Announcement Maintenance/Downtime Notices And Announcements

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Hosting was doing some work on the server this morning, everything should be smoothed out now. :hattip

Last edited:
OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Apologies for the downtime overnight. I applied an update yesterday and for some reason a file did not get uploaded during the update. So when that file was called for at 3:30AM this morning, it crashed the site.

Everything is back up and running, smooth sailing ahead. :D

:hattip

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
The site went down again overnight. There is an issue with an update that is happening. I am in contact with the developer right now and am sorting out the issue with him.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused. :hattip

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I am aware of the posting and responsiveness issue happening right now and am looking into it.

Last edited:
OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I am aware of the posting and responsiveness issue happening right now and am looking into it.
Issue was found and has been corrected. If you continue to have troubles posting, or any kind of access issues please let me know.

Last edited:
OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I have had the unresponsiveness issue as recently as 30 minutes ago.
I am not showing anything server side right now that would suggest we are having any issues serving out right now. I continue to watch it closely.

In the next few minutes we will probably be restarting the server due to some changes made, so that will cause a couple minutes downtime.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Notice:

Forum will go offline tonight at 11pm Eastern time due server being worked on. Suspected downtime is 20-45 minutes. No data or anything of the sort will be lost, just some new hardware will be put into the server. Thank you for your patience as this work is done.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Apologies for the recent downtime. There was an issue with the hosting company which was located and fixed. :hattip

Apologies for the recent downtime. There was an issue with the hosting company which was located and fixed. :hattip

Ya bro.. what happened with that lol... did you login to the site and freakout? that was a weird error message, it was like one line of text and nothing else

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Ya bro.. what happened with that lol... did you login to the site and freakout? that was a weird error message, it was like one line of text and nothing else
Basically a program auto-updated and reverted a setting back to an old setting and well, it borked.

Nah didn't freak out, just jumped into action and got er' done.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I am aware of the connectivity issue going on right now and working towards a solution. Thank you for your patience. :hattip

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Still working on the current issue. I have brought our server guru on for this one, Matt. He is on the job.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
We should be good to go now. Server guru Matt found the issues and quickly remedied them. He also made sure the backups are running and verified all is well.

I owe Matt 2 hours of service(2 hours is £40 which equals about $60). If anyone would like to pay for this please contact me via PM. If you cannot pay both hours, then picking up just one hour would be awesome. You will be paying directly to him via paypal.

edit: I owe Matt 3 hours now, so that is about $90. If you can help please send a PM. Even if you can only pay an hour of it I would be very grateful.

Last edited:
OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Apologies for the downtime today.

The hosting company had a hardware failure. After it was fixed when the server was brought back up, our database was corrupted. I called up Matt(I was not able to get to the backups at that time) and he pulled the backups. The server went down at 8AM this morning, we were able to pull a backup from 6AM. So we lost 2 hours of posts, that's a very nice recovery.

Everything looking solid now. Matt is checking on things to make sure they are smooth. This one was out of our hands for a while until the hosting could repair the hardware that was broken. Rest assured, if the forum is ever down please know that I am focusing 100% on getting it back up as fast as possible. I know what this place means to all of us.

On that note, I still owe Matt some funds. And I will probably owe him a bit more after today although he has not billed me yet. If you want to help with paying him please PM me and I will get you his information so you can pay him directly.

Last edited:
OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Thanks Charlie.

Half of the server guru bill has been paid, thank you to that awesome person who paid it. We have about £30 more to go, which is about $45. If you are able to take care of it please send me a PM.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Server guru is paid. Thank you!!! :hattip

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I am updating the forum today, might be a glitch here and there while I work on it. :hattip

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals