing equipment, breweries, wineries, and beverage processing plants. It is also used as disinfectant in health care facilities, schools/colleges, animal care/veterinary facilities, industrial facilities, office buildings, recreational facilities, retail and wholesale establishments, livestock premises, restaurants, and hotels/motels. In addition, caprylic acid is used as an algaecide, bactericide, and fungicide in nurseries, greenhouses, garden centers, and interiorscapes on ornamentals."

Hi @managing, according to wikipedia caprylic acid is slightly smelly a bit like the other short chain saturated fatty acids!
The nice thing is when mixed with cacao butter as described above, you only smell the cacao butter.

Tarmander

The nice thing is when mixed with cacao butter as described above, you only smell the cacao butter.
Caprylic acid smells a bit goaty...in fact its name is reminiscent of goats...think capricorn. That is why it's called caprylic

managing

Caprylic acid smells a bit goaty...in fact its name is reminiscent of goats...think capricorn. That is why it's called caprylic
Goat's milk is also very high in capric and caprylic acids. As to which is the linguistic chicken/egg, I have no idea.

OP
ddjd

ddjd

does it smell goaty, or does goat milk smell like it?
Goat's milk is also very high in capric and caprylic acids. As to which is the linguistic chicken/egg, I have no idea.

Caprylic acid has zero taste or smell. You're right it is higher in goats milk but the product you buy as pure Caprylic has no goat smell at all.

managing

What are your thoughts on:

How often cacao butter/stearic acid ought to be dosed? How rapidly do their effects decline?

Would there be declining benefits, or negative/side effects above a certain amount?