Who Got Benefits From Thiamine? I Have A Question

satsumass

Forum Supporter
There are different types of sleep apnea. Sometimes they remove the tonsils to help improve it. My sleep apnea improved with raised CO2 levels, so it just depends. I also have been working on thyroid. At 1,500 mg thiamin is a carbonic anhydrase inhibitor, similar to acetazolamide.

Just orange juice. I think one of the most important things that I've realized since discovering Peat is how dangerous the little fillers and additives in food and supplements can actually be. The devil's in the details as they say.

I really would love to hear more about how you've improved your sleep apnea.

I am desperate. I have tried a lot, including the significant double jaw surgery, and weight loss. While all interventions, including CPAP, helped "some", they have all been a bit underwhelming. I am 45 lbs down, 2 years out of surgery, and still have to use CPAP and even then wake up feeling tired.

I think it's all interrelated--its not just mechanical and space in back of neck, it's also muscle reflex, and also central.

I am re-trying the Buyteko training, and though I've never had asthma and do cardio a bit (laid off due to shoulder surgery and not swimming as much), my CP remains far too low.

What have you done to increase CO2 levels and can you describe how it helped your sleep, what you noticed, etc.?

alywest

I am desperate. I have tried a lot, including the significant double jaw surgery, and weight loss. While all interventions, including CPAP, helped "some", they have all been a bit underwhelming. I am 45 lbs down, 2 years out of surgery, and still have to use CPAP and even then wake up feeling tired.

I think it's all interrelated--its not just mechanical and space in back of neck, it's also muscle reflex, and also central.

I am re-trying the Buyteko training, and though I've never had asthma and do cardio a bit (laid off due to shoulder surgery and not swimming as much), my CP remains far too low.

What have you done to increase CO2 levels and can you describe how it helped your sleep, what you noticed, etc.?

I would read more about Ray Peat's views on CO2 and read this thread https://raypeatforum.com/community/...inhibitor-as-effective-as-acetazolamide.6833/

Acetazolamide (aka diamox) is what they use to help people who get altitude sickness, so it really works, but so does thiamine and possibly without some of the negative side effects that some people report. Peat has discussed it in more than one place but check out this article http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/thyroid-insanities.shtml

Getting my thyroid levels up has been key. If you are hypothyroid you can't keep co2 levels up. Also I have noticed progesterone helps. I take a lot of both. If I eat gluten it really messes me up sleep wise. Pretty much any allergen, especially carrageenan, potassium sorbate, sulfites, nitrites and gluten will interfere with me getting a good night's sleep because when adrenaline kicks in at some point it interacts harmfully with those substances creating toxins, etc. So no wine, no bread, almost nothing processed unless I scour the ingredients.

alywest

Another thing to think about if you're going to be taking large doses of B1 is to take large amounts of fructose. I've noticed if I take a large dose of b1 I need to have at least a spoonful of raw honey and then I usually chase that with some orange juice. If I don't do that sometimes I feel anxious. Taking a huge spoonful or two of honey and some OJ in the middle of the night if you wake up can also be really helpful. You really have to keep your fructose levels up and also consider thyroid supplementation if you aren't already.

Memento

How is your indoor air quality? Are the symptoms similar in different houses/environments?

At 1,500 mg thiamin is a carbonic anhydrase inhibitor, similar to acetazolamide.

@alywest do you take 1500mg at once or divided through the day? Every day?

alywest

How is your indoor air quality? Are the symptoms similar in different houses/environments?

@alywest do you take 1500mg at once or divided through the day? Every day?
I divide it up into 3-4 doses. I try to remember everyday but sometimes I forget a dose so I only get like 1,200 or so. One thing to keep in mind, too, is it's a lot of b1 so you're going to start eliminating iron and that will make you kind of smell bad. Supposedly b2 can help with the smell.

SelfHelpster

I started experimenting with thiamine myself. Yesterday I used Country Life Vitamin B1 hydro chloride 100mg and got to around 1500mg in doses of three. Can't tell if it worked as I'm using other means of helping like nose breathing and going to bed earlier. I wish I knew years ago my throat was perfectly fine, but now I have a much better direction to go.

Velve921

I’ve just started experimenting with thiamine and noticed that it gives me kind of a calming focus; versus, niacinamide just ramps my metabolism hard. Just over stimulating.

Has anyone seen this effect where B1 is calming and B3 is very stimulating?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals